Car dead and may lose new job

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 10:23 pm

Have you gone out there and messed with it at all? You could do that and see if you can't fix it.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 11:08 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Have you gone out there and messed with it at all? You could do that and see if you can't fix it.

Not sure how
Plus too much anxiety about it :/

I never could do electrical it's why I took it to the shop.

Like what if I fry it when taking the cap off and it touches metal what if I don't put it back on right and it fires out of order :/

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 11:41 pm

sly279 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Not sure how
Plus too much anxiety about it :/

I never could do electrical it's why I took it to the shop.

Like what if I fry it when taking the cap off and it touches metal what if I don't put it back on right and it fires out of order :/

Don't take the distributor cap off. DO NOT f**k with that. Google the problem and the make of your car and see what fixes there are. If it's f****d as it is then you aren't going to make it worse. You aren't going to get hurt working on it. It's not electrical it's mechanical. Stay away from the fuses and anyway the electrical on a car is piddle. Just stay away from the battery and the terminals. Don't touch that with metal and you will be just fine. Trust me, if it's messed up you might can fix it. It's not rocket science.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com