I'm back from jail and a slight heart attack .

Page 3 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 6:20 pm

...Thank you :) !

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm

...Okay...........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 6:58 pm

...I am having REALLY a hard time with this Watsonville Library machine ~ Oh , and that's a subtle way of introducing that I'm in the Netherlands with the Santa Cruz authorities once more ~ as of TODAY ~ new development/s , I mean (Oh , and kraftiekortie , there was both a Batman and Dick Tracy Egghead , I THEENNK...But this was Marvel's pointy-headed one , and this is a condensed one -I said this in the appropriate post but what I said re how bad this machine is...........)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 7:13 pm

...Just as I condensed the Egghead stuff I will leave out the leading-up stuff...But , I really MUST Roger Whittaker " I've got to leave old..." Surf City , my circumstances are Not Goood , although I'd have to hang arou9nd there to sleep until I) can get enough $ to go (need a 2nd set of clothes , time to wash what I'm wearing at the soon to close Homeless Services center , duckie$ for the bus , et....The possibility of my being arrested again must be remembered...I don't have musical instruments now , so I can only panhandle for day to day/food : :oops: )

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm

...Lokk , the jail time , which was originally going to run into the first week of July , then , more or less to-day , as far as what the court decreed on first the first then the second court date , then became an earlier still one , Saturday last week , or tomorrow .
I was in a cell 23-ish hours daily only let out for an hourish in the dayroom/yard (with no official co-ntact with other inmates in that block , likewise the same cell/time out situation) , this being the medical/I still think at least softcore psych wing .
I'd been there during my first 24 hours in 2013 but I ended up being there all the time I was inside this time .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm

...The idea of going back ~ yet again ~ to SF came first from Cock's interest in it , and , then again , when I moved towards the idea of going to SFCC (if there is one specifically of that name) or similar , thinking I could get in soon (There is one particular one of that type in SF that spent the last 1&1/2-ish years getting slated towards having its credentials pulled entirely , finally recently getting its execution warrant pulled , which presumably might not be very picky ~ My , great opinion of myself , eh ? 8O :( )...But , strictly just for that7 , even IF I could get in for Fall '15 , and all the money , etc. , fell into place...Would I be ready ?
And , I would like my toe :cry: to heal first...
Basically , the Hospital-Industrial Complex seems to be bored - or wants to avoid - the idea of my getting any8 rest anywhere , which is what I REALLY need to fix my toe wound :cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

...In what sense/s ???
" People there's general attitudes toward HL folk " ?
The cops' ?
Services available while you're HL ???
Shelter life ?
Availability of " get you back inside " situations ?
If it's number 4 , I rather remember (from reputation , tending to stay away from them myself) SF shelters having a reputation as pretty grim , overcrowded " let's make a date with tuberculosis " coughatoriums if perhaps less treating you as someone to be canned and possibly violent than NYC ones I suppose have a reputation of being...Yes ???

kraftiekortie wrote:
SF seems to be a pretty good place for homeless people.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 3:52 pm

...A non-WP friend (! !) I ran into (! !! !!) to-day , concentrating on the " try to get into a decent hospital to lead me to foot care " again with me suggested Palo Alto (Stanford) - Look , the opinion of me by authorities in Santa Cruz maybe illustrtrates , partly , why it's maybe not so great - or , even then , wasn't great , even before these last couple of days me being banned from the library in SC - to think of getting hospital care here - Too , I am often in this position where being in a hospital puts developments/doing anything/communicating in my life on FULL ABSOLUTE STOP ! :( otherwise as happened with , out of jail , I rushed around all day , and had no computer time , until landing in the hospital ~ If I just had some help in doing things ~ :cry: ~ Even just a working computer/Internet communication when in that position , I could do better then :( .
Thinking of the coming-up 7/4th holiday makes me think " nothing would happen in SF then " - but wouldn't that be thus for PA/S . too ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 3:58 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of:

SF is a big city where you could

1. Get more services

2. Get more anonymity

3. There's a wider variety of homeless people there

4. There's less of a stigma attached to being homeless there.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 3:20 pm

...Well , I'm fixing to head Cool Grey City-ward this night/tom'w anyway , so............Thank you for your concern ! :)
The bus ticket alone will take about 11% of my Tuesday cheack anyhow .
It is wanting to see if getting into CCSF (or a similar instution/school - let's just use " CCSF " to mean any of 'em) for Fall 2015 is possible , and try medical stuff there ~ Though , even as I've had no medical help since Monday of last week , I see myself not getting any medical till :( at least after the Glorious Forth , as I REALLY want to get the " possible CCSF " wheels rolling , the toe remnant is rather icky and there's some pain , if (The Dubliners in my headphones distract me from remembering - uh , neurophathy ! Or similar . Not a whole load of feeling there , so pain isn't very much .) .
If I do try to set up in SF for a while ~ which is going 2B colder than SC , BTW ~ getting some things of convenience might help but that might take considerable upfront payment , and I don't get my SSDI , remember , so even if I wished to " spend the whole month's check " I can't . :x
To start with possible stuff to buy:
A mailbox .
A storage space .

uote="kraftiekortie"]I was thinking more along the lines of:

SF is a big city where you could

1. Get more services

2. Get more anonymity

3. There's a wider variety of homeless people there

4. There's less of a stigma attached to being homeless there.[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm

...More possible buys to try and restart up with in SF , but:
Clothes ~ However , I have sort-of one complete set of clothes , what I am wearing ~ Plus some , but not quite enough (no shirts , at least) for a " temporary/while lau9ndering " set of secondary clothes ~ And , frankly , they're pretty heavy already !
Even entirely second-hand (well , barring underwear/belt/shoes) " new " clothes are kinda expensive ~ And if I do , how to shower before putting them on (Especially see below:) , transfer my stuff to them ~
The Homeless Services Center here which I mentioned as shutting down its drop-in services almost completely (Well , that's how it worked out , anyway .) apparently closed 1&1/4 days-ish earlier than announced , before the end of Monday afternoon rather than an actual full Tuesday of operation so I need not feel guilty I did not make my way up there to shower wash one last time .
(There will be a " Sleep-In " sort of protest in SC July 4th , apparently not a " get arrested " kind of one , pretty respectable , with the retired rabbi dad of a city concilman a co-ordinator .)

Caelum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

So it looks like there are a number of clinics that will serve the homeless in San Francisco.
This link gives general details about the program.
https://www.sfdph.org/dph/comupg/oservi ... sp#WADDELL

This link has locations of all the clinics.
http://www.sfhealthnetwork.org/primary-care-3/

If you do visit, you should also ask if they know of any other services available. I wasn't able to find out much more online. If I have time I'll do some more digging.
Good luck and stay safe.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

...Now , I am rather concentrating on whether , in fact , the only way I may be able to have my toe (remnant - :( ) wound get better is to do some - more extended - time in jail , BEYOND what I've done already8 :( .
Bluntly , enduring this might be the only way I could get enough lie-down time & treatment combined - ESPECIALLY the lie-down time :( - to get better . When I was in joail for 3-ish weeks in 2013 , my right (then-) toe got so-mewhat better on the outside (though it may have been the outside only , it may have been too late to save it as far as the interior infection went by then) , about 40% I'd say , with lovvelly :) new , pink , :) skin and the wound reducing in size - However , after I got out7 and was back to walking regularly homelessly , it went downhill again of course .
In another way , too , after I had the toe amputation in Everett , WA , this January I was denied :cry: the " second act " aftercare I was told that I would get after the " intense " immediate-post operation recovery was over so that I could get my " sea legs " back :( - Getting discharged to ABSOLUTELY NO AFTERCARE WHATSOEVER .
From lo-oo-ong ago , regarding the bad toe(s) , I SAID " If I had an aunt/granny to st7ay with and rest , while getting treatment , I could get better (I thiink) . " .
Needless to say That Did Not Happen :(
Now , the planned (Though I've ended up sort of delaying it .) goingy to SF IS planned , partially , to see if I could get some help from one hospital in particular that was nice in the past (NOT& San Francisco General Hospital however . Seroiou9sly . That place , ULTRA-briefly , is :( WAAY*Y* dangerous .)...but the likelihood that it might turn into just more touching up and the bye-and-here's-some-pills-and-an-appoint7ment seems - Um , probable :( ...........

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm

If I was in California and had a job and an apartment. I would consider letting you stay for a couple weeks or months to get you rest and cleaned up and maybe even get your life somewhat back on track. Too bad I am in Europe and can't offer direct help. What if we did like a fundraiser to buy a small plot of land, build a small home and pay utilities for a year for ASS-P? Pretty much in a way to help those in the community who are worst off. The heat in Cali much be unbearable in the summer when you are homeless.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

Aniihya wrote:
If I was in California and had a job and an apartment. I would consider letting you stay for a couple weeks or months to get you rest and cleaned up and maybe even get your life somewhat back on track. Too bad I am in Europe and can't offer direct help. What if we did like a fundraiser to buy a small plot of land, build a small home and pay utilities for a year for ASS-P? Pretty much in a way to help those in the community who are worst off. The heat in Cali much be unbearable in the summer when you are homeless.

Kickstarter, perhaps? I'd be willing to contribute.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 7:54 am

The problem is that I am not in the US. If we had someone reliable in the area where ASS-P is, we could do it.