I attacked my little brother :'(

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm

I agree with everything 12345 says, except that I wouldn't punch a wall: I'd punch a pillow, instead.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 6:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I agree with everything 12345 says, except that I wouldn't punch a wall: I'd punch a pillow, instead.

In my experience, pillows aren't usually around when I'm angry. However, if you can locate a pillow in time, do it! Or maybe if this happens near a couch, punch that instead. The goal is to have no one, including yourself, hurt (if possible).

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 11:10 pm

Kyuubi wrote:
U guys are right I'm sorry.... I guess I just don't know how to control my anger. :(

For real, they make people whose whole job is helping people with anger control. Some of them are even good at it. If your parents are at all helpful, and not anti-therapists, just let them know that you'd like to see someone about it. My guess is they'll be happy to arrange it and relieved you asked. The therapist might ask to talk to them, too, to help them understand you better.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 5:22 pm

tarantella64 wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:
U guys are right I'm sorry.... I guess I just don't know how to control my anger. :(

For real, they make people whose whole job is helping people with anger control. Some of them are even good at it. If your parents are at all helpful, and not anti-therapists, just let them know that you'd like to see someone about it. My guess is they'll be happy to arrange it and relieved you asked. The therapist might ask to talk to them, too, to help them understand you better.

Yeah it is certainly possible to get help with that issue....and given the situation with your mom mentioning calling the cops if it happens again or whatever, I'd think she would be supportive of you instead getting help with the anger instead of having to resort to that.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 10:26 pm

Sometimes, I fear my younger brother because I could never take him in a fight. My sister and I have gotten into verbal fights, but never physical fights.

But just apologize to him, explain that you have issues with anger/whatever, or what the common response here is "Wait until you can leave."

I think I want to leave my family too. I still want to stay in contact with my siblings, but I don't feel the same about my parents. :cry:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 5:39 pm

You are not alone. I used to attack my mother and one of my sisters all the time and mainly because they did not understand me so I got bullied. So I would tell them to shut up or try to tell them to stop but they did not listen. So I would resort to attacking them because I had to win every time.

While I sometimes think about attacking others, I know it's not a win win situation and I never felt good after hitting someone. Plus the victim who is being ugly to you can use that as an opportunity to attack you.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

Yeah, don't threaten people though. I have done it and gotten into so much trouble that I was kicked from school and put in the hospital.

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2014, 8:38 pm

[quote="Kyuubi"]I was doing the recyclables this morning and I was still mad about a fight I had with my parents a couple days ago. I was thinking about what happened and a water bottle fell off the counter. It annoyed me a little and I put the bottle back on the counter. It fell off again so I started yelling to myself just to get out all that pent up frustration. Then my little brother told me to shut up. Now, I'm a person who has, throughout his life, has been repeatedly told to shut up by people and at 17 I'm really sick of it. So I get up and we get into a little grapple fight. He keeps yelling at me to calm down and eventually I let go and take the phone outside to call mom and tell her what happened. She said that she'll be home in a few mins and she told me not to do anything more. I started thinking about what happened and I decided that I didn't care about the punishment and that My brother needed to be taught a lesson. So I went back inside and attacked him again. Thankfully he wasn't bleeding or anything. he said that if I let go he would leave the house. So I let go and he left. A few mins later my mom came home and she apparently found my brother because i heard them talking down stairs. Now i feel really bad and I don't know what to do. This wasn't the first time my anger got the best of me and it interfered with family life but this was the worst. I'm seriously considering killing myself so I'll no longer be a hindrance to the family.[/quote]
honestly, i have no sympathy for you,if your parents are beating you and thats why you did it id say take him and run away in the middle of the night or go to the cops or at the very least try to attack them but nothing you did seems right and I'm not going to pretend like any of what you did was right and I'm not going to pretend like it is just because your one of us. you sound like a abusive drunk who comes home and beats the s**t out of there kid and then docent remember what happened tomorrow and if the kid grows up to be a serial killer or something i think i know who to blame. that said dont kill yourself, go to an institution or family therapy or something, dont kill yourself. a life is a terrible thing to waste. i think if you went and got help and maybe even a family intervention you could get your life back on the right track.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 4:16 am

the-comander wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:
I was doing the recyclables this morning and I was still mad about a fight I had with my parents a couple days ago. I was thinking about what happened and a water bottle fell off the counter. It annoyed me a little and I put the bottle back on the counter. It fell off again so I started yelling to myself just to get out all that pent up frustration. Then my little brother told me to shut up. Now, I'm a person who has, throughout his life, has been repeatedly told to shut up by people and at 17 I'm really sick of it. So I get up and we get into a little grapple fight. He keeps yelling at me to calm down and eventually I let go and take the phone outside to call mom and tell her what happened. She said that she'll be home in a few mins and she told me not to do anything more. I started thinking about what happened and I decided that I didn't care about the punishment and that My brother needed to be taught a lesson. So I went back inside and attacked him again. Thankfully he wasn't bleeding or anything. he said that if I let go he would leave the house. So I let go and he left. A few mins later my mom came home and she apparently found my brother because i heard them talking down stairs. Now i feel really bad and I don't know what to do. This wasn't the first time my anger got the best of me and it interfered with family life but this was the worst. I'm seriously considering killing myself so I'll no longer be a hindrance to the family.

honestly, i have no sympathy for you,if your parents are beating you and thats why you did it id say take him and run away in the middle of the night or go to the cops or at the very least try to attack them but nothing you did seems right and I'm not going to pretend like any of what you did was right and I'm not going to pretend like it is just because your one of us. you sound like a abusive drunk who comes home and beats the sh** out of there kid and then docent remember what happened tomorrow and if the kid grows up to be a serial killer or something i think i know who to blame. that said dont kill yourself, go to an institution or family therapy or something, dont kill yourself. a life is a terrible thing to waste. i think if you went and got help and maybe even a family intervention you could get your life back on the right track.

