Partner going out and getting drunk

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2017, 11:09 am

smudge wrote:
It isn't about him getting drunk, it's the way he treats her as if she's the problem. Look at her other threads.

Understood. Ty. I'll check em out.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2017, 11:24 am

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
But don't allow him to physically abuse you. Because that starts a vicious cycle.

You don't need all the craziness that comes with this sort of relationship.

As far as I know he's not the type to physically abuse. If he does I will give him another chance but then if he does it again, my anxiety instinct will kick in and I will have to tell someone, and flee the relationship because I know that a man can't love a girl if he beats her up, unless he's got Alzheimer's or something where he can't help it.

Everyone has the right to make their own choices and I'm not going to knock you for making yours.
I just want to mention something tho. Reference my bold of your words. You saying that is mildly concerning. I may have misunderstood you tho. If I haven't then...

Don't. If it ever gets physical. No chances. Pls. Just get out.

None of us are in your relationship. You know best what you can tolerate, what is acceptable, or not. How good he is to you, or not.
We each have a different line that must not be crossed.
Familiarity breeds contempt. Oftentimes we allow our partners liberties we would allow no other. Generally speaking.
But if it ever crosses over into the physical. It's done.

I'd suggest that's a universally accepted line that should never be crossed, no matter how tolerant or intolerant you are.

So, whilst I'd be the first in line to say work it out, talk to each other, I'd be just as quick to say if it ever gets physical. Leave.

Just something I thought I'd mention after reading your post.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 11:26 am

boofle wrote:
smudge wrote:
It isn't about him getting drunk, it's the way he treats her as if she's the problem. Look at her other threads.

Did you have to bring up my other thread?
I am not going back to sh***y single life. Yes it's a shame my partner has to like alcohol and won't leave the cigarettes alone, but I am nowhere near as miserable as I was when I was single.

I wish these forums were completely anonymous so that people don't recognise you by your nickname. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 11:37 am

He's a bus driver, just like Ralph Kramden. He had his vices---but he was okay.

Maybe you could become like Alice Kramden---who loved her husband Ralph to death, but didn't take crap from him.

From the show "Honeymooners."

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2017, 11:46 am

How often does this happen?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 11:59 am

Joe90 wrote:
boofle wrote:
smudge wrote:

Did you have to bring up my other thread?
I am not going back to sh***y single life. Yes it's a shame my partner has to like alcohol and won't leave the cigarettes alone, but I am nowhere near as miserable as I was when I was single.

I wish these forums were completely anonymous so that people don't recognise you by your nickname. :roll:

I didn't know the forum rules stated I should do otherwise. My bad.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

alex wrote:
How often does this happen?

Well it's only happened once so far.

I think he feels guilty though. I tried to talk to him about it again last night and he said sorry and gave me a cuddle. I told him that his drunk behaviour was frightening for me, and he was very sorry.

I'm sick of this thread now.