Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:37 am

babybird wrote:
Why don't you just stop going on there if it causes you trouble?

My thoughts exactly. But then this is "The Haven", where most people come to vent, not really seeking advice or solutions. They just want a sympathetic ear.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 4:01 am

OP, you can friend me on there if you want. I'm on a good bit and I'll talk to you. I don't chat every time I'm on there though. I have several folks from here on there. If you want to, PM me and I'll give you my FB.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 10:57 am

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
I relate to you, but I do feel like kicking you sometimes. :P

The riding crop not good enough for you or something?

I don't understand. Can you rephrase that please?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

Yuzu wrote:
babybird wrote:
Why don't you just stop going on there if it causes you trouble?

My thoughts exactly. But then this is "The Haven", where most people come to vent, not really seeking advice or solutions. They just want a sympathetic ear.

Why don't I stop studying if I don't like it? If I don't like looking for work, why don't I just stick to benefits? If I can't be bothered to feed the dog, why don't I just skip it?

Life isn't as black and white as that. So many misunderstandings happen between me and others, and I'm sure the same goes for a lot more aspies. It's not always the solution to just drop whatever it is that is upsetting me.

Yes I came here to vent, and it may not appear logical to you, but sometimes in order to get to the bottom of things you have to clear out your head of thoughts, including the illogical ones, in order to solve a problem.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:25 am

Willard wrote:
babybird wrote:
Do aspies delete themselves often?

At least once a day, just to keep the stress level at a minimum. :wink:

:D

Willard wrote:
I have effectively deleted myself from society entirely, though it wasn't really my intention to do such a thorough job of it. It does get rather lonesome sometimes. :|

How did you do that?

Willard wrote:
As for FaceBook, I rarely look into it. Most everybody there posts the most inane, meaningless drivel. Its embarrassing to watch supposed adults whining in front of everybody about their relationship status, or pushing their political views or blathering about mindless social events, or the weather.

:lol: Yeh, that's Facebook alright! I admit I post drivel on there sometimes. If you post something too meaningful/complex, it can kinda scare people/make them back off. That, and I can't be bothered to since most of what I really think goes straight over peoples' heads.

Willard wrote:
My impression is that FB has just about run its course and is rapidly becoming the new MySpace. In another year or two, it will probably be a cyber-ghost-town, as the nitwits flock to Twitter, or whatever the newest fad is. :roll:

I really hope it does. I prefer to be invited out to events via text messages. Facebook asks you for just about every single detail of who you are and it is very privacy invasive. That's half the reason I hate Facebook so much, TBH. But, it's THE way of people asking you out to events, and you can't really ignore it.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

smudge wrote:
Why don't I stop studying if I don't like it? If I don't like looking for work, why don't I just stick to benefits? If I can't be bothered to feed the dog, why don't I just skip it?

If you are comparing it to education, job, and your pet's well being, Facebook must be a very important part of your life. I had no idea. Sorry.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 4:18 am

Yuzu wrote:
smudge wrote:

If you are comparing it to education, job, and your pet's well being, Facebook must be a very important part of your life. I had no idea. Sorry.

It's not just Facebook - it's a tool to your social life, and if you type out a status or reply that's out of sync, it affects your real life. Same if you missed someone's birthday event etc.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 4:57 am

smudge wrote:
I don't understand. Can you rephrase that please?

A riding crop is a kind of whip used in horse riding. It is a popular implement among spankophiles.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 8:35 am

smudge wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
smudge wrote:

It's not just Facebook - it's a tool to your social life, and if you type out a status or reply that's out of sync, it affects your real life. Same if you missed someone's birthday event etc.

Really ? 8O Well, I guess this is one of the benefits which I enjoy because of being a hermit, and not really integrating with the rest of society much.

I can post pretty much any old tosh or bizarre comments to my Facebook wall, and it really doesn't matter because very few of the people who I have as "fakebook friends" even pay the faintest bit of attention to anything which I say.... and those few people who do, are fairly eccentric - and good enough friends to not care (or more likely, join in) if I start posting random stuff about which MTG cards I think are hot stuff (as just one example) , or post drivel about how funny it is when big fat bluebottles fly into the view window face first at full speed, and then fly off kind of squint as though they're concussed or something.

I don't think anybody gives a flying fox fart whether I notice that it's their birthday, and nobody invites me to any birthday events in the first place.
I guess I have a pretty leisurely time on Facebook, really, compared to a lot of people.

I pretty much just use it for keeping up to date with my many interests, easily.... I really like how you can set up sub-newsfeeds.
For example, I have a rather fantastic "Art and Design" sub-newsfeed, which is always crammed with creative and unique things whenever I log onto Facebook.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 8:38 am

Sorry I spoke.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 10:42 am

I am SO happy I don't have a facebook. I will NEVER have one. I don't want people from the past finding me, or some psycho pretending he is a 16 year old girl befriending me (which I would never friend, due to the fact that "she" would be underage, and I am 40 - not much in common. Bah to that. (making fun of facebook) "Oh look! Jenny ate three eggs instead of two today! John is cheating on Sue? WTF?" (censored) to the whole thing. There are more important things to learn about than that stuff. Anyways, I know that others love facebook, and they have the right to enjoy it, but it is not for me.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:10 am

Vectorspace wrote:
What exactly happened?

