Anyone else have anxiety problems

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 5:03 pm

All the time!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2013, 6:15 pm

^ What he said.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2013, 8:49 pm

Yes, generalized anxiety disorder. CBT only goes so far. Meds necessary.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 4:55 pm

I have very, very severe anxiety. I have been diagnosed with both generalized anxiety disorder (severe) and panic disorder. I have other diagnoses as well including the obvious autism, schizoaffective disorder bipolar type and PTSD. I've had the anxiety most of my life. Depression for a long time. Even the schizoaffective for a long time. I don't remember NOT being mentally ill. There were times that the symptoms calmed down for awhile but I still had the disorders. In fact sometimes I go into the hospital. I even went to a special school for mentally ill people. I am just nuts. I guess. I wish so bad that I'm not nuts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm

I have pretty severe anxiety issues, its one of the major reasons I don't have a job.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

I have often had and have anxiety problems. I have lots of anxiety issues around socializing and communication because I don't understand people and they don't understand me and I am a big social klutz. I also get anxiety issues with things regarding a lot of life issues and getting jobs, classes, some tests, and meeting people. I also have anxiety issues related to safety, often having to do with people I have to live with, having a place to stay, having enough money for my basic survival needs.

When life is better, my anxiety often lessens. Like for instance if I have a stable job with enough income to pay all bills and food and gas and everything I need to live, and there isn't someone trying to destroy me, then I have far less anxiety.

Another type of anxiety I have is I hate listening to people argue and fight and get anxiety when I am forced to be around that happening, because I came from a violent family where bickering and fighting happened a lot and I didn't feel safe and often got threatened and sometimes got hurt. The effects of daily bullying in elementary school also gave me a similar exposure to belittling and insulting and lack of safety and getting beat up related anxiety.

Medications don't help me because I don't respond to them correctly, and for me the best thing to that can happen to lessen anxiety is to eliminate problem sources, mainly by having safety, basic needs met, a job that fulfills my basic needs, having housing, minimized conflicts, and minimizing exposure to sensory overloads.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

Like, recently, I had anxiety problems during my time in Hawaii. They have since subsided, and I will be meeting my psychiatrist on Monday or Tuesday about this.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2013, 5:35 am

Yep! Most of the time.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2013, 4:16 pm

Unofficially diagnosed with GAD. If things are not smooth in my life, I'm am a quivering, twitching ball of worry and anxiety. Frequently have mild panic attacks, occasionally have severe ones. Nice to know I'm not the only one affected by this.

Have tried Buspar, Lexapro, and several other antidepressant/antianxiety meds. They actually seem to make it worse. The best thing I can do is keep some low-dose Xanax or Clonopin handy, and take one if I start to go into a panic.

I'm pretty good at hiding it from everyone else, but that just adds to the internal anxiety. Does anyone else experience this, as well?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

08 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Have tried Buspar, Lexapro, and several other antidepressant/antianxiety meds. They actually seem to make it worse. The best thing I can do is keep some low-dose Xanax or Clonopin handy, and take one if I start to go into a panic.
I take a low dose of Clonopin when I'm going out & think I may be on a crowded bus because I feel claustrophobic like when on a bus that's crowded or noisy despite being on Neurontin & Buspar; they help with my OCD & anxiety in general thou. I tried Ativan/Lorazepam but it makes me tired so I only take then if I'll be going to bed & haven't taken Clonopin or plan to take it in a day or so. Have you tried any beta blockers? They can sometimes help with anxiety & the effect works more like a benzopine than an antidepressant

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 4:14 am

Eureka13 wrote:
Unofficially diagnosed with GAD. If things are not smooth in my life, I'm am a quivering, twitching ball of worry and anxiety. Frequently have mild panic attacks, occasionally have severe ones. Nice to know I'm not the only one affected by this.

I'm pretty good at hiding it from everyone else, but that just adds to the internal anxiety. Does anyone else experience this, as well?

Yes. I stick to low dose benzoes, when it becomes too much, - and try to be open about it to others, if they give me the "look". Hiding it doesn´t work anyway. It has taken a bit off the pressure.

Temple Grandin has been helped by antidepressants, she says, - SSRIs.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:13 am

Yes, I do.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I have pretty severe anxiety issues, its one of the major reasons I don't have a job.

The same goes for me.

I'm constantly worried that something is going to go wrong with myself, my parents, my dog, my possessions, etc. Many doctors over the past year have said I am perfectly health for my body functions, it's just in my mind that I think I'm not. My muscles are always tense and when they relax and get tense again I get panicked. I try not to take my emergency panic attack medication too much as I have nearly gotten addicted to it before. In large public areas I tend to get more nervous nowadays than I have before.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

Yes.

I actually have to take medicine for it.

GamerNerd07901
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm

When adults used to tell me to "calm down, take deep breathes and relax" I used to think they were nuts.

did they think that I could possibly just will away my problems?! ! I would get so tense that I used to hyperventilate, talk really fast, stomp, things like that.

As I've gotten older, I have mentally subtracted their advice to "take deep breathes and relax."

calming down is really out of the question. However, I can relax (sort of) let me explain.

mind over matter. I simply stop what I am doing, and mentally override my muscles and body, almost like I am letting the tension drain out. I stop my leg from twitching, my hand from shaking et cetra et cetra

I want to be clear. In my head, I am still flipping out. It is impossible to truly calm down using this technique unless your using it to go to sleep. However, It does help me focus more clearly during a breakdown, and as an added bonus, keeps me from looking like a raging meth addict.

I know it sounds like its hard to do or really stupid to try, but it is as simple as exerting control over your body

What is learning? Its paying attention. its opening yourself up to this great big ball of****that we call life! And whats the worst that could happen? You get bit in the ass! Well let me tell you, My ass looks like hamburger meat,But I can still sit down!