Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselling Thread

Page 28 of 47 [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 47  Next

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

syzygyish wrote:
:cry:

I can't help myself
How can i help youse guys?

I think it's more like were helping each other than one person helping a bunch of others. I think this threads more for us to help each other and support/comfort each other in our times of need.

Sweetleaf wrote:
One time I ended up curled up around the toilet with my pants off, my sister and cousin had to get my pants back on and basically drag me out of there because people needed to go to the bathroom. It was my last birthday I believe.

I've had one time when I woke up from passing out went to the bathroom, My Aunt had to go but according to her I got violent and her boyfriend had to beat the living s**t out of me. I think he stomped the side of my head cause that side of my face was numbed when I woke up again. That was the last time I ever drunk vodka or peach schnapps again. I'll still drink Tequila once in a while, but I prefer the beer now.

Sweetleaf wrote:

It really depends on the medication...it is dangerous to take opiates with alcohol, Though, I have taken opiates with alcohol and weed. Mostly vicodin but I had something else the last time I indulged that was quite better than vicodin. I don't get ahold of things like that very often thought but yeah I've combined all three. Its dangerous because they all have sedating CNS depressant effects which can slow things down too much. But if its adderall for instance then it probably does not have the same risk, there may be other risks though. Then with a lot of SSRIs drinking increases drowsiness but I am not sure if its necessarily more dangerous than drinking without unless someone tries driving and falls asleep at the wheel.

I always thought Sedating CNS's and alcohol were dangerous together cause it blocks the receptors in the brain worst than alcohol alone. It's literally like drowning your brain of oxygen right ? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I have limited knowledge on Sedatives and CNS's. All I know is Sedatives blocks and inhibitors add (Or something like that) But yet again I'm totally arrogant when it comes to those :/

Anyone else on the spectrum can drink and see double but still be able to think straight ? Or is it just me ?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

marioLuvs1ups wrote:
syzygyish wrote:
:cry:

I can't help myself
How can i help youse guys?

I think it's more like were helping each other than one person helping a bunch of others. I think this threads more for us to help each other and support/comfort each other in our times of need.

Sweetleaf wrote:
One time I ended up curled up around the toilet with my pants off, my sister and cousin had to get my pants back on and basically drag me out of there because people needed to go to the bathroom. It was my last birthday I believe.

I've had one time when I woke up from passing out went to the bathroom, My Aunt had to go but according to her I got violent and her boyfriend had to beat the living sh** out of me. I think he stomped the side of my head cause that side of my face was numbed when I woke up again. That was the last time I ever drunk vodka or peach schnapps again. I'll still drink Tequila once in a while, but I prefer the beer now.

Sweetleaf wrote:

It really depends on the medication...it is dangerous to take opiates with alcohol, Though, I have taken opiates with alcohol and weed. Mostly vicodin but I had something else the last time I indulged that was quite better than vicodin. I don't get ahold of things like that very often thought but yeah I've combined all three. Its dangerous because they all have sedating CNS depressant effects which can slow things down too much. But if its adderall for instance then it probably does not have the same risk, there may be other risks though. Then with a lot of SSRIs drinking increases drowsiness but I am not sure if its necessarily more dangerous than drinking without unless someone tries driving and falls asleep at the wheel.

I always thought Sedating CNS's and alcohol were dangerous together cause it blocks the receptors in the brain worst than alcohol alone. It's literally like drowning your brain of oxygen right ? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I have limited knowledge on Sedatives and CNS's. All I know is Sedatives blocks and inhibitors add (Or something like that) But yet again I'm totally arrogant when it comes to those :/

Anyone else on the spectrum can drink and see double but still be able to think straight ? Or is it just me ?

That is how I am I can be so drunk everythings all blurry and such but still be clear minded. And that does not sound like fun, I've never really gotten violent on alcohol.

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 1:05 pm

Oh I though I was the only one....

It also helps to close an eye when I get to the point of stumbling around.

I think the violence has to do with the fact that I'd sometimes want to beat the living s**t out of her :(

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

marioLuvs1ups wrote:
Oh I though I was the only one....

It also helps to close an eye when I get to the point of stumbling around.

I think the violence has to do with the fact that I'd sometimes want to beat the living sh** out of her :(

I can be violent if my PTSD gets set off, which I don't like as I am not really a violent person, mostly happens when i am sober, as being drunk or stoned makes me less aware of triggers or at least makes them not effect me as much.

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I can be violent if my PTSD gets set off, which I don't like as I am not really a violent person, mostly happens when i am sober, as being drunk or stoned makes me less aware of triggers or at least makes them not effect me as much.

Usually when I drink, Sounds that set off my Input/Output disorder don't really bother me that much. It's the same when I'm high too. Most of my PTSD comes from my mother's past boyfriends. That's probably one of the reasons I drink in the first place.

