Dear "You"...From "Me"-Letters Unsent

Page 147 of 312 [ 4980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 312  Next

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 6:40 am

I'm sorry
I love you
couldn't believe in myself enough to think anybody could love me back
couldn't believe in you
can't believe in me

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 6:54 am

syzygyish wrote:
I'm sorry
I love you
couldn't believe in you
can't believe in me

You ok?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 6:12 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
syzygyish wrote:
I'm sorry
I love you
couldn't believe in you
can't believe in me

You ok?

Hi Rachel, yes i'm ok, muddling on in my own way,
you know I get drunk a lot?
Can't even remember her name
maybe she's the everygirl
maybe she's that special girl

I miss her a lot

This curse called Aspiness has cost me a lot

But in the end...?

I ponder that a lot, too,
in gratefull solitude

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 6:07 am

dear me,
i know you're not doing the right course at uni and i know you're sabotaging yourself academically because you hate it so much. you were weak when you let your dad pressure you into it and i hate you for that so much. you shame me.
from me.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 8:29 pm

Dear random redneck in parking lot,

Go ahead and run me over next time. I could use a few thousand bucks in the bank. Oh, I can read lips, and i'm not going to even dignify that with a response because your simple brain could probably not understand it.

The random guy that you seem to think is invisible.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 4:18 am

Dear whoever you are,

I found this online and though you might find it handy. Important parts in bold.

Quote:
Codes and Policies for Research Ethics

Given the importance of ethics for the conduct of research, it should come as no surprise that many different professional associations, government agencies, and universities have adopted specific codes, rules, and policies relating to research ethics. Many government agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Science Foundation (NSF), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) have ethics rules for funded researchers. Other influential research ethics policies include the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors), the Chemist's Code of Conduct (American Chemical Society), Code of Ethics (American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science) Ethical Principles of Psychologists (American Psychological Association), Statements on Ethics and Professional Responsibility (American Anthropological Association), Statement on Professional Ethics (American Association of University Professors), the Nuremberg Code and the Declaration of Helsinki (World Medical Association).

The following is a rough and general summary of some ethical principals that various codes address*:

Honesty: Strive for honesty in all scientific communications. Honestly report data, results, methods and procedures, and publication status. Do not fabricate, falsify, or misrepresent data.Do not deceive colleagues, granting agencies, or the public.

Objectivity: Strive to avoid bias in experimental design, data analysis, data interpretation, peer review, personnel decisions, grant writing, expert testimony, and other aspects of research where objectivity is expected or required. Avoid or minimize bias or self-deception. Disclose personal or financial interests that may affect research.

Integrity: Keep your promises and agreements; act with sincerity; strive for consistency of thought and action.

Carefulness: Avoid careless errors and negligence; carefully and critically examine your own work and the work of your peers. Keep good records of research activities, such as data collection, research design, and correspondence with agencies or journals.

Openness: Share data, results, ideas, tools, resources. Be open to criticism and new ideas.

Respect for Intellectual Property: Honor patents, copyrights, and other forms of intellectual property. Do not use unpublished data, methods, or results without permission. Give credit where credit is due. Give proper acknowledgement or credit for all contributions to research. Never plagiarize.

Confidentiality: Protect confidential communications, such as papers or grants submitted for publication, personnel records, trade or military secrets, and patient records.

Responsible Publication: Publish in order to advance research and scholarship, not to advance just your own career. Avoid wasteful and duplicative publication.

Responsible Mentoring: Help to educate, mentor, and advise students. Promote their welfare and allow them to make their own decisions.

Respect for colleagues: Respect your colleagues and treat them fairly.

Social Responsibility: Strive to promote social good and prevent or mitigate social harms through research, public education, and advocacy.

Non-Discrimination: Avoid discrimination against colleagues or students on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, or other factors that are not related to their scientific competence and integrity.

Competence: Maintain and improve your own professional competence and expertise through lifelong education and learning; take steps to promote competence in science as a whole.

Legality: Know and obey relevant laws and institutional and governmental policies.

Animal Care: Show proper respect and care for animals when using them in research. Do not conduct unnecessary or poorly designed animal experiments.

Human Subjects Protection: When conducting research on human subjects, minimize harms and risks and maximize benefits; respect human dignity, privacy, and autonomy; take special precautions with vulnerable populations; and strive to distribute the benefits and burdens of research fairly.

Thanks,
Ethical member of the public

PS. I think you're gonna fail your postgrad :wink:

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 5:31 am

dear ex best friend.

i think it's better this way.
and it makes me sad even though you betrayed in the worst way possible, i'll still miss you for a long while.
i hope one day you'll be a better person, like you always said you wanted.
i think we both have to be strong.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2011, 7:24 pm

Dear Christine:

I say I love you, and I mean it. But sometimes love means being able to let someone go. I need to focus on my life and just be myself. I keep trying to convince myself that you are the one, but it's not fair to you that I try to make you my only hope for a normal life. You aren't me, and it's not good to think of you that way. After all, you are one of the strongest people I've ever met, so every time I wonder how you are doing, I always remind myself that you will be fine. So who exactly am I worried about here? That's why I need to just be me, and let all that other stuff come naturally. I love you, and I always will, but I'm not in love with you. There is a difference, and although I've crossed that line a couple times, it was a mistake, and I'm sorry I bothered you. I know you just want me to be happy the same way I want you to be happy. So I'm going to do just that.

Love, Matt.

Resented_M
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2011, 3:38 pm

Dear Naomi,

I know I really hurt you and implied that you didn't care about me, but the past few months you've been the best friend I could've hoped for. I really need you to stay in my life, because I don't know how long I would last without you. And, well, if you've decided you hate me and the last wish you'll share with me is a desire to see me dead, I'll oblige you, and be glad for it.

Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 6:40 am

Dear ``,

I love you. Just because I suck at saying it the way it's supposed to be said doesn't mean I don't.

Dear asperger's syndrome,

Go f**k yourself. :evil:

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:52 pm

To the ones it concerns,

Thanks for making my life hell in the past, but I've got over it now, much stronger than I was before, and I've got over you too, so you haven't won, I have.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 1:05 pm

Dear Dr. Early,

It's a shame I never got to see you; you were the most interesting therapist I've ever met. We were going to play chess; I practiced for weeks against a computer. Plus you didn't use all those flurescent lights like Rebecca did. Really, I'd take any therapist at this point, but you were a cool guy. Thanks for being there the 5 minutes I got to hang out with you. Plus you have a REALLY comfortable office.

Dear Stranger Living in a RV,

I saw that your RV has moved out of the parking lot of our local convienence store. Are you okay? Did you perhaps find a real house to live in? Or did you just go on a little trip? I hope that everything is alright. Stay safe!

Dear Kyle,

I am so sorry that you have been raised a spoiled little brat. It's not helping you with your autism whatsoever. I know you won't understand this, partly because of my failure in communication, and your inability to understand things like this. Just know that I DO love you.

Dear Matthew and Alex,

You guys cause me so much pain and so much joy it's stupid. I love you! See you this weekend.

Dear Dr. Frantz,

Hello, how are you? I haven't talked to you lately, but I hope all is well. Keep up the good work; we all knew medical school was going to be a toughy, and here you survived it. You learned enough to get over your own problems and start helping others. You rock, and as much as I hate to admit it, I don't completely hate you. Hopefully we can exchange worthless medical facts sometime soon.

Dear Paul,

Why can't you comprehend the fact that sarcasm is all Japanese for me?! Calm down and get over yourself. Not everyone is just like you. Just because my best friend doesn't have a job doesn't make him a worthless piece of crap. Just because my neighbor likes to hang out occasionally doesn't make her Satan. And just because I like a guy doesn't make him gay. You had NOTHING against him until I told you I had feelings for him.

Dear Mom,

*slaps* WAKE UP.

crouton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 11:37 am

Dear _______

I'm sorry about the problems I've had, and the misery that they've caused you. I promise to try my best in working with a clinical psychologist. You're just unbelievably kind to me, and I desperately want to sort myself out and make our lives easier.

I love you,

crouton

Dessie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Dear mom,

Please slow down for a minute! I really need to talk with you at some point! Very very soon actually. And I'm very afraid of how you're going to react. Please don't make me have to write another letter like this because you didn't believe in me or trust me to know myself better than you do. Because you know what? I do know myself better than you know me.

I know that I should have spoken up for myself better all of those times I was bullied and laughed at. And I should have spoken up to you too. I never wanted you to know how bad things really were because I didn't know what would happen. I didn't want you to know just how awful having to go to school was for me. I didn't want you to know how set apart I was from the other students, how I didn't have a single friend until I made it to high school, and even then they were the worst people I could've chosen to befriend.

I didn't want you to know that I used to make things up when you would ask me what I did during the day and who I hung out with. I never told you about the first boy I liked. Why? Because he found out and wrote me a freaking "love letter" and then got all of his friends to watch when I made a complete ass out of myself at a dance. You don't know about the English teacher I had who used to make us give presentations and who would keep interrupting me over and over everytime: "Look at your audience! Speak up! Stop pausing so much when you speak! Why aren't you saying anything???" while everyone laughed at me.

I never told you that I hated and skipped my Algebra 2 class so much because the teacher would stand in the front of the room and watch and do nothing while the other students threw things at me, came up with as many insults as possible, and made up nasty rumors about me. In all of my years in school I got many bruises you never saw (physical and emotional), I was pushed down steps, spit on, laughed at, gossiped about, used, and humiliated...by students and by teachers. I could go on and on forever here.

Do you know what it's like to have no friends on your side everyday? To try so hard to be liked and be rejected by everyone? For the most part, from age 5 to 18, I've felt very much alone.

You may not know any of those things. But you knew enough. You listened outside my bedroom door while I cried, tried to give me advice, tried to help me keep going, you went and spoke to teachers many many times. But you still don't know it all. If there is one thing I do know, it's that for every tear I cried, you probably cried three because you didn't know how to help me. The walls in this house are thin.

Now those school days are over. I made it to college. Wasn't that the goal? I'm not successful in everything, but I'm doing well enough. Somehow though, even on a campus of 4000 people, I still don't know how to make friends like everyone else. I'm not completely alone anymore, but the people I have around me, I don't think they are people I can confide in. I think I still need that to be you, just for a little longer.

Believe me this time. Just please. If you don't I don't know what to do.

Love always (even when it doesn't show),
Me

Dessie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2011, 2:46 pm

To the idiots who wasted so much time and energy trying to make me miserable:

I just want to say this:

You lost.

You didn't destroy me. You didn't make me less than you are. The bruises you gave me WILL heal.

Chances are you'll all be bullies your whole lives. You'll be the mean ones: the abusers and users and the lost. This doesn't stop me from hoping that you one day feel regret for all of the things you did so meanly and thoughtlessly.

I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" and I hope that when it comes back around you get kicked in the ass. I hope it's so painful and so awful that it takes you to a point only just less than you can bear. Why? Because you deserve to suffer in turn for all of the suffering you caused myself and others.

It's unbelieveable to me that you put so much energy into causing others pain.

I just want to know: Why did you do it? How? Did you feel anything at all? Any shame? Or guilt?

No apology will do. Not ever.

I hope you pay, I hope you hurt:

-The one who never fought back

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 5:17 pm

For a very dear person:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa5nUD0k9XQ&feature=related[/youtube]