Anyone get to the point that they get sick of WP?

Page 3 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

^^^ We are all too much. That's why we are here..

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
That probably applies to both sides! :)

Imagine that. We agree - yay!

And they both lived happily ever after...

...seperately. ;)

Hahaha! :lol:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:10 pm

:lol:
The perfect aspie relationship!

Honestly I do get sick of WP. There are some amazing people here, but they are also the first to refuse to pander to and participate in BS and therefore often post less, mostly PM, or stay in sections of the site where that isn't happening all the time. Or at least do that eventually.

Which is sad because it means we tend to not see much of some of our kindest, most intelligent, wisest and well balanced posters. I've also found it becoming more and more pointless to post my own threads if I have issues - it's much easier to simply PM those people instead (if you have the courage to).

And while I'm here, I'd like to say thank you to tiger. You're making L&D bearable at the moment for me personally.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:30 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
And they attract people who don't listen to a word you say.
I'm trying to work out if that's pointed or not.

well at least you know their the real deal, don't worry I think one of my "friends" is on the spectrum he almost never listens to what I say! when I say "what did I just say" he just laughs and makes a cat noise (*cause he thinks it's funny) he loves cats and is not so found of dogs :wink:

*His also 50 not 15 :roll:

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:34 pm

Kuribo wrote:
octobertiger wrote:
What can be done about this 'black period', then? If anything?

I don't know. As much as we'd all like WP to be an entirely positive environment, it is the most active Autism community and usually the first one people go to. Many of the people who come here will just be learning about Autism, and as such may be confused and/or depressed.

There are a few other problems, such as the repetitive threads in General Autism Discussion that could potentially drive away longtime members, the often very silly questions in the same section, and a particularly annoying clique who could potentially drive people away from posting in Love and Dating. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that last one, would you?

OMG a clique! *fans self* If one is able to be part of a clique, surely that makes one practically an NT?!
:chin: :bounce:
:cheers:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm

smudge wrote:
Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:
And they attract people who don't listen to a word you say.

I'm trying to work out if that's pointed or not.

Sorry, it looks that way, but it isn't. You're actually an excellent listener. But you're too much for me sometimes, and I think you realise I think that...then you back off, then we talk a little again...and it repeats.

I agree he never listens to my pro EU rants, he will never understand England needs the EU more than the EU needs England you can make the same point with Germany/EU yah the Germans (master race)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 7:42 pm

I'm more sick of myself is we are being honest :wink:

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 8:24 pm

I think it is a depressing time of year and this is reflected in WP where a lot of people struggle with SAD and other things. Autism isn't a picnic (although, actually I've always hated picnics,) but it is a good outlet for me.

Tequila, if we lived closer I would have already shagged you. :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

I'm actually starting to get very sick of all the negativity. "Asperger's ruined my life, NT's are horrible, My whole life has sucked, blah blah blah". I'm sick of everyone acting like if you have Asperger's you have no reason to live and people will always hate you and even want you dead, which supposedly isn't long anyway since the average life span of an Aspie is 50 years. I'm almost 40 and had no idea I was middle-aged at 25. :(

Actually I'm more negative and depressed than I've been in a long while. That time of year I guess. And getting into an accident while on the bus yesterday didn't help.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
which supposedly isn't long anyway since the average life span of an Aspie is 50 years. I'm almost 40 and had no idea I was middle-aged at 25. :(.

who came up with that statistic?

lostonearth35 wrote:
Actually I'm more negative and depressed than I've been in a long while. That time of year I guess. And getting into an accident while on the bus yesterday didn't help.

Why did you do that? Is it anything like getting into a car, or a trunk or a swimming pool? I am assuming because you are depressed about it, that it wasn't as fun as it looked. I used to get into a trunk when I was a child, it felt safe until my brother and his friends locked me in. Then I quit getting into trunks. Thankfully this one had holes in the side or I probably would have suffocated. Now I don't like getting into tight spaces unless I have plenty of clearance to either side so I can scoot right out if I start feeling confined.

I'm tired, I'm thinking about getting into bed, covering my head, and pretending my Bonnie is sitting on the covers as I try to roll over, pinning me in and "berfing" about it.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm

have a beer no chance of losing intrest in that is their? :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2013, 10:54 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
... the average life span of an Aspie is 50 years ...

So ... I've been dead for 6 years, right?

:roll: Other WP members are even older.

Please post a link to the source of your claim.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 12:25 am

Is the op crying for attention lets cry in to our beers :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 2:37 am

>>>>> bored with life

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 7:50 am

Fnord wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
... the average life span of an Aspie is 50 years ...

So ... I've been dead for 6 years, right?

So that's the reason for the outfit in your avatar. 8O

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2013, 8:44 am

octobertiger wrote:
What can be done about this 'black period', then? If anything?

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Nothing ever happens unless somebody does it and we are each somebody.

As far as I can tell, life is a terminal condition. There is no fairness inherent in it and being a conscious entity comes with a guarantee of both pain and suffering in abundance. That just comes with being human. Being autistic means being misunderstood and misunderstanding your fellow humans and often getting a little extra dose of pain and suffering from that.

But that's only part of the picture.

All your joys, bliss, excitement, humor, enthusiasm, awe, appreciation, silliness, care, compassion, intimacy, thrill, delight and ecstasy--every good thought, emotion and sensation you've ever experienced is part of the package too.

What can we do? The only thing I can think of is to try a little harder to revel in the good stuff and share the pleasure.

We have strong social conditioning not to brag or show off, and that holds people back, but perhaps we could collectively experiment with a little bit of celebration of all the joys in our lives, our moments of pleasure and satisfaction. If it doesn't come naturally, maybe it would be a positive thing to force it a little. Make this place and our world a little more positive.

I was surprised by the responses on the "where are the successful aspies" thread. It's good to have heard the "I'm here" responses. That was recent and positive, I thought.

I have shared some good personal news over in the parents thread: the IEPs are working well for my kids, my son got A+ across the board in his science classes.

I guess I'll try to keep a little flow of positivity with news of that kind. Maybe if all of us who look for a little positivity provided some, we could slightly lift the negative tone here.

Also, sometimes put the most negative voices on mute. There are always going to be people in tailspin or the middle of a crash. No reason to let that cast a shadow over your world--they will, for the most part, be soaring again another day--if you'll forgive an extended aviation metaphor.