Yeah I'm generally what you would call a sweetheart. I dislike violence and would only fight back if I have to. Other than that I'm really nice and gentle

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

Another night alcohol free trying different things to sleep to no avail. Diazepam to keep from having delirium tremens seizures and withdraw. Chloral Hydrate that was supposed to sedate me but haven't worked at all. This is hard to handle but I must. I think that its harder because I haven't shared whats going on with family they knew id drink to sleep but I don't think they knew how much I would drink to sleep. Embarrassed that self "medication" turned to addiction.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

Another night dry going a little better :)

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2012, 11:06 am

feeling awful really ,would sell my soul for some weed or wine right now... want to get f****d up .but i know its not going to help me feel any better....jesus christ why am i such a scew up?????

what do you guys do instead of achool/drugs when you need a to forget?

R xx <3

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2012, 11:09 am

jhonny77 well done on another dry night :) x

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

Roxy1989 wrote:
feeling awful really ,would sell my soul for some weed or wine right now... want to get f**** up .but i know its not going to help me feel any better....jesus christ why am i such a scew up?????

what do you guys do instead of achool/drugs when you need a to forget?

R xx <3

Just wondering, and I know this probably won't help in anyways but, Do you have any hobbies ? I usually just Game ROM hack with hacking utilities.

The thing is if you can find something fun to take your mind off of drugs and alcohol it helps.
Don't feel bad, I was 8 months sober before I got back into drugs/alcohol, I'm probably one week sober tomorrow. Well we could always suffer together......

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

Roxy1989 wrote:
jhonny77 well done on another dry night :) x

Thank you its realy the sleep I miss the most.

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

20 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

thanks for your help guys, your welcome to pm me anytime you need help too
R <3 xx

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

20 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

I wanna be drunk when I wake up

On the right side of the wrong bed
And every excuse I made up
Tell you the truth I hate
What didn't kill me
It never made me stronger at all.
Love will scar your make-up lip sticks to me
So now I'll maybe leave back there
I'm sat here wishing I was sober
I know I'll never hold you like I used to.

But our house gets cold when you cut the heating
Without you to hold I'll be freezing
Can't rely on my heart to beat it
'Cause you take part of it every evening
Take words out of my mouth just from breathing
Replace with phrases like when you're leaving me.

Should I, should I?
Maybe I'll get drunk again
I'll be drunk again
I'll be drunk again
To feel a little love
I wanna hold your heart in both hands
I'll watch it fizzle at the bottom of a Coke can
And I've got no plans for the weekend
So shall we speak then
Keep it between friends
Though I know you'll never love me like you used to.

There maybe other people like us
You see the flicker of the clip when they light up
Flames just create us, burns don't heal like before
You don't hold me anymore.

On cold days Coldplay's out like the band's the name
I know I can't heal things with a hand shake
You know I can't change as I began saying
You cut me wide open like landscape
Open bottles of beer but never champagne
We'll applaud you with the sound that my hands make.

Should I, should I?
Maybe I'll get drunk again
I'll be drunk again
I'll be drunk again
To feel a little love.

All by myself
I'm here again
All by myself
You know I'll never change
All by myself
All by myself
I'm just drunk again
I'll be drunk again
I'll be drunk again
To feel a little love

Those are the lyrics to Ed shereens song "drunk"
its comforting to know im not the only one who feels like that ,its amazing how one song can explian the feelings of so many people

stay strong , i love you all

R xx <3

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

johnny77 wrote:
Another night alcohol free trying different things to sleep to no avail. Diazepam to keep from having delirium tremens seizures and withdraw. Chloral Hydrate that was supposed to sedate me but haven't worked at all. This is hard to handle but I must. I think that its harder because I haven't shared whats going on with family they knew id drink to sleep but I don't think they knew how much I would drink to sleep. Embarrassed that self "medication" turned to addiction.

Make sure the amount of Diazepam is going down, no up. A benzo addiction is worse than alcohol in some ways. Good luck, the first few weeks are hell but it gets better quickly after that.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

Gnonymouse wrote:
Make sure the amount of Diazepam is going down, no up. A benzo addiction is worse than alcohol in some ways. Good luck, the first few weeks are hell but it gets better quickly after that.

The Dr. has wrote the Rx so that tapers off by the third week. Still dry with more of a habit urge than an addiction urge to drink as It was my last ditch effort to sleep most the time. With out less sleep 1-2 hours instead of 2-4 per night that the booze would gain me. At least the Chloral Hydratestarted working getting 4 hours a night at lest till the Rx is done.
Thanks for the support so far And I"m hear to lend a "hand or an ear" when needed.

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

I went through the less than 1 hour sleep a night for a week withdrawal. It is hell when combined with all the other symptoms. It's good you did it with a Dr. to prescribe benzos to avoid seizures. After the Rx if you can't sleep, don't drink but ask the Dr. about a long-term solution. If you really are committed to it, you can avoid a relapse, just never keep alcohol in your house is my advice. Hope your recovery goes quickly!