Page 144 of 590 [ 9434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 590  Next

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 9:27 am

I absolutely hate gender roles. I hate how despite how far society has come people still fall back on "Well you're a girl/boy, you have to do X THING AND LIKE THIS BUT NOT THAT", its really pissing me off a lot and making me feel super alienated.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

there is a section of road that it undergoing a major roadworks upgrade on my my way back to my home in the mountains.

this section of road has concrete barricades lining both sides which prevents pedestrians from entering the roadway to cross it.

the rantable aspect about this road is that it has a 3 km stretch of road in a "school zone".
there is no chance that a pedestrian could enter the roadway unless they were suicidal and jumped the barriers, and the school was 1 km down another street which is a local street and that is where they get on the bus.

the 3 km long 40 kph school zone i am forced to obey at that location has absolutely no reason for it's existence.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 9:51 am

NeueZiel wrote:
I absolutely hate gender roles. I hate how despite how far society has come people still fall back on "Well you're a girl/boy, you have to do X THING AND LIKE THIS BUT NOT THAT", its really pissing me off a lot and making me feel super alienated.

I too agree that gender role stereotypes shouldn't be applied to people. You always hear things about equal rights in the work place and such, why not apply the same principles to all aspects of society? If anything, I find people that exceedingly fit their gender stereotype to be quite uninteresting, whether it be overly masculine or feminine. While both are biologically different to a certain extent, we are all equal people and I don't see why people can't apply themselves in whatever way they choose without ridicule.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2012, 1:11 am

I don't play with people who play hard to get. You are 23! This is not cute!

meems
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

I feel so scummy. There is a girl in my shower right now and I've known her for less than a month and I really just wanted sex and I don't know if I can ask her to NOT stay the night. I want to sit alone and drink scotch and read and be self-loathing.

I should clean my pool. Maybe if we could swim I wouldn't have to talk. :(

meems
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

That was surprisingly NOT awkward or difficult.

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2012, 11:30 am

I have a phobia of plastinates (plastinated bodies like the ones in Body Worlds, for those who haven't heard of the term before), but until now it hasn't really bothered me as exhibitions featuring them have stayed away from my city. Then a couple of days ago my Mum told me that one of the exhibitions, "Bodies Revealed", is coming here in a couple of weeks. Ever since then I've felt terrified, and it's only gotten worse since taxis have been spotted featuring pictures of plastinates around the city. I'm going to be enrolling in my second college year in a few days, and I don't know how I'm going to cope walking around the city and seeing plastinated cadavers zooming around the city on the sides of cabs! :( (Although, wording it like that seems to have helped at least slightly due to making me giggle a bit. ;^^ So that's something, at least!)

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 7:19 am

i hate myself. i really do. i can never do anything right or say the right things which is ok but if i am saying the wrong things, the things that make others feel bad instead of just making me look stupid then that is bad and i hate myself for it. i hate me. stupid. im so stupid. stupid stupid stupid. STUPID. i hope the other person is ok.
ret*d.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

Gaaaahhh... tired, cranky and really don't want to be at work. I hate shift work! My body got used to the late shifts and they recently moved me to 7AM. After only 5h sleep 3 days in a row, I'm dying!! 3 coffees and an energy drink but I'm yawning, cranky, forgetful (zero memory when tired!) and less patient with my idiot customers...

HELP!! !!

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2012, 9:07 am

Arrrrrrghhhhhhh~~~ I hate myself to be thinking in total different pattern!! !!
I hate my behaviour always freak others out!! !!
I hate my clumsy reaction on all , and lack of empathy on everything!! !! !

You are sort of neurotypical but shows signs of autism. You probably enjoy intellectual activities more than socializing or maybe you enjoy socializing, but you aren't genius at it. You could be autistic, but may not be.

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2012, 9:10 am

BlueMax wrote:
Gaaaahhh... tired, cranky and really don't want to be at work. I hate shift work! My body got used to the late shifts and they recently moved me to 7AM. After only 5h sleep 3 days in a row, I'm dying!! 3 coffees and an energy drink but I'm yawning, cranky, forgetful (zero memory when tired!) and less patient with my idiot customers...

HELP!! !!

terrible job! 5hour in 3 days is really crazy~ dude!

You are sort of neurotypical but shows signs of autism. You probably enjoy intellectual activities more than socializing or maybe you enjoy socializing, but you aren't genius at it. You could be autistic, but may not be.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

Cfroi wrote:

5h sleep instead of eight, for each of 4 days in a row now. It's not THAT bad! ;)

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2012, 3:42 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Cfroi wrote:

5h sleep instead of eight, for each of 4 days in a row now. It's not THAT bad! ;)

God bless you. I can't imagine how it would like to sleep less than 8 h a day. I just cannot. :wink:

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 6:42 am

my sister has some tumourous growth. i mostly know she's going to be ok but secretly im a little worried. she'll be fine. she's young, younger than me, and healthy. the doctors don't really know yet. this explains the pains she's been having and the vomiting. i bet the results come back and say it's benign.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

Cfroi wrote:
God bless you. I can't imagine how it would like to sleep less than 8 h a day. I just cannot. :wink:

I find that the less sleep I get - the more "Aspie" (spaced-out) I become...

VMSmith wrote:
my sister has some tumourous growth. i mostly know she's going to be ok but secretly im a little worried. she'll be fine. she's young, younger than me, and healthy. the doctors don't really know yet. this explains the pains she's been having and the vomiting. i bet the results come back and say it's benign.

I sure hope so! Prayers and good vibes your way...

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

NOT @#^^@#$% FAIR!! !

I've been speaking to my province's Legal Aid group in regard to the "lawyer" they assigned to me long ago for my divorce and getting my kids back. The guy bulled $750 but didn't do any work at all - NONE. Not one message from him to her lawyer.

He got paid with a false bill claiming 6.8h of work which I'm refusing to pay since he didn't DO ANYTHING. He wasted 9mos of time and made me photocopy a ton of papers for him, then just dropped my case. And I have to pay $750 for it??? Legal Aid just keeps telling me, "tough luck - he says he worked so pay up."

I'm taking this up with the Law Society but I don't expect a social weakling Aspie will stand up well to social master manipulating lawyers. I sure didn't have much luck with the Legal Aid folks after several calls and letters.

Manipulators are the worst people on Earth. :evil: