Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

I used to be at work all day or on my way there or back from there. I just quit though because it takes forever to get there and back and some of the other people who work there aren't very nice to the animals.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 11:50 am

Some chores, but mostly my interests. What I spend time doing on any given day varies with what I feel like. My main interests are reading, playing video and solitaire games, and surfing the net, as well as watch the occasional movie and series, so those are the things I spend most of my time doing. I also spend quite a bit of time during the day interacting with family members on and off. I also spend significant amount of time with my own thoughts and daydreams.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 2:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:
My schedule varies, the week before last I worked 4/7 days, last week I worked 5/7 days and this week I'm doing 3/7 days. I'm expecting to have a lot more 5 and possibly 6 day weeks because it will be quite busy during the run up to Christmas.

that is a tough schedule they have you working. most number of 12s in a row I had to work was 4, mostly it was 3. so is this in a factory?

I have similar. I been told that's retail for you.

15 hours this week, 20 next, and 13 next after. Some weeks it'll be 4-8. Last year they had me 38 during holidays. I'm praying that doesn't happen this year. I worked 9 hour shift Christmas Eve.
My days off shift every week. Most weeks I never have two in a row. Next two I do but it's odd. I kinda wonder if they listen to us complain at work.

Working until 9pm and then 8:45 next day sucks too.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm

It depends on the day, but I usually go to work, take naps, surf/read things on the internet, watch TV, work out.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm

My health has pretty much reduced me to a couch potato. Either watching tv or sitting on the toilet, with the occassional break to get something to eat or a doctors appointment.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 3:08 pm

Be on here, watch Youtube, stare at the wall, repeat. :skull:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:10 pm

Talk here, do homework, play video games, draw

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:21 pm

lately, watching the infinitely insipid figures made by raindrops in puddles.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2016, 4:40 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Johs98 wrote:
After all I'm saving up to move out of my parents house and into my own place and that's not exactly cheap so I need all the hours I can get.

That's good that you are planning such a move. It helps you stay motivated to keep going to work, and it's a healthy step for a young person in becoming a full-fledged adult. Hang in there!

Yeah, if anything I'm double motivated, I'd like to get myself a new car too by the end of next year, if I work hard enough then why not.

Last edited by Johs98 on 27 Oct 2016, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2016, 4:42 pm

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:
My schedule varies, the week before last I worked 4/7 days, last week I worked 5/7 days and this week I'm doing 3/7 days. I'm expecting to have a lot more 5 and possibly 6 day weeks because it will be quite busy during the run up to Christmas.

that is a tough schedule they have you working. most number of 12s in a row I had to work was 4, mostly it was 3. so is this in a factory?

I have similar. I been told that's retail for you.

15 hours this week, 20 next, and 13 next after. Some weeks it'll be 4-8. Last year they had me 38 during holidays. I'm praying that doesn't happen this year. I worked 9 hour shift Christmas Eve.
My days off shift every week. Most weeks I never have two in a row. Next two I do but it's odd. I kinda wonder if they listen to us complain at work.

Working until 9pm and then 8:45 next day sucks too.

Yeah, not forgetting being called in on my days off because theyre busy, sometimes with just a few hours notice, it's a bit of a pain in the ass but I'll just have to deal with it

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

When I'm not working, I'm looking for a job----and, reading on here.

When it starts staying cold, I want to start back up with my crocheting (the lap blankets for veterans in wheelchairs, are terribly hot to make), and I want to go-back to crocheting dolls / doll clothes (they're not so hot to make, cuz they're little and you can keep them off of yourself), so I can sell some more at the market, next year.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

I never answered my phone on days-off.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2016, 5:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I wish I hadn't now, when it rings I always answer it just incase it's important.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm

Johs98 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wish I hadn't now, when it rings I always answer it just incase it's important.

that is what caller ID is for. or a least an answering service/machine.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2016, 5:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't really know much about technology, wouldn't have a clue about how any of that stuff worked haha, I've only been called in on one day off in this job so far though so it's not too bad. (In my last one I got called in almost all the time).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 5:39 pm

Johs98 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't really know much about technology, wouldn't have a clue about how any of that stuff worked haha, I've only been called in on one day off in this job so far though so it's not too bad. (In my last one I got called in almost all the time).

I also don't know much about technology, i'm probably the only person here without a smart phone. but I've had answering machines since the 80s, and damned glad of it too!