Day program worker snapped at me today.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 1:21 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
i would be pissed off if someone did this to my car too, next time dont mess with his car

Did what....charge their phone? wow never heard of someone say 'what have you done to my car' over someone charging their phone...and its intresting they let the OP charge their phone multiple times before without saying something just to explode on them. Sounds like a nasty Day Program driver who should be fired.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 1:35 pm

I would say the program guy over-reacted because the battery went dead, and thought it was caused by the phone charging (highly doubtful). People panic when batteries go dead in cars.

But I also believe the other guy should have asked permission before charging the phone in the program guy's car.

crazybunnylady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2016, 2:18 pm

I worked at a day centre for adults with autism for 4 years, support workers are only human and do get stressed but really shouldn't be talking to you like that. Even if you were being really challenging, never mind just charging your phone. I would report him. Don't take it personally, it sounds like this guy was being unreasonable. Yes it sounds like he was having a bad day but still he shouldn't talk to you like that. I've been badly assaulted and on a verge of a meltdown at work but would still never speak to someone I'm supporting in that way.

Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome 15/06/2016

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 12:10 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:
i would be pissed off if someone did this to my car too, next time dont mess with his car

Did what....charge their phone? wow never heard of someone say 'what have you done to my car' over someone charging their phone...and its intresting they let the OP charge their phone multiple times before without saying something just to explode on them. Sounds like a nasty Day Program driver who should be fired.

That's really reaching. Because he yelled one time when his car wouldn't start you decide he's nasty and should be fired? Well damn, I hope you manage to always keep your temper in check and never just snap at somebody like that then.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 1:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would say the program guy over-reacted because the battery went dead, and thought it was caused by the phone charging (highly doubtful). People panic when batteries go dead in cars.

But I also believe the other guy should have asked permission before charging the phone in the program guy's car.

I just don't think someone providing transportation for someone with special needs should threaten or scream at a person they are transporting over such a petty thing. Its not like a dead battery is a life or death situation.

Also if the phone charging was such an issue they should have mentioned it rather than letting them charge their phone multiple times and then randomly blowing up about it because they got a dead battery. Or do you guys think a day program like was described is some kind of recreational activity?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 1:08 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

That's really reaching. Because he yelled one time when his car wouldn't start you decide he's nasty and should be fired? Well damn, I hope you manage to always keep your temper in check and never just snap at somebody like that then.

He threatened to abandon the O.P on the side of the road, and apparently leaves him trapped in the car with windows rolled up...that is why I think that. Also I specified if your providing transportation for a special needs person it's inappropriate to threaten or scream at that person. If someone cannot handle that then they should get a different job. I don't have the responsibility to care for a special needs person for any amount of time....from the sound of it this driver does.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 1:12 am

Very unprofessional conduct, the driver should definitely be reported.