Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2013, 3:47 pm

I vividly remember the song sky high playing when it first came out
Feeling disconnected from the world and lonely I guess you first heard it then too?
I just noticed we are the same age, on opposite sides of the world.

Thinking of you and hoping you stick around for many more songs

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

In case you feel ignored, I notice you on here. Please don't go.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2013, 6:38 pm

Please, redrobin62, do not kill yourself. You have been on WP for all of my time here, and your posts have always been thoughtful and clever. Your posts in The Haven have shown that you're a kind, caring person. I and many others would greatly miss your presence here.

If you're lonely, feel free to PM me anytime, and always remember that there are many people here who care about you. :(

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

I understand that you're in a hard place, but I just want you to know that you are a valuable asset to WP. If you kill yourself, you are going to be sorely missed. :(

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 8:29 pm

Thanks everyone for writing and for your concern!

You know why I think about suicide a lot? I've made a serious attempt before and it's always in the back of my mind. I was 30 years old then and my living situation was the same then as it is now. I'm still working as a nurse, still alone, still awkward and hard to meet people, still saying the wrong things and having people judge or ignore me, etc.

I really do know what that man standing on top of the bridge or down on the train tracks is thinking, and that's why I visit WP often - I'm not alone in my despair.

I am on Risperdal for depression so maybe it's time to increase it. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

redrobin, I am so pleased you are here today. I have not spoken to you before, but I have often read your posts, and you seem intelligent and thoughtful.

A lot of us have the same issues as you, being judged, saying the wrong thing, and being awkward. We understand how that feels, and that is why it is so nice to come to WP, to find other people just like us.

I am glad you are here today, increasing your meds seems like a good idea.
Take care,
Moomingirl

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 2:52 am

Good to see you.
What else is going on?
I saw you had a new job, is it okay?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:57 pm

Hi Neilson Wheels. No. I'm far from okay with this new job. It's just the same endless torture like all the other nursing jobs. Seriously, it's the worst possible venue for someone on the spectrum. It's a living hell for anyone of us, but I have to be realistic: go to work or be homeless.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm

CornerPuzzlePieces wrote:
JacktardedJake wrote:
You don't need to do this. It's not worth it. PLEASE DON'T KILL YOURSELF!

Explain to me why there is a fork in the road if you can't use it?

Life is about taking the branch that lets you keep on living, but when you have amassed a tree full of branches you begin to wonder if the trunk is really where you belong after all/.

    Because it's dirty. And probably bent from bean run over. Go get a clean fork.

    If you do suicide successfully you will be out of options. You will never have any other option again, you will be stuck forever with that.

    Also, it can adversely affect your reincarnation application. They can ask you if you've ever committed suicide for up to 7 lifetimes.
    You definitely don't want to come back as an Autistic worm.
    The other worms will never accept you and you cant suicide cuz you got no fingers to shoot a gun, or a brain to shoot,
    And you'd just slime out of a noose and plop on the floor.
    You're only chance would be to get the attn of a fisherman.
    Birds are no help because you'd have to get up so damn early just to get eaten.
    Plus it'd take ya a WEEK to leap out in front of a car, sidewalks are huge for a worm just to get to the street.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 9:49 pm

I hope that your mood improves,it's hard to ride out the bad times.Sometimes it just seems so repetitious,like why bother?It will be the same every day.I get down and wait for the turn around,eventually I know it will go away.Your occupation as a nurse does so much good,you are truly helping others.You make a difference in people's lives.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 10:12 pm

Dearest redrobin62

I've read a number of posts by you and often find them stimulating, insightful, and informative.
I learn valuable things from you.
Is it the height of selfishness on my part to ask you to keep living through whatever crap you've got going on just so I can occasionally glean pearls of wisdom from you?

I feel it IS selfish of me, it would slightly impoverish my life and the lives of -who knows how many -other people.
But it is a price I would willingly pay if it was for your happiness.

Would suicide make you happy? That's not my call. (though I suspect even being an Autistic squirrel wouldn't be true happiness, and heaven forfend if you came back as an Autistic Shrubbery what with ants and aphids and hedge trimmers and cross legged dogs and what-not!)

I hope my point is not too abstract, but I hope you'll think about what it would be like to be a dog wetted bush on a hot day. pew!

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:26 am

Hello Red Robin, sorry to hear that. I can understand your feelings on the job. Personally I'm unable to deal with other people on a regular basis and feel severely limited in what work I can take on.
Have you thought about re-training? Not completely out of the field, something related but with less overload. I know this requires both funding and mental stamina to do, but to be blunt if you leave it any longer then age will be an discriminatory factor. I'm sure you realise this already.
If a medication change will give you a temporary boost then please don't delay in arranging an appointment.
Try to smile more often, please. Best regards, NW.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:34 pm

1401b wrote:
    If you do suicide successfully you will be out of options. You will never have any other option again, you will be stuck forever with that.

    Also, it can adversely affect your reincarnation application. They can ask you if you've ever committed suicide for up to 7 lifetimes.
    You definitely don't want to come back as an Autistic worm.
    The other worms will never accept you and you cant suicide cuz you got no fingers to shoot a gun, or a brain to shoot,
    And you'd just slime out of a noose and plop on the floor.
    You're only chance would be to get the attn of a fisherman.
    Birds are no help because you'd have to get up so damn early just to get eaten.
    Plus it'd take ya a WEEK to leap out in front of a car, sidewalks are huge for a worm just to get to the street.

LOL!! !

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

As for my thoughts on suicide, I don't really see the point of it because although you wouldn't be unhappy anymore, it doesn't mean you would be happier if you did it. Instead you wouldn't even feel nothing...there would be nothing to feel. No sense of anything. No "you" or sense of perception of the world. I'm not sure about religion, if you're into it or not...but if we all had one life each and there wasn't such a thing as heaven or reincarnation - suicide would be the end of the only life you would ever have. Your current life would be the only chance you got to exist and take in the world around you. Once you're dead - completely nothing, not even a sense of relief. To me that's a scary thought.

CornerPuzzlePieces
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

smudge wrote:
As for my thoughts on suicide, I don't really see the point of it because although you wouldn't be unhappy anymore, it doesn't mean you would be happier if you did it. Instead you wouldn't even feel nothing...there would be nothing to feel. No sense of anything. No "you" or sense of perception of the world. I'm not sure about religion, if you're into it or not...but if we all had one life each and there wasn't such a thing as heaven or reincarnation - suicide would be the end of the only life you would ever have. Your current life would be the only chance you got to exist and take in the world around you. Once you're dead - completely nothing, not even a sense of relief. To me that's a scary thought.

If you can still think in those terms, then you're well-off. Go enjoy life while you can!

If you get to the point where nothing seems real anymore because it's all just pain in different forms.. that's the cue to join the club.