Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2007, 7:18 pm

OVER THE LAST 3 WEEKS I'VE SEEN THIS KID GET BULLIED EVERY DAY, HES 1ST YEAR THEY'RE 3RD YEAR. 1 1ST YEAR VS 8 3RD YEARS. I'M IN 5TH YEAR, SO I REPORTED THIS AFTER 1 WEEK NOTHING WAS DONE SO AT THE END OF THE 2ND WEEK I REPORTED IT AGAIN, AGAIN NOTHIN WAS DONE. THE BULLYING HAD BEEN VERBAL UP TILL TUESDAY OF THE 3RD WEEK, THEN IT GOT PHYSICAL, I COULD SEE THE KID WAS SCARED SO ON THURSDAY AFTER SCHOOL I TURNED ROUND AND THUMPED 6 OF THEM :oops: (I WAS REALLY PISSED ,IT REMINDED ME OF WHEN I GOT BULLIED BAD)NOW THEY LEAVE HIM BUT I FEEL BAD!! DID I DO THE RIGHT THING??

I ALSO THINK THE 1ST YEAR HAS AS WHICH MADE IT PERSONAL!!

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:19 pm

As long as you don't get in trouble for it.

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2007, 7:20 pm

I AMNT IN TROUBLE YET!! BUT ITS STILL POSSIBLE!!

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:22 pm

Please don't use all caps though - some of us are sensitive. Looks like you're just going to have to ride this one out. Was anyone seriously injured?

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:24 pm

You stopped bullies from harassing a kid. That isn't bad. You used violence, whether or not that is bad is really subjective. To the kid you defended, it wasn't wrong at all. To the kids you hit, of course it was wrong, but I'm not considering their opinions to be valid. :P To others, it could still be considered "wrong."

I don't know if I'd say you did the "right," thing, but it sounds like you did a good thing for someone that needed help.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:24 pm

You stoped bullies from ruining a kid's life, I dont know if I agree with hurting little children but then again bullies can make a child's life hell.

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2007, 7:32 pm

No one was seriously hurt the worse i gave them was a black eye!! :oops:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:34 pm

You're not going to get in much official trouble then. You might end up having someone's big brother come after you though. Just wait it out - it won't be too bad.

Khraese
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2007, 7:34 pm

You're a hero, yes, but one thought crosses my mind:

How old are you? I mean, if you're some average 20-something beating on kids, well, that's weird.

But you should have taken a more defensive approach--Prevent them from attacking the kids--aka, bodyblocking, etc--and start arguing in the kid's defense.

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2007, 7:36 pm

im 17 the 3rd years we between 14-15

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:40 pm

Khraese wrote:
But you should have taken a more defensive approach--Prevent them from attacking the kids--aka, bodyblocking, etc--and start arguing in the kid's defense.

Yeah, it's too late now, but you might have been able to terrify them without resorting to actual violence. I found that this worked a couple of times for me. My rages are pretty damned intimidating though.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:45 pm

That happened to me when I was a kid. Don't exactly remember when... 3rd grade, I expect. Bullies used to always pick on me... and I didn't really care, just avoided them as much as possible. But then one day the same bully started picking on one of my friends.

I saw red. The next thing I knew (literally), I was straddling this kid, pounding on his face (though, somehow, I was seeing it through his eyes, go figure...) and teachers were pulling him off me.

After that, that bully avoided me, and my friends. And always went around with a bigger guy, as "protection", I guess.

The upshot of all this is: Bullies are usually cowards who are seeking attention. Try to avoid them when you can, but sometimes the use of force is the only thing they understand.

By the way, when you get older, you'll discover that this principle also applies to International Diplomacy. :P

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:30 pm

excellent. they deserved it.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 8:45 pm

JonnyBGoode wrote:
By the way, when you get older, you'll discover that this principle also applies to International Diplomacy. :P

UnclScrewtape
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2007, 10:29 pm

"Pain is a lesson no student ever forgets." --- Jedi Master Joruus C'Baoth (Dark Force Rising -- Timothy Zahn)

You tried to get the appropriate authorities to use their influence to stop these brats from inflicting their abuse.. twice, if I read your post aright. When that wasn't sufficient you tried a more.. personal method. One much more effective. The only reason you should have felt bad at all is if you did nothing. I wholeheartedly approve of your course of action. Bravo!! !

SweXtal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2007, 4:58 am

I have a hell trying just to look after myself in a proper way, but my ex and my kids is watched like i don't know what. I also can't stand other people bullying or hitting someone, I just step in. It's simply not right and I use verbals to haul them down to maggots. Works every time, since people bullying another mostly are teens and can't expect a profane language heavier than theirs.