Why did God make people with AS?

Page 3 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 6:49 am

KenM wrote:
I don't consider my AS a gift, far from it.

Me neither. It just is whatever it is, and that is that.

KenM wrote:
After working on myself and failing for most of my life, the only reason I can think of me failing at being social all the time is God does not want me to be happy.

After "working on myself" and failing for *all* of my own life, I have simply come to the conclusion I must not have been meant to be like everybody else.

KenM wrote:
So why should I try anymore if I have failed for over 20 years and I keep feeling like the outcast?

I recently had to "give up" on my own biggest desire in life and accept being an outcast in relation to my own family, and I cannot think of any reason to go back to trying. I still want what I had wanted, and I am quite convinced "God" wanted the same, but other people just would not cooperate.

You and I have the same deal, and AS is *not* the problem:

We want to be part of something too shallow to even try to make room for us.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 6:58 am

I suppose the main thing that we have to accept is that life isn't perfect and will never be, for anyone with AS or not. How we deal with the difficulties we are given is ultimately what makes us who we are. I must admit, I haven't dealt with my problems well at all. My expectations are all wrong. It's of no benefit to want life to be plain sailing. It's something that's impossible.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 8:17 am

Blaming God for AS? :roll: That's ridiculous. People are susceptible to "manufacturing defects" like objects in a factory.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 9:15 am

any providential Deity I would worship has surpassed the gender thingie.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 1:37 pm

Why did people make God?

There, fixed the title for ya.

DenzenGrey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Nov 2009, 2:08 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Why did people make God?

There, fixed the title for ya.

Ironic considering you think you can start a sentence with "But". Atheist or just a all round general dumbshit. Who knows? oh wait I know......

His Führer...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezr3dW4J5s&feature=related[/youtube]

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 3:49 pm

too tell the world you messed up my creation and that we are not gonna live in it

you just asked theodicity

the tradtional one
is that the forces of evil are seperate and unequal too the forces of good and man has part to play in it to choose his world

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 4:50 pm

God didn't create us, Mimir did.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 7:06 pm

Well I took down the 2 personal ads I had online up. God must want em to be miserable. I have accepted it, but I do not like it and I know I will most likely kill myself at some point because of the way God made me, he gave me AS so I would be a loser all my life and everyone would see me as a freak. God is an as*hole. I $hit on God.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 10:34 pm

No such thing as god sorry.

Stop using "god" as something to blame.

From how I see it spiritually, YOU chose this life so YOU could learn from it. You'd better start trying unless you want to keep repeating it in all your future lifetimes.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 11:39 pm

"Why did God make people with AS?"

Why did it create our species, period? I just can't think of any actual decent purpose or reason. Whoops. . . .

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 11:46 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
No such thing as god sorry.

Stop using "god" as something to blame.

From how I see it spiritually, YOU chose this life so YOU could learn from it. You'd better start trying unless you want to keep repeating it in all your future lifetimes.

So everyone with serious mental and/or physical disabilities chose their condition prior to their birth? A mentally ret*d person chose to be mentally ret*d? How about a person suffering from a treatment-resistent form of schizophrenia? What exactly do such people learn from these life experiences and how do they learn from them? If people like this commit a murder, most of us would be willing to forgive them of it. That said, admonishments like, "you better start trying unless you want to keep repeating it in all your further lifetimes" certainly don't apply to them right?

What about someone who is not mentally ret*d or schizophrenic who "chose" to commit suicide at 15? Are we prepared to say they just "stopped trying"? Assuming they were not successfully treated...shouldn't we just say that factors within their own unique biology and life experience made the act inevitable?

I don't know...it seems to me that nature and nurture does all our choosing for us. If this ghost in the machine known as "free will" does not emanate from something immaterial (a "soul" or whatever) then where does it arise from? Does it stem from reason? If so....how do we account for the wildly subjective nature of reason? Even people with similar intellectual capacities and life experiences come to vastly different conclusions about any number of things. Wouldn't you say this is also due to subtle, but nonetheless critical, differences in their neurobiology (like executive functioning for one example) and life experiences?

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

19 Nov 2009, 12:21 am

leejosepho wrote:
It is interesting that people either ignorantly or arrogantly presume to blame God when something does not seem right and then turn around and ignorantly or arrogantly presume to take the credit when all is well!

I find it just as ridiculous when religious people give God credit for all that goes well and blame the devil, other people or themselves when things go bad. It is sort of like sucking up to a crappy foreman who steps up to take a bow when things go well and blames the crew when things don't go well. But it really isn't that surprising that some feel such love, some call it terror or Stockholm Syndrome, for a capricious being that will readily toss them in a lake of fire for not smooching his keester.

Last edited by velodog on 19 Nov 2009, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 12:25 am

For those of you who believe in free will, i'd be interested to read some thoughtful rebuttals to this.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... d-not-free

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:22 am

velodog wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
It is interesting that people either ignorantly or arrogantly presume to blame God when something does not seem right and then turn around and ignorantly or arrogantly presume to take the credit when all is well!

I find it just as ridiculous when religious people give God credit for all that goes well and blame the devil, other people or themselves when things go bad. It is sort of like having a crappy foreman who steps up to take a bow when things go well and blames the crew when things don't go well. But it really isn't that surprising that some feel such love, some call it terror or Stockholm Syndrome, for a capricious being that will readily toss them in a lake of fire for not smooching his keester.

Yes.....I wonder who was to blame for the sufferings of animals long before humankind emerged on the scene? Even alot of religious people these days accept evolution and realize there were other life forms in existence billions of years prior to the arrival of Homo sapiens. I guess the Dinosaurs had free will and were capable of sin :roll:

As for your comments about the "Stockholm Syndrome"....consider the following quote from St. Therese.

“Lord if this is how you treat your friends, no wonder you have so many enemies.”

I have a hard time believing any religious person TRULY "loves" god. The whole thing is instilled by rational self-interest....fear on one hand and desire on the other. The carrot of eternal bliss and the stick of eternal damnation.

I know....preaching to the converted here.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

19 Nov 2009, 1:40 am

:thumleft: LMAO Horus I may use some of that ^^^ later.