Anyone get to the point that they get sick of WP?

Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

Tequila wrote:
octobertiger wrote:
At times, I find the forum lacks a sense of humour (perhaps due to AS, or perhaps due to people being people), and people do tend to take themselves far too seriously, but that is only my opinion.

There aren't happy people here. There are a lot of intelligent people, and not enough nice ladies 'on the level'.

It's an awful, self-containing bubble of misery, spite and hatred.

Very poetic last line. Me like. Though I think it goes a bit too far?

There's people with problems and issues to deal with. In that way, I think that it's awesome people all all stripes are ready to help out - there is genuine sympathy. However, sometimes things can get a bit heated - and posts can be interpreted that way. I guess not everyone sees even written discussion as I do - let alone the world. Talk about wrong planets within wrong planets!

But what do you mean about nice ladies 'on the level'? WP never set itself up as a dating site, really.

I'm disappointed with the intelligence. The majority of the posters here are probably more intelligent than me, yet they don't seem to be very fluid in thinking at times - yes, I'm sure I'm guilty of that, too. Sometimes I wonder if saying what people want to hear is the way ahead, even if it's sometimes far from helpful.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 1:25 pm

The way I've seen some aspies attack well intentioned but misinformed NT's who've posted on here, I think bringing happiness into this place will take a concerted effort.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm

Tequila wrote:

Oh, yes - that and the fact that a) WP is boring and b) there aren't any local Aspies on here that I could spend time with/drink with/shag/whatever. ;)

I feel the same way, except my life is anything BUT interesting.

I just keep meeting men who seem nice enough, then it find out that they're just being friendly with everyone, or they live miles away, or they slowly cut me off.

And I would love to have a social life where I could really have a laugh with people, instead of hanging out with people who don't get me when I am funny, or who make nasty comments at me that I don't belong. :?

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 2:55 pm

I get sick of WP, but I get sick of everything else too, so it sort of balances out.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 4:24 pm

I get sick of autism tv do you think A Plank will ever define autism in a more" balanced " way? , are all aspie girlies hot model types with high education are they now ?No offense :oops: , it's just been playing on my mind for quite some time now, I wonder if others hold this view ?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 4:31 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
I get sick of autism tv do you think A Plank will ever define autism in a more" balanced " way? , are all aspie girlies hot model types with high education are they now ?No offense :oops: , it's just been playing on my mind for quite some time now, I wonder if others hold this view ?

Ha, true! Maybe he's just showing off.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 4:37 pm

^^^^

thank you a aspie girly here wants to meet me because I'm a 'realist " her words not mine that it was in fact a hurtful racket. It's my fault really I should stay away from now on :oops:

why doesn't he talk about anxiety and "sensory issues" in autism I'm under the impression it's far worse than the nt's who have anxiety , the neurologist described my beta waves as "unusual" for gawds sake :roll:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm

smudge wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

Ha, true! Maybe he's just showing off.[/quote]

I thought persons like us where above that :roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 5:59 pm

smudge wrote:

I just keep meeting men who seem nice enough, then it find out that they're just being friendly with everyone, or they live miles away, or they slowly cut me off.

And I would love to have a social life where I could really have a laugh with people, instead of hanging out with people who don't get me when I am funny, or who make nasty comments at me that I don't belong. :?

Have you tried any autistic groups in London? There should be quite a bit going on where you live.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:06 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:

Have you tried any autistic groups in London? There should be quite a bit going on where you live.

Of course. And they attract people who don't listen to a word you say.

Sigh.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:07 pm

There are days I feel that I'm one of the few happy people here.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:07 pm

smudge wrote:
And they attract people who don't listen to a word you say.

I'm trying to work out if that's pointed or not.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:14 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
And they attract people who don't listen to a word you say.

I'm trying to work out if that's pointed or not.

Sorry, it looks that way, but it isn't. You're actually an excellent listener. But you're too much for me sometimes, and I think you realise I think that...then you back off, then we talk a little again...and it repeats.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:22 pm

smudge wrote:
But you're too much for me sometimes, and I think you realise I think that..

You're best off staying at arm's length, to be quite honest with you. :)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:27 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
But you're too much for me sometimes, and I think you realise I think that..

You're best off staying at arm's length, to be quite honest with you. :)

That probably applies to both sides! :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

smudge wrote:
That probably applies to both sides! :)

Imagine that. We agree - yay!

And they both lived happily ever after...

...seperately. ;)