I want to commit suicide

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 10:49 am

hyperlexian wrote:
there is some excellent advice in this thread. help is out there. it may seem quite horrible at the moment, and people may be treating you badly, but as long as you are alive there is hope for change.

suicide destroys other people (family, acquaintances, childhood teachers, spectators who see you get hit by the train, the train conductor, etc), not just one's own self. it has been 18 months since my mother committed suicide and i will never fully recover. our relationship was broken and we hardly spoke, but that doesn't eliminate the tie that bound us together. she took a part of me when she took her own life.

I'm glad I read this. I was going to strap myself into my hot car and roll up the windows, but I have kids to think about. I can keep on trudging, I guess.

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2012, 4:33 am

Sorry. I can't really give you any advice about your concrete troubles because I'm kind of ignorant about those things, and it seems like other people have pretty much covered it.

I have stared at the tracks and watched the trains go by, thinking, they're not going fast enough. Or looking over the edge and thinking, it's not high enough.
I knew I'd be hurting a lot of people and traumatizing them but I didn't really care because in my mind, I thought, what's the point in worrying about them now when I'll be gone.
That's perhaps the most morbid, selfish thing I've ever thought.

I can only hope that your financial troubles won't last for long.

I'm not going to ask you not to do it because that's selfish of me. I'm not going to say that it can only get better from here because that's optimistic in the most stereotypical form of the word.

But I will tell you that there was only one thing that stopped me from really trying it, and that was the fact that I had the rest of my life to fix things, and I was not going to let myself give up so easily.

BatofZion
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

I'm a coward for not doing it sooner, but any day now, I'll find the balls I left in my mother's womb and blow my brains out where no one will find the body. Merry Christmas.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2012, 10:30 am

If my life hasnt gotten significantly better by the time my mother dies, Ill most likely kill myself that same day. I would never do it while shes still alive as I know it would devestate her, but f**k living like this forever.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

roccoslife wrote:
If my life hasnt gotten significantly better by the time my mother dies, Ill most likely kill myself that same day. I would never do it while shes still alive as I know it would devestate her, but f**k living like this forever.

I don't know what I'm going to do when my mother is gone. I live with her and she supports me financially. Without her I'd end up homeless and starving.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2012, 2:13 am

My dad told me the other day that the time has come to either start paying rent, move out or do work around the house. I do do work around the house, I make sure his fish are fed everyday because he is too busy to take care of them. I have picked weeds in the backyard and I do my neighbours lawn cutting when it needs to be done. I don know what more he wants from me. I keep my room tidy, do my own laundry. I cant afford to pay rent as I only have five thousand dollars and I am currently unemployed. This has gotten me down.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 3:05 am

Disraeli wrote:
My dad told me the other day that the time has come to either start paying rent, move out or do work around the house. I do do work around the house, I make sure his fish are fed everyday because he is too busy to take care of them. I have picked weeds in the backyard and I do my neighbours lawn cutting when it needs to be done. I don know what more he wants from me. I keep my room tidy, do my own laundry. I cant afford to pay rent as I only have five thousand dollars and I am currently unemployed. This has gotten me down.

Ask him what kind of work he means. It may be something simple that would help ease the tension between you.

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2012, 3:11 am

Disraeli wrote:
I am at rock bottom here guys. First, I am not in a great position health wise. I have some dental problem that will be $10,000 plus to be able to fix. I have no job and probably won't get one for a long time given no one wants to hire me. I have no real close friends. No girlfriend. I live at home and fight with my parents all the time. They call me a compulsive liar, and though I do lie sometimes, most of the time I tell the truth. I don't get along with my brother and he calls me a ret*d and sometimes hits me.

I have been thinking about going to the train station. I hear death by subway train is quite popular and a successful way of doing it. The thing is I am afraid it will hurt or worse, my suicide attempt won't be successful. What then? I just want to get out of here.

