You all are just spoiled

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 12:57 am

Ticker wrote:
Good grief kid you have a majpr attitude problemThe minute you stop filling up with anger and start liking yourself is when other people will start liking you and want to hang out with you. You continue to think like you do in your posting and you will stay a miserable ol gus.

This is in the right forum, you know. she is entitled to rant and fling things everywhere giving she is pissed off as hell

FireMinstrel wrote:
And furthermore, where did you get the idea that people should be rewarded for suffering? That's bull.

I believe it's basically like karma; if you do bad 'good' should come to you to even it out; like the idea that if you do 'bad' 'bad' will come back to you via karma...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 4:18 am

Quote:
Everyone that has gone to their prom, and Never gotten punished are a bunch of SPOILED ROTTEN ASSES.

Never been to one so that spoils that.

Quote:
I WISH THE WORST FOR ALL OF YOU

Just be careful what you wish for.

Quote:
SO I CAN HAVE COMPANY IN MY MISERY!! !! !!

Well you'll be happy to know, Mr. Misery's always glad to have some company.

Quote:
Better yet, I'm not even sure if I am able to study abroad now, NOTHING EVER GOES MY WAY,

Welcome to the real world, yeah it was a shock for me too.

Quote:
I was selected as the top 5% in my college for such a prestigious program, now I'm not even sure if I can go because of financila circumstances.

Congrads, the only thing I got selected for was a boring job. As far as financial problems, why not work to make ends me or better yet, get a student loan? That's what I've been having to do...

Quote:
Thats somethings i always wanted, and something I deserve after living in hell with satan himself.

Tell me about it, I'm still in limbo.... :roll:

Quote:
I DESERVE EVERYTHING I WANT AS A RESULT OF MY SUFFERING SENIOR YEAR

And I want my oompa loompa NOW dammit!!

Quote:
if thats my reward, than I shall have it damit!! !

Well as long as you don't go Carry on us. :|

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 4:42 am

^
"""And I want my oompa loompa NOW dammit!!"""

:lol:

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:00 am

princess_1989 wrote:
Everyone that has gone to their prom, and Never gotten punished are a bunch of SPOILED ROTTEN ASSES.

ALL OF YOU ARE SPOILED ROTTEN. All you guys talk about is going to your senior prom, and getting treated like adult.

I WISH THE WORST FOR ALL OF YOU SO I CAN HAVE COMPANY IN MY MISERY!! !! !!

ALL OF YOU WHO WENT/ OR ARE GOING TO SCHOOL FORMALS OR PROMS-- HAVE A BAD TIME (Seriously). I wish everyone in the world had the same probolems as me, it would be funny.

Better yet, I'm not even sure if I am able to study abroad now, NOTHING EVER GOES MY WAY, I was selected as the top 5% in my college for such a prestigious program, now I'm not even sure if I can go because of financila circumstances. Thats somethings i always wanted, and something I deserve after living in hell with satan himself.

I DESERVE EVERYTHING I WANT AS A RESULT OF MY SUFFERING SENIOR YEAR- if thats my reward, than I shall have it damit!! !

lol look at my signature

as you can see its on my list of most hated things altough prom isn't a dradition here(because that doesnt even make sense and it looks boring)

i do have to admid that lots of americans have very wierd and stupid traditions what doesnt even makes sense at all, populair people doesnt exist here its more like who you are and not how rich you are

anyway i know how you feel my life is a complete disaster to really and as far as i know no aspie at all is completely happy btw be happy that your yet another smart aspie unlike me because i have some mental

retardnes stuff thing i dunno how to say it anyway i wish the worst to spoiled people to but what your going to do

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:41 am

Hey, I wanted to study abroad in a country whose folklore was my special interest at the time. Almost got the opportunity despite not having a ton of money. And ended up in a mental institution instead. As it turns out, I don't think I'd have handled being in that country well, and might have run afoul of their psych system when I experienced the pressure of that much change all at once (I was already under too much pressure having to study away from home far above my comprehension level without going to another country). (I later met people who had emigrated just to avoid their psych system, it's that bad there.)

So you never know, something that seems bad at the time, may later turn out to be an avoidance of something worse that you didn't know about at the time. Sort of like if your car went out of control and you crashed by the side of the road, but survived, only to find out that had your car not gone out of control, you'd have hit and probably killed a pedestrian you hadn't even seen. (I can't drive a car, this is just an analogy.)

Life generally doesn't go any particular person's way. But if it did go our way all the time, then we would never get the chance to learn from all the situations thrown at us that we could never possibly have expected or known about. And if all we experienced were good things, we'd never actually know what a good thing meant in comparison to a bad thing. I read a book once where someone said that boredom is really valuable because it made them more interested when interesting things happened. Having real friends means more to me now that I have them, because before having friends, I'd mostly either just not had friends at all, or had bullies trying to convince me they were friends. This has made me appreciate friends more because I know what it means not to have them.

And when it comes to misery... I've always found that feeling bad about feeling bad, feels far worse than just feeling bad. It's recursive. Learning to just feel bad instead of feeling bad about feeling bad, has been worth it for me, because it is so much more straightforward, doesn't feel as bad, and doesn't last as long.

