Should I leave Wrong Planet?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 10:34 am

Just because people dislike your opinions doesn't mean they dislike you. Sure, there will be a few nuts out there who will decide to dislike you because of your opinions, but don't let them get to you. They are overreacting.

I have plenty of strong opinions and at any given time when expressing them, I run the risk of alienating at least half the forum.

Here are some unpopular ones of mine;

I am very much against gun control
For the death penalty
For legalized abortion
For a cure for autism
For the meat industry
For the fur industry
For national health care
Against marijuana laws
Against the "No Child Left Behind" act
For parents rights to spank their children
For parents rights to homeschool if they choose
Against overprotecting and sheltering kids
For gay marriage

Etc.

I've been called all kinds of things because of some of my opinions. I don't care. Just because someone calls me something doesn't make it true.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

Sweet Pea hugsImage

My Sweet Peas and I want you to stay.

Female
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

AnAlias wrote:
Sometimes. Sometimes finding similar opinions is rare. I don't believe it's a requirement to be friends with someone though. I guess you are saying that no one has sought you out to be your friend. Perhaps you should try seeking some of the other people on this forum out. We aspies are shy, you know :wink:. We are generally very welcoming of anyone willing to make the first move on being friends though.

Speak for yourself. I'm massively gregarious and outgoing, I just don't know what I'm doing.

Mishra2012
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2012, 2:06 am

If people disagree that's fine. No one shoukd be trying to convinvce anyone...I have noticed that happens on here...as well as people trying to guilt, belittle poople for their beliefs and/or feelings which shouldn't happen either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 2:43 am

Curiotical wrote:
Would you guys like me to leave? I think that I should. It seems like I spend a lot of my time here arguing with people over my beliefs. Hardly anyone here agrees with my views, despite the fact that I only want what's best for people on the Autism spectrum.

Also, since I've joined, I have made a few enemies but I haven't really made any close friends here.

If I need to find somewhere else to post permanently, so be it.

No dude screw that, keep your account you have as much of a right to post as anyone else here, we don't all agree here but its no reason to delete your account in my opinion. You could probably find other places while remaining here I know of one site but not sure if you'd like it and its rather inactive at times.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 5:24 am

Curiotical wrote:
I just don't think that people here like me. :?

I have seen you a few times but I can't say that I dislike you for having your own opinions. I certainly don't hate you. :)
I'm a person... (I'm pretty sure I am... not certain) I guess it's just about getting to know about you... I don't really recall anything but you can talk about them if you want. ;)
See, now you can make a sort of online buddy system. :)

Furthermore, it isn't up to other people whether you should leave or not. That has to be your own.
A word of advice though, don't leave because some don't agree with your own opinions.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."