Page 4 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 12:53 pm

apparently in the UK the average size is a 16.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:01 pm

emlion wrote:
apparently in the UK the average size is a 16.
You're skinnier than most of Canada as well.

And just saying as a guy, that's not bad at all. :D

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:05 pm

personally, i don't think the weight is what makes someone attractive/unnattractive in that way.
it's how they wear the weight.
if someone bigger dresses really nicely, they'll look so attractive, but if they dress in skinny girl clothes they won't.
that's if we're going off weight alone, that is.

then again, if someone judges a potential partner JUST off their weight, they're not worth it anyway!

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

Personality is a much bigger factor, I'll add. You can have an attractive woman, but if she is an absolutely horrible person, she's not going to get anything from a relationship beyond sex. But as for a woman who has an amazing personality, she's going to get both sex and a deep and loving relationship. :D

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

I know you guys are bringing up good points but I still can't see myself as being happy if I stay a size 18, which is f*****g huge. D:

Not to mention whenever I go home, my weight is constantly being talked about. "You're so young to be so fat." "Oh I wish you could get skinny so you can have a good boyfriend" and variations of those two comments. That's probably one of the reasons I'm so miserable at home. I'm under scrutiny for my religious and political beliefs and how I look and it's all because, "we want what's best for you." Uh huh. You want me to be skinny? Pay for the f*****g surgery yourselves. :/

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:38 pm

Oh, tell them to shut up. If they want what's best for you, they'll compliment you instead of trying to make you feel bad.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Oh, tell them to shut up. If they want what's best for you, they'll compliment you instead of trying to make you feel bad.

Yeah but they're Christians so they don't know how to do that. :roll:

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:44 pm

Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

So is my mom and she's an amazing person. :\

I really hate people who are like, "Hey, I'm a christian, I'm a good person!" only to turn around and discriminate against someone. And people wonder why I'm agnostic.

Don't listen to them, you're okay as you are.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:49 pm

Erisad wrote:
I know you guys are bringing up good points but I still can't see myself as being happy if I stay a size 18, which is f***ing huge. D:

Not to mention whenever I go home, my weight is constantly being talked about. "You're so young to be so fat." "Oh I wish you could get skinny so you can have a good boyfriend" and variations of those two comments. That's probably one of the reasons I'm so miserable at home. I'm under scrutiny for my religious and political beliefs and how I look and it's all because, "we want what's best for you." Uh huh. You want me to be skinny? Pay for the f***ing surgery yourselves. :/

Your folks sound controlling. That's BAD! You need to do what you want and give them the finger. Once I proved to my folks that I wouldn't be their little baby forever, they stopped treating me like a little baby. Some guys like big hips, BTW. Big hips in many cultures were seen as a sign of a fertile and thus desirable woman. USA is really weird, we see sickly women as desirable and healthy (aka "fat") women as undesirable. For most of human history it was the opposite. Anorexia is definitely a disease of modern industrialism.

You may be anemic (iron deficient). Women lose blood in menstruating and thus are iron deficient in their maximum period of fertility. I take NSI Ferrochel from vitacost.com. I also take NSI's Magnesium Ultra to counteract the constipating effects of the iron. Once you get your iron deficiency taken care of, you'll sleep better and your mood will moderate. I'm a guy, and guys usually don't have anemia, I inherited it. Most women in their early 20s are anemic due to menstrual blood loss. Also, once you get some iron in your system you will lose weight since you won't be craving sugar.

It sounds like your ex has thin skin, and he's a mamma's boy. He is led around my mom, which is bad. It also sounds like he was self-conscious because he couldn't make you orgasm. Technique, technique, technique. In some cultures experienced older women teach the young bucks how to please a woman. In America we call that "statutory rape". So there are millions of men wandering around without a sexual clue. Get one and it's dull city for her.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:49 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

So is my mom and she's an amazing person. :\

I really hate people who are like, "Hey, I'm a christian, I'm a good person!" only to turn around and discriminate against someone. And people wonder why I'm agnostic.