Additionally, it's always freeing in a way when you hit the stage where you realize on a gut level that the world doesn't, and shouldn't, revolve around you. I remember reading a Rose is Rose cartoon where a boy and his guardian angel/imaginary friend were standing in the rain, and the angel said "It rains on the just and unjust alike." The boy said "That's not fair." And the angel said, "It rains on the opinionated too."

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:41 am

But Warsie, if she's wishing pain on all of us, she's doing BAD and therefore would deserve bad things to happen to her.

mysterious_misfit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2008, 7:22 pm

princess_1989 wrote:
Everyone that has gone to their prom, and Never gotten punished are a bunch of SPOILED ROTTEN BRATS.

I went to prom without a date. It was fun. My parents are unaware Aspies who used to beat the crap out of me whenever they got overstimulated, so like at least once a day. I don't see how the two are related.

princess_1989 wrote:
ALL OF YOU WHO WENT/ OR ARE GOING TO SCHOOL FORMALS OR PROMS-- Better yet, I'm not even sure if I am able to study abroad now, NOTHING EVER GOES MY WAY, I was selected as the top 5% in my college for such a prestigious program, now I'm not even sure if I can go because of financila circumstances.

BTDT. My German class took a trip to Germany, but I had no $$$$. :(

princess_1989 wrote:
I DESERVE EVERYTHING I WANT AS A RESULT OF MY SUFFERING SENIOR YEAR- if thats my reward, than I shall have it

I suffered pretty bad my senior year too. I wish getting everything I wanted was as easy as wishing. I don't see how the two are related.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:26 pm

Sounds like the OP never gets asked to proms or formals, maybe one of the guys here can ask her, so she shut up.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

spudnik wrote:
Sounds like the OP never gets asked to proms or formals, maybe one of the guys here can ask her, so she shut up.

No ... apparently, she did something that her mother didn't like, and got "grounded" for it during prom night.

She's just ranting, and has even apologised to several people, so we can let it blow over.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:47 pm

spudnik wrote:

How old is she?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 7:49 pm

greenblue wrote:
spudnik wrote:

How old is she?

Well, according to her profile:

princess_1989 wrote:
All about princess_1989

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Total posts: 73
[0.00% of total / 0.10 posts per day]
Find all posts by princess_1989
Diagnosis: Have Aspergers - Diagnosed
Interests: Autism Research,fashion, traveling, government, economics, Sewing, Acoustic Guitar, modeling
Date of Birth: 18 Dec 1989

So her age would be about 18 and 3/4.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

echokynthei
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2008, 11:29 pm

hi, princess...
i wasn't invited to my prom...either of them. MY mother decided that it was my fault. that she'd looked forward all my life to picking out my prom dress with me, taking all the pictures, etc...and here i had gone and ruined her dream. i did these things just to hurt her. i was an embarrassment. and if i was feeling so "suicidal" why didn't i just go ahead and do it already? when my brother didn't make the basketball team in tenth grade, she beat the hell out of him. now, so far all i know about your mom is that she grounded you on the night of the prom...you know her. this is the smallest tip of the iceberg when it comes to my mom, and i'm not even going to TOUCH the subject of my father. but with what you know of your mom and the bit i've told you of mine-how would you have rather missed your prom, my way or yours?

that said, i think it sucks that your mom grounded you the night of the prom. and it's very hard for people with our neurology to just "let go" of things sometimes. but a sense of perspective can help. it's one night, one night that you had possibly invested far too much of yourself in. and it's past. feel what you feel, but think at the same time. sooner or later you'll strike a balance. don't close your mind to the possibility that it won't always feel this bad.

i wonder if more of what's going on with you isn't the past disappointment joining forces with the possible disappointment of no longer being able to study abroad. try to see that they ARE separate issues. this might help.

and please do yourself a favor and TRY to rid yourself of the notion that you deserve something for suffering. to put it bluntly, you just don't. i can be gentle with you on every point except that, and i put this bluntly as an intended kindness: self-pity is poison, and you're gulping it down in a mislabeled bottle when you say things like: "i deserve good things because of the suffering i've gone through". who's keeping score to note your pain and hand out the morphine? do you REALLY think simply suffering in and of itself is a virtue-and do you really think virtue is rewarded, even were suffering a virtue?

it's all in how you RESPOND to the suffering. suffering doesn't make people better or worse-it can do either, neither or even both. it's all in the response-and there's typically a fair amount of luck involved. the response to suffering provokes a response from the environment, which in turn effects the sufferer in a dizzying variety of potential ways. thus it is the response which CAN bring about what you think of as a "reward"...but it's not a reward, it's change brought about in the person and their circumstances by their response to the suffering and the interplay of that response with their environment and their own subsequent character development...do you see?

if you'd flipped a coin twenty-one times and it came up heads every time, what is the likelihood of it coming up heads on the twenty-second toss? intuitively, many people want to say that it is more likely to come up tails, because it's tails' "turn". false logic. it's 50%. every toss of the coin is a different, discrete event...all other coin tosses prior are irrelevant. you are using the coin toss logic fallacy if you truly believe that having suffered means you're "owed" rewards. does that help?