hi im new i was wondering if someone could help me out.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 3:41 pm

I know what you mean. I was misdiagnosed as having childhood schizophrenia, because the doctor most likely misinterpreted what I was saying to mean delusions and hallucinations. I believed I was schizophrenic for a long time and began changing my mind after researching mental health disorders. I was placed on haldol and some other drug, which I forget the name of, that is supposed to go along with it. This drug made me extremely sensitive to sunlight, feeling horribly drowsy in a way that I can't really explain, and made me extremely bored while feeling like time passed extremely slow. I was about 14, maybe 15, and my parents urged the doctor to take me off. Instead, she said that I had to have it and increased the dosage a bit. Then, my tongue started to hang out of the side of my mouth, and I couldn't really speak other than slurred speech. After that, my parents threatened a lawyer and discontinued the doctor. Luckily so. I came out of all that crap almost overnight.

I'm sorry for what you're feeling. I never had that many medications in my lifetime. I was on Ritalin when very young, and later I was placed on tegretol for rage episodes. Other than that, I was never on any other medications. I was placed in a school for the developmentally disabled, where things became much easier for me. I wouldn't even be where I am now if it wasn't for that. And this school did not want me on medication, remarking that it made me harder to teach.

I would think about a lawyer. Many of the doctors out there only think they know what they're doing.

- Ray M -

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 4:23 pm

i came within a hairs grasp of heaven, i finally went off and my mind started to improve, my genius was coming back and i aquired verbal and motor cordination.

went through a 2 day withdrawel and remedicated. with stuff that makes me feel dumb
its been less then a month with the stuff please tell me its not permanant

Last edited by hyperion on 08 Apr 2006, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 4:24 pm