Asperger's and Self-Harm (Self-Mutilation)

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 5:49 am

I dont understand when people tell me I am hurting others whenever I am causing self harm to myself such as hitting myself biting and scratching my arms. :shrug:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:29 am

Yes. I self harm primarily to stop obsessive thought process. Sometimes it is to help the numb feeling of particularly acute periods of depression. This is more connected to my OCD than the Aspergers.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Sep 2012, 4:37 am

Never.......... until this June, when I slit my wrists over anger about how cruel the world was and is to me. That got one my BFF to send me a card of sympathy.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

SailorSaiyan93
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2016, 8:57 pm

While they've always sort of been with me, the urges are very strong now, especially during high stressors. I don't know how to apply the right amount of pressure so I'm not successful yet, yet I'll admit that sometimes a sharpened instrument looks so beautiful and tempting.

Tellus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2016, 6:45 pm

I used to self-harm and I did it for several reasons. I was depressed back then, but I have times outside of depression where I have the urge, so I do believe it could be my AS (or ADHD, if we think about impulsivity)
Some reasons for why I did it would be that I was stressed out because of school, experiencing intense emotions or finding it hard to express them in a better way, or simply I just wanted to have a visible sign that people could see so they'd know that I wasn't okay. Some sort of "fragile, handle with care" warning, almost. I'll have to admit that sometimes I did it for very stupid reasons too.

It felt good and self-mutulation comforted me. It became a coping mechanism. It sort of feels like rain dripping on me. I don't reccomend it though, oddly enough. I haven't properly cut myself in several months now. However, I self-mutulate probably weekly, but it doesn't give me scars at least and I've done it since childhood anyways. Bad habit, I suppose.

:D hope nobody got inspired to try it themselves now. It's not a healthy way to deal with your problems. I understand it though, I do.