Mmm...I don't get why you said this. First of all, you said "you sound like a abusive drunk who comes home and beats the sh** out of there kid". Uhm, he is their child, too. The way you worded it makes it seem like, as he probably feels, he really isn't part of his "family".

I've been around enough to know that there are some children who are abused like this and end up copying that behavior with their siblings. I HOPE the OP's parents would help him, but from what he described, I'm not quite sure.

My parents did this to me. My mother literally used to taunt me and make very subtle threats and manipulate me. She would also abuse me all of the time. I hit my sister a lot, and at the age of 3, she also tried to kill me SEVERAL times. I hit my mom in self defense, but it was more like a push. I even contemplated killing my mother in her sleep, and also my sister.

We often say things on the internet that may make us seem like the problem, but we are just venting. The fact the OP came back on here saying that everyone was right and he just can't control himself is a good reason to be sympathetic. It doesn't mean you can't also be sympathetic for his family, but we don't know the family's side. We only know his. The fact that he said his brother deserved it in the heat of the moment doesn't make him the bad person like some people might assume.

Also, at 17, it can be hard to get family therapy. While I know that might be the solution, people are assuming too much. Why are people assuming a 17 year old is even capable of doing this? Plenty of people lack money, don't have insurance, or have parents who don't allow them to see one.

I just think people should take a step back and understand that we still don't know some information. Even if his family is amazing, he truly seems like he can't control himself. Scolding someone and then telling them not to kill themselves seems weird to me if one understands their actions are wrong. Since this is posted in the Haven, we should try to offer support (within reason), not suggesting he might have turned his brother into a sociopath. By the way, if his brother turned out to be a sociopath, I would suggest maybe the OP did have a reason to flip out on him and he wasn't even the cause. Have you met one before? :s

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm

bleh12345 wrote:
the-comander wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:
I was doing the recyclables this morning and I was still mad about a fight I had with my parents a couple days ago. I was thinking about what happened and a water bottle fell off the counter. It annoyed me a little and I put the bottle back on the counter. It fell off again so I started yelling to myself just to get out all that pent up frustration. Then my little brother told me to shut up. Now, I'm a person who has, throughout his life, has been repeatedly told to shut up by people and at 17 I'm really sick of it. So I get up and we get into a little grapple fight. He keeps yelling at me to calm down and eventually I let go and take the phone outside to call mom and tell her what happened. She said that she'll be home in a few mins and she told me not to do anything more. I started thinking about what happened and I decided that I didn't care about the punishment and that My brother needed to be taught a lesson. So I went back inside and attacked him again. Thankfully he wasn't bleeding or anything. he said that if I let go he would leave the house. So I let go and he left. A few mins later my mom came home and she apparently found my brother because i heard them talking down stairs. Now i feel really bad and I don't know what to do. This wasn't the first time my anger got the best of me and it interfered with family life but this was the worst. I'm seriously considering killing myself so I'll no longer be a hindrance to the family.

honestly, i have no sympathy for you,if your parents are beating you and thats why you did it id say take him and run away in the middle of the night or go to the cops or at the very least try to attack them but nothing you did seems right and I'm not going to pretend like any of what you did was right and I'm not going to pretend like it is just because your one of us. you sound like a abusive drunk who comes home and beats the sh** out of there kid and then docent remember what happened tomorrow and if the kid grows up to be a serial killer or something i think i know who to blame. that said dont kill yourself, go to an institution or family therapy or something, dont kill yourself. a life is a terrible thing to waste. i think if you went and got help and maybe even a family intervention you could get your life back on the right track.

Mmm...I don't get why you said this. First of all, you said "you sound like a abusive drunk who comes home and beats the sh** out of there kid". Uhm, he is their child, too. The way you worded it makes it seem like, as he probably feels, he really isn't part of his "family".

I've been around enough to know that there are some children who are abused like this and end up copying that behavior with their siblings. I HOPE the OP's parents would help him, but from what he described, I'm not quite sure.

My parents did this to me. My mother literally used to taunt me and make very subtle threats and manipulate me. She would also abuse me all of the time. I hit my sister a lot, and at the age of 3, she also tried to kill me SEVERAL times. I hit my mom in self defense, but it was more like a push. I even contemplated killing my mother in her sleep, and also my sister.

We often say things on the internet that may make us seem like the problem, but we are just venting. The fact the OP came back on here saying that everyone was right and he just can't control himself is a good reason to be sympathetic. It doesn't mean you can't also be sympathetic for his family, but we don't know the family's side. We only know his. The fact that he said his brother deserved it in the heat of the moment doesn't make him the bad person like some people might assume.

Also, at 17, it can be hard to get family therapy. While I know that might be the solution, people are assuming too much. Why are people assuming a 17 year old is even capable of doing this? Plenty of people lack money, don't have insurance, or have parents who don't allow them to see one.

I just think people should take a step back and understand that we still don't know some information. Even if his family is amazing, he truly seems like he can't control himself. Scolding someone and then telling them not to kill themselves seems weird to me if one understands their actions are wrong. Since this is posted in the Haven, we should try to offer support (within reason), not suggesting he might have turned his brother into a sociopath. By the way, if his brother turned out to be a sociopath, I would suggest maybe the OP did have a reason to flip out on him and he wasn't even the cause. Have you met one before? :s
if he's hurting the kid he's part of the problem.

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2014, 5:09 pm

bleh12345 wrote:
the-comander wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:

if he's hurting the kid he's part of the problem.