This:

B = the friend who I fell out with, who has a wife
F = the guy I have a crush on, who is part of B's friendship group

smudge wrote:
Well, I dealt with it (B's status update as detailed below) by being an idiot, and played to his latest way of winding me up...so that I *did* appear insecure and barmy and B all completely innocent. He purposely made a post on Facebook which basically made me out to be:

1) Uninteresting
2) Unwanted
3) That it was very, very obvious I should've understood the above.

B was absolutely nasty, but nobody else could see it because it was based on previous posts between us. I fell right into his trap, and everyone else of course thought I was barmy - there was no other way of seeing it for anyone else because he purposely set it up to look this way.

What's weird though, is that B's been horrible to me before, by mentioning, "Those people with hooked noses...those Arabs" directly implying me, because he knows I have Arab blood. His wife picked on me too by saying she didn't like people who didn't know much about politics (i.e. me) and also commented on my *personal* physical appearance...each time glaring right at me with the "evils". Afterwards when B saw I was upset, he said stuff like he was there for his friends etc. etc. and gave me a hug. He was nice again when I mentioned I was upset on Facebook and he asked me why.

The thing is, as someone outside of that Facebook situation I probably would've spotted B purposely winding her (me) up, because of how he suddenly acted very innocent and "accused" and highlighting one of my weaknesses at the end all as part of his plan. I never want to meet someone like that again.

That's how I saw it all at the time, and I deleted my Facebook account (permanently - yes, you can do it, but that's another topic). The next day I got a blank text message from a guy I really liked - F, and I ignored it because I thought it was a mistake.

A month passed and I texted F and it was apparent he'd deleted my number via some texts between us. When he found out it was me - silence.

A couple of weeks later, I wrote a message to B and F's friends (who I thought were my friends too) by writing out a status that said how I felt and that I wasn't mad at anyone except B and his wife. Then B wrote me out a long message on Facebook in private, which highlighted some mistakes I made. We made up, in other words, and I realised I was unintentionally rude to him before it all happened. That, and the racist remark B made was some quote, apparently.

Anyway, none of his friends accepted my friend requests. I guess it was because I told B at the time that he probably wanked off every time he was mean to someone. Stupid of me? Very.

A few days later, F *did* accept my friend request. I'm pretty sure he doesn't fancy me anymore, though.

I have a big bad habit of being mean to someone when I think they're trying to cut me out. It recently lost me a group of friends, and I just think...I can't deal with people. I can't deal with not knowing where I stand. I'm glad B actually made an effort with me to sort things out between us. But his friends? They haven't given me a chance except one girl who is neutral and the guy I fancy. I don't know if they're mad at me or not though. I always verge on leaving people alone because I don't want to bother them.

What should I do?

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

I don't know much about Facebook, but I haven't heard about that much drama occurring there. Even if B's remark didn't refer to you, he did play games, and so did F (why did he send you a blank text?!). I cannot give you definitive advice what to do, but I can understand that you don't want to participate in those games any more.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:41 pm

Yeh, you're not the only one who thinks they played games. None of their friends saw it, I guess because they're their friends. That's something I've never understood about people - being there for their friends even if their friends are mean to others. I don't even like it when my friends stick by me like that.

I partly see why he did what he did, because of the way I appeared at first. They basically thought I was putting down where they lived, when I wasn't at all. That was a misunderstanding. They even went out of their way to make me comfortable there when I stayed the night, by buying a duvet and an inflatable bed, then I pointed out a few times that it was cold and they thought I was complaining. I see it now that they've pointed it out to me, that I was quite rude to them.

Honestly, even though he did that thing with his status...I don't think I've *ever* had someone explain to me what I've done wrong before, and I've rarely had anyone take the time to compose a proper e-mail to me about it. Maybe someone like that is worth keeping as a friend. As for the others...I dunno. Maybe time will change things. Or maybe pigs will fly, lol.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

Yes, it's hard to interpret such behaviour. Either he is in fact friendly but has a strange sense of humour, or he is putting a lot of effort into fooling you.

I've had some bad experiences with people who seemed nice but turned out not to be, so I'd be careful.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
OP, you can friend me on there if you want. I'm on a good bit and I'll talk to you. I don't chat every time I'm on there though. I have several folks from here on there. If you want to, PM me and I'll give you my FB.

Hey, that is very kind of you. I would accept your offer, however, I don't like the idea of people on here knowing my name. Feel free to send me a PM on here every now and again though. It takes me forever to reply, but I do eventually. Same to Vectorspace. :) Please don't take it personally if I don't reply for weeks though.