Residential Therapy Program for Women with Asperger's

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

skydancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2015, 9:36 pm

I am in need of a residential treatment program that will take my insurance. It seems that there are many for drug/alcohol abuse and some for depression/anxiety. I have spiraled into a deep depression and have been plagued by severe anxiety of all forms my entire life. I have had many traumatic events both long ago & recently. I have been unable to find anything for adults that addresses autism specifically. Due to misdiagnosis of ADHD, I am dependent on amphetamine drugs. These cause severe anxiety/sleeplessness & I have started drinking to offset the anxiety. I need help to detox & find the right meds. Then I need to heal & I think the alcohol issue should subside. I guess I am afraid of ending up in a drug rehab as I feel it is secondary to the main issue. In fact I was so sensitive to all meds & such that it was never an issue for most of my life. The healthcare system where I live is so fragmented & increases my stress. I am definitely in need of inpatient. If anyone has any experience with places that helped them, please let me know. I am desperate for help.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 10:04 pm

I'm not female and I'm not an expert on inpatient care but that's some serious stuff to deal with so I wish you best of luck.

That being said you need to give a general location, say a state or province or no one will be able to recommend a local place for you.

skydancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2015, 10:14 pm

I am willing & can go anywhere in the US. There are no facilities close to me that are both good & take insurance. Places I am considering including Michael's House, Asana Women's Recovery, Sovereign, The Center (A Place for Healing), Windhorse, Skyland Trail or Cooper Riis. Does anyone have experience with any of these places?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 11:07 pm

In actuality, you do not need any treatment for Aspergers. Instead, you are grappling with serious mental health issues. That you are an Asperger's individual (or not) is moot. Aspergers is not a mental illness but rather a neurological difference. Similarly, the fact that you are female is irrelevant. (Just to note, no 'b' in Aspergers).

Instead, you are very vulnerable just now.....In such need, go to any medical facility (or emergency department, if urgent) and they will direct you. You are describing serious drug addiction problems - any medical provider can give you a recommendation right now and facilitate your admission. Hope your situation is alleviated soon enough.