$10,000 that's a load of sh*t even getting every tooth on a pension won't cost that much or be smart about it make a appointment in Thailand and fly there and live there for 6 months and get it done for halve that, See to easy mate the whole world isn't a greedy cancerous C@*t and move away from negative douchebags even though you where bought up around them and everyone you knew is ret*d they will rip you down to their ret*d level and you end up infected like them.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

since this has turned away from helping the OP into personal rants ill throw mine. If my current plan of action fails ill go ahead and shoot myself. Honestly, its getting very tiring of having to start over. Doing so while homeless isnt going to get me too far either. Its hard enough on me to do it with help, its definitely the best for everyone that i take myself out if this goes south. Which at the moment seems more likely than it working out.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:04 am

While I don't think you should kill yourself, I have to quickly disagree with this.

Kimg0123 wrote:
LookTwice wrote:
Kimg0123 wrote:
it never hurts to try.

Lies. Evil lies.

I don't mean to lie... Getting back to nature and seeing the world is bigger than you are may help. Don't listen to all of the negativity. Love yourself and others will follow.

I used to love myself a whole lot. Not enough to be cocky about it, but no one ever loved me other than my dad. And he's gone now. So I can safely say this isn't always true.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

I wonder if its possible to develop ADD as an adult, because I cannot even think about anything long enough to decide what to do in general. I guess at least I feel like doing things but it doesn't seem to do much good when I cannot decide on a plan of action. Do I follow through with the local mental health center to try and get diagnosed and possibly on SSI? Or should I write some resumes for the places I'd like to work at and/or fill out online applications if possible for part time work? Or should I have myself committed to a psych ward since I'm not well adjusted to society and mentally ill so therefore a potential murderer :roll:? I just cannot seem to decide on anything.

It seems like there are more reasons to kill myself than not to, but the only method I find conceivable for me is an overdose. And by the time that actually starts kicking in I'd have had too much time to think about it.........and probably regret it, call an ambulance and then I'd end up with a hospital bill from hell unless I actually managed to succeed.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I wonder if its possible to develop ADD as an adult, because I cannot even think about anything long enough to decide what to do in general. I guess at least I feel like doing things but it doesn't seem to do much good when I cannot decide on a plan of action. Do I follow through with the local mental health center to try and get diagnosed and possibly on SSI? Or should I write some resumes for the places I'd like to work at and/or fill out online applications if possible for part time work? Or should I have myself committed to a psych ward since I'm not well adjusted to society and mentally ill so therefore a potential murderer :roll:? I just cannot seem to decide on anything.

It seems like there are more reasons to kill myself than not to, but the only method I find conceivable for me is an overdose. And by the time that actually starts kicking in I'd have had too much time to think about it.........and probably regret it, call an ambulance and then I'd end up with a hospital bill from hell unless I actually managed to succeed.

ADD is one of those things like ASD that are a neurological difference and thus do not develop in adulthood. However, there are things that can cause the same effect. Anxiety and depression can cause difficulties concentrating because they hyperfocus the mind on the negative and thus decrease the ability to focus on functional things.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

outofplace wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

ADD is one of those things like ASD that are a neurological difference and thus do not develop in adulthood. However, there are things that can cause the same effect. Anxiety and depression can cause difficulties concentrating because they hyperfocus the mind on the negative and thus decrease the ability to focus on functional things.

True I know you can't develop ADD as an adult...its likely the anxiety, depression and ptsd. I just hate it because it makes me feel stupid when I cannot even make a simple decision let alone one that will more or less determine how my life goes for the next few years. I mean I'm almost 23 and I don't even want a 'birthday' because at the last one I just felt left out anyways. I mean why should I worry about people missing me or wanting to spend more time with me when they don't even bother when given the opportunity....I think I'd feel better if I could just think and act on 'fine be that way, I'll go entertain myself.' But I somehow have also kind of gotten dependent on being around people to have something to do and to try and mask the loneliness I feel.

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2012, 12:41 pm

@OP- do you live in the USA? sounds like a 6 month stay in a buddhist monastery on a work/study program might be a good idea. tons of free places around the country to do internships/seva (service) in exchange for food and housing.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2012, 4:29 pm

me too