I don't know whats wrong with me

Page 1 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 2:06 am

I'm always overlooked. I've met lots of nice guys throughout my adult life, but even the ones who seem to.like me end up with someone else.

I don't know what about me is so unappealing. Maybe I look attractive, but upon closer association I'm just not normal enough.

No one has asked me out in about 8-10 years. I don't think anyone will ever ask me out again.

I'm so confused. I don't know what to do. I don't know what is so awful about me.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 3:17 am

Hey Hurtloam :) Im sorry for how you are feeling, i have felt the same way... Its not easy and i dont have any answers im afraid as there could be a number of variables. I 'm not sure if you are on the spectrum or not? I can only see possible misunderstandings, whether its approach or even if you feel relatively relaxed.. As when i have the energy i have to constantly force a smile because apparently my resting face can seem somewhat intimidating! hehe But im just stabbing in the dark here and expressing what seems to me the most obvious as i dont know you or how you may be around people. As mentioned im sure it is likely a misunderstanding more than anything else! Dont give up!! Keep the hope flowing and keep swimming ;)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 4:02 am

Fox hugs

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2016, 4:07 am

I doubt there's anything awful about you, my perspective is that society is awful.

May I ask when was the last time you asked a guy out? It's just as hard for us to show our feelings as it is for you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 5:11 am

EgotisticalAltruist wrote:
May I ask when was the last time you asked a guy out? It's just as hard for us to show our feelings as it is for you.

Yeah, I understand that.

A couple of weeks ago. He said no. I don't know if he didn't want to go to the thing or he just didn't want to spend time with just me

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:31 am

Uncle wrote:
Hey Hurtloam :) Im sorry for how you are feeling, i have felt the same way... Its not easy and i dont have any answers im afraid as there could be a number of variables. I 'm not sure if you are on the spectrum or not? I can only see possible misunderstandings, whether its approach or even if you feel relatively relaxed.. As when i have the energy i have to constantly force a smile because apparently my resting face can seem somewhat intimidating! hehe But im just stabbing in the dark here and expressing what seems to me the most obvious as i dont know you or how you may be around people. As mentioned im sure it is likely a misunderstanding more than anything else! Dont give up!! Keep the hope flowing and keep swimming ;)

Thanks, the "misunderstandings" keep happening though. Every time. Things never get off the ground. There's a spark and then nothing happens.

I feel like I'll never break this cycle.

I hate being the loser who can't get anyone to love then. I don't know why I always fail.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:41 am

I appreciate that people on the Internet can't say , "I can see this is probably putting people off, don't do that," because you don't know me, but I have no one in real life who I can talk to about this.

I just get told, "you just haven't met the right person yet," "you don't need someone, other people manage on their own", "you're not the only one",

But that doesn't tell me why I keep getting rejected. It's the same pattern over and over.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:57 am

I understand this is not the best explanation:

But, in your case, I do believe there is a strong "luck of the draw" kind of element to your situation.

I know it's frustrating. But you have other aspects of your life where you are successful.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 12:25 pm

But why can't I do this thing that's so normal and easy for everyone else? It's supposed to be a natural part of being human.

I'm just so sick of getting hurt.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 1:15 pm

Want to go out with me?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 1:22 pm

hurtloam wrote:
I appreciate that people on the Internet can't say , "I can see this is probably putting people off, don't do that," because you don't know me, but I have no one in real life who I can talk to about this.

I just get told, "you just haven't met the right person yet," "you don't need someone, other people manage on their own", "you're not the only one",

But that doesn't tell me why I keep getting rejected. It's the same pattern over and over.

I've kind of tried to help you out before, but you seem closed off. It isn't just you, but a lot of people on this forum. It's like people want to stay in their situation, they don't want to hear any new ways of trying things, they just want to keep repeating what they know, which is like that quote, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result". Maybe you don't see it. And yeh, we don't know how you really come across IRL.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 2:18 pm

Online dating isn't the answer for everyone Smudge.

:roll:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

Wanna know what ticks me off? It's when people like you go, "Will someone help me? Nobody will help me", someone offers their input, and you're like, "But I don't want to take the elevator, I'd rather climb the stairs". You don't even want to look at it, and you get pissed off at people like me for even trying to help you.

And it isn't just online dating, I'm sure you'd be closed off to other ideas too.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 2:54 pm

You can't say that just because I don't feel like one idea is compatible with who I am, that I am closed off to all ideas, that's very dramatic and not true.

Stop harassing me Smudge. We're just different people.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 3:43 pm

Would you like to PM with me? I'd like to help you as best as I can.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 5:56 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Want to go out with me?

Wheesht. I know you're havering