Yeah. I'm almost an atheist at this point. I want to believe that there's a god but with the s**t that happens in the world, that makes it difficult. I'm more of a Deist. I believe that God was there in the beginning but he was tired of humans not listening to him so he left. It makes sense to me. I would have left too.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:50 pm

silly religion causing so many problems. >.<

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

I just don't care about that stuff. :D

If I go to hell or whatever for having a happy life, then so be it. :\

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

Erisad wrote:
My boyfriend broke up with me on Monday. His mother wrecked our relationship just because she didn't like me. :( He's 24. I was never able to orgasm, even on my own. I try but I get nowhere. He was able to get me close and then the feeling vanishes. >.<

My mother tried teaching me and gave up saying that she can't handle it. She says she is looking into sending me to driving school after I graduate but I doubt it. She'll keep me at home as long as possible. I don't know what my loans are exactly but all I know is that it's a lot and I'll probably be paying them back all my life. D:

Live where? I have nowhere to go. Without a job I can't find a place to stay. I kinda need one before the other. My mom says I'm not allowed to move until a year after I have a job. "It's just unreasonable for you to leave right after school!" She just wants me to herself. Greedy b***h. :/

You are better off without this guy, you know that? Mamma's boy, and a dud in bed. Sheesh.

It sounds like your mom is trying to keep you her little baby forever. My parents pulled the same crap, and I told them to stuff it. They finally got the message, although now that I'm living on their property again they're slipping back into their old ways. :roll: You need to get some courage, and find a job far away, and go there, and never look back. Your mom will pull this for the rest of your life unless YOU stop her. Standing up for ourselves is not easy for aspies, but we need to, especially when it's Mom.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:59 pm

Huh, I always thought that anemic was a synonym for "always sick." And since I'm rarely ill, I never looked into it. I found a list of foods high in iron.

1. Cereals & Grains: barley (Bajra), Rice flakes
2. Pulses & Beans: Cow pea, Lobia (black-eye beans), Lentils, Soybean
3. Vegetables: Beetroot greens, Mint, Parsley, Turnip greens.
Vegetables like broccoli and bok choy are rich in iron. These vegetables are high iron and also high in vitamin C, which increases absorption of their iron content. The presence of vitamin C in these vegetables help absorb iron.
4. Sea vegetables are very high in iron. Refer the high iron food list given below.
5. Spices: Turmeric (Haldi)
6. Fruits: Dried dates, Watermelon, Raisins
7. Fish and Red meats
8. Iron in Animal Sources Heme Iron

No wonder I have an iron deficiency, I've been eating mostly grilled chicken, oatmeal and booze for the past month. D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 2:02 pm

pezar wrote:
Erisad wrote:
My boyfriend broke up with me on Monday. His mother wrecked our relationship just because she didn't like me. :( He's 24. I was never able to orgasm, even on my own. I try but I get nowhere. He was able to get me close and then the feeling vanishes. >.<

My mother tried teaching me and gave up saying that she can't handle it. She says she is looking into sending me to driving school after I graduate but I doubt it. She'll keep me at home as long as possible. I don't know what my loans are exactly but all I know is that it's a lot and I'll probably be paying them back all my life. D:

Live where? I have nowhere to go. Without a job I can't find a place to stay. I kinda need one before the other. My mom says I'm not allowed to move until a year after I have a job. "It's just unreasonable for you to leave right after school!" She just wants me to herself. Greedy b***h. :/

You are better off without this guy, you know that? Mamma's boy, and a dud in bed. Sheesh.

It sounds like your mom is trying to keep you her little baby forever. My parents pulled the same crap, and I told them to stuff it. They finally got the message, although now that I'm living on their property again they're slipping back into their old ways. :roll: You need to get some courage, and find a job far away, and go there, and never look back. Your mom will pull this for the rest of your life unless YOU stop her. Standing up for ourselves is not easy for aspies, but we need to, especially when it's Mom.

But I can't afford to move! I have no money and lots of debt to pay off in college loans. I can't do it. I can't afford it. >.<

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 2:08 pm

I think you may just have to stay strong until you can. :\ And when you can, oh sweet freedom. I'm not mature enough for it, myself.

If you need someone to rant to, WP is always open. :D