Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2024, 10:36 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Graves Knight wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Confidence.

I have bad anxiety when it comes to driving. I've had a license since I was 18-ish, but actual driving experience? About a good 3 years. Since I now WAH and do little driving, I have a tenacity to dwell on the worst happening.

After being more or less forced (not really, I am willing ofc, but I didn't like it) to drive 3+ hours multiple times to the same place in the span of a couple of weeks, while also driving a HUGE HUGE SUV, I can confidently say that damnnn,,, I DRIVE

I've never liked driving myself... Still don't. I prefer to drive at night or avoiding rush hour.

I've fought the beast of rush hour but for me, driving at night is a nightmare. It's difficult for me to drive at night so I avoid it like the plague.

Is it the concept of driving at night scary or you can't see because it's too dark? If you could choose how to travel that's not a car, what would it be?

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2024, 10:40 pm

babybird wrote:
I'm working on asking people for help

I don't think my difficulty in this area is to do with my Asperger's syndrome....I think its more to do with me being neglected (aw) but it's an area that needs addressing so I'm addressing it

This for me is a big one too. I always have a this in mind everyday: Don't ever have high or even normal expectations for people. They will continue to disappoint you over and over. So I prefer to do everything myself because I don't have to gamble whether or not something gets done by asking someone.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2024, 10:43 pm

BTDT wrote:
I just did this to fix a flat tire. I asked my next door neighbor for help. As a bonus I got the Friends and Family discount! I also talked to the guy who towed me to the repair place. He was nice enough to back the car into the parking spot for me!

I'm glad something good came out from you asking for assistance.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 3:17 am

I'm not doing any more 'self improvement'.
It's time for other people to improve their acceptance skills.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2024, 9:56 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I'm not doing any more 'self improvement'.
It's time for other people to improve their acceptance skills.

I think it would depend on what should or shouldn't being accepted. An example would be is it acceptable for someone to game all day and not do anything to improve their life? (Negative acceptance) People having a different opinion from you and getting along despite it. (Positive acceptance)

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2024, 11:51 pm

I'm not sure where to go with this one.
There are social skills I could still work on, but I mostly got where I wanted to go in life.
I never really learned to ask for help, resulting in me having to learn to do everything myself, and do it myself I did.
I found someone to do things for, built my redoubt, learned to and did a heap of cool things and found a job I considered as giving something back to my country.

After a mental and physical Trainwreck I find myself in need of reinvention. I'm no longer able to give the farm the attention it needs, blew the job (and with it virtually all my social interaction), and the love of my life wants to tear me away from my escape.

In which direction does my self improvement lie?
I would like to employ the skillset I've spent decades developing, but the only place I could conscionably go to do that is Ukraine, and legislation prevents me from doing that.
My partner wants to live near a beach and travel. Tsunamis and tourism don't appeal to me that much, but she got me to my dream and I'm not about to deny hers.

I guess it's back to studying applied hedonism 101.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2024, 2:09 am

Mindfulness
Weight loss
Not looking so much like a German soldier
Spending more time outdoors
Keeping a cleaner place
Cooking my own meals even though I keep eating the same things
Finding a different type of avatar that could end up being my default