I don't know whats wrong with me

Page 8 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:39 am

Quote:
I think we're just living in a very odd social age. I wonder how things will be in 20 years time and how the next generation will get on with dating?

Well....the dating apps may become the standard meetup way in the future - which brings out the ape in us - it is currently an alpha-male world where most of the males are seen unattractive to females, while most females are seen attracted to males (Tinder stats: Women only approve 14% of males, while males approve 50%+ of women, on Okc: 80% of males are seen significantly below average by women - those are real numbers, look them up yourself- please don't argue them nor deny them).

Which means....all these theories that some wp males talk about here and the same theories that bother many WP females here? Like the alpha males theories, and the 80/20 thing...etc ? will become true if dating apps take over, because these things are only true in the online dating world actually. So it will be more women failing to find serious long terms, more bitter women, more bitter single men, more sexy male players taking advantage, more single moms...etc lol

Unless.....more females join and the sex ratio becomes close to 1:1** (which is currently far from that now), then maybe (with great doubts) things would become more modern human-like on dating apps/sites.

**Pickiness is much like greed and related to it, some greed is natural but where there's an abundance of resource, the greed may grow abnormally - since there are way more active males on most dating apps today, the greed/pickiness in women will reach abnormal levels; and the male desperation (from not the top ones) for any female response also grew abnormally there - like animals in captivity :lol: where there might be an imbalance of resources and sex ratio, it is well known and documented that some species behave differently (even different social structure) in captivity.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 3:08 am

I would tend to agree with most of the others, Hurtloam.

You already have a "wall" built up for most guys, because I sense you are focused on some who seem to not respond in kind, but who just might feel like responding in kind, but their shyness precludes this.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 3:24 am

hurtloam wrote:
Just been told this by a female friend

"Put up some walls. Stop falling emotionally and when the right one comes along they will break down the walls if they really want to. And you wont get hurt all the time."

Or they'll think your. It interested and move on. I don't wast my time with distant women as it sounds like harassing them

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 4:39 am

Boo I like your point about greed. I agree with that. People on dating apps are like kids in a sweet shop.

I downloaded tinder to see what it was like and hated it. It just seemed to comodify men. Just photos and photos and photos. No connection.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 4:42 am

hurtloam wrote:
Boo I like your point about greed. I agree with that. People on dating apps are like kids in a sweet shop.

I downloaded tinder to see what it was like and hated it. It just seemed to comodify men. Just photos and photos and photos. No connection.

I guess the alternative to a digital meet market would be to try again to volunteer at various places and wait until somebody comes along [fellow volunteer] that piques your interest, and take your time observing him and how he relates to other women before deciding to try your hand at him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 5:05 am

hurtloam wrote:

For a more accurate analogy:
Men are the candies, the commodity, women are the kids trying to grab the tastiest brands first.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 5:34 am

This seems to be true on dating sites; it's not always true in real life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 6:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

That's my whole point, it is ONLY true on dating sites. In real life bonding happens before a relationship occurs.

But imagine online dating will become the standard medium of meeting up, we would be heading to an ape age - at least mating wise.

sehr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2016, 8:53 am

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

"Put up some walls. Stop falling emotionally and when the right one comes along they will break down the walls if they really want to. And you wont get hurt all the time."

IMHO that will only make things worse. if you harden your heart that only makes it harder for a suitor to melt it. it leads to a colder more solitary life, in general.

It will also lead to pre-screening out all but the most confident/aggressive men - but those might not be the kind you like?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Men are the candies, the commodity, women are the kids trying to grab the tastiest brands first.

Whereas offline the women are candies for only one night then discarded.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

sehr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

IMHO that will only make things worse. if you harden your heart that only makes it harder for a suitor to melt it. it leads to a colder more solitary life, in general.

It will also lead to pre-screening out all but the most confident/aggressive men - but those might not be the kind you like?

Yes, actually that is my fear.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:52 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Whereas offline the women are candies for only one night then discarded.

Maybe in bars - bars environment is similar to Online.

It is actually commonly known that there are more guys than women in the nightlife places, usually they're sausage fests too; like all dating sites.

And basically it's the hottest and the most confident guys (and probably most pride/arrogant) who would be able to approach and attract a woman in one conversation - he has to be too smooth and attractive enough to be able to convince her to bed him from the first one - and such guys would have an abundance of choices......so more prone to greed, more likely to test one after one because they know they can afford it.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 11:05 am

Another thought, if the man also had social and communication challenges...

Are you part of any ASD real life groups and have you ever considered dating a man on the spectrum?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

Amity wrote:

Are you part of any ASD real life groups and have you ever considered dating a man on the spectrum?

Is she desperate enough yet to date men on the spectrum?

We are seriously weird and can't communicate.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Well no it's just out front. People still look for all the requirements they have they just do it discretely offline rather then posting it all for everyone to see online.

What your saying is that guy posting on a kkk forum isn't a racist offline, no he's only like that when he gets online. No people are who they are regardless of if they'll online or not. They just show their true selfs online. Those women with lists of requirements of what makes a real man if met in person will still believe that and still demand that.

That woman who won't date short people isn't going change her mind when meeting a short guy anymore then a guy who won't dat chubbies will date a 300 pound woman he met on a subway.

People are who they are. There's no magical offline world where people aren't judgmental and shallow like they are online.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Amity wrote:

Is she desperate enough yet to date men on the spectrum?

We are seriously weird and can't communicate.

Ah now, no need to be so harsh. Would you say the same about women on the spectrum?

Life is short, if conventional isn't working, maybe try something different.