People stare at me in public

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 8:11 am

Something I get which I can't explain. I get a slight feeling as if I'm on the fringes of having cramp right between the centre of my chest in line with my arms. It is not my heart. It is as if my arms are not quite connected? No idea how to describe it.
I also am clumsy and don't co-ordinate my body that well and appear drunk when I am on the fringes of energy loss (Partial shutdown? Whatever it is!) Walking straight and my balance is effected. Mostly balance. If I am cycling when this happens, I feel like I'm clinging onto the bike rather then riding it. Usually I find a ditch or somewhere out of the way in which I can get out of the way to recover.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 9:27 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Deep Thoughts? Yup, that's me. I didn't use words like consciousness, but that's what I meant and felt.

During my tweens, when some of my peers were attempting to appear intellectual by regurgitating Descartes and Satre at people, I was quite surprised to discover that solipsism had a name and wasn't something that had niggled at them for years whenever they couldn't sleep at night! :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 3:19 pm

I don't get treated like I'm a threat in public. I never get followed by security guards or policemen, and parents seem happy to put their young kids near me or even sit their kids next to me on the bus, which winds me up for some reason. So I definitely don't look like a potential murderer. But people still stare, probably to just judge because maybe they haven't got lives of their own and they're more interested in pointing and laughing at a relatively normal-looking human being going about her daily business than moving on with their own lives. :roll: