Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 11:05 pm

Greentea wrote:
But I think in my case it'd be impossible to prove that I always get fired because "there's something in her we don't like"...

That's exactly why I was fired or forced to quit so many jobs -- they didn't like me so they got rid of me. It didn't matter whether I did the job well or not.

Arizona is a "right to work" state, which means that employees are not required to join a union in order to be employed. It also means that either an employer can fire someone without having to state a reason or give notice, and that an employee can quit without having to state a reason or give notice.

In practice, an employer usually finds some "legitimate" reason to fire someone so that they don't get sued. Another practice is subtle harrassment (usually too vague to be proved) intended to get the employee to quit. I've been the victim of both of those on numerous occasions.

Eventually, I was lucky enough to find a job in education where they are more tolerant of people who are different. I also have a boss who took classes on communication styles and sees my Aspie behavior simply as a different way of communicating. However, I had to go through a lot of bad jobs before I found a good one.

I would suggest that you look into moving. You live fairly close to a lot of European countries who will provide you with the basic necessities simply because you are a living, breathing, human being. They also provide job placement services for people with disabilities.

Above all, don't give up. Keep trying.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.