I don't know whats wrong with me

Page 4 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 11:20 am

I don't want to be alive anymore, but I have to be for my family. I wish I could just not ever wake up again

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 12:59 pm

I'm just not good enough for anyone and I never will be. No one has ever wanted me and no one ever will and I don't want that life. I don't want to be alone. Why did my life turn out like this? What is so wrongwith me?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 1:37 pm

I dunno if you can relate to this or similar...

but for me, what is wrong with me is that: nothing was right about me since my day 1 in life - my childhood and teen phase was all wrong : socially, love, not fitting in...everything - so....sadly, of course I would end up as an incomplete adult.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 2:08 pm

How would you like for someone to try and help you figure this out? Don't just allow yourself to fall into a hole over it and not try to find a way out. You'll just waste even more time that way.

Do you actively involve yourself in trying to find people? Are you just waiting for people to come to you? What are you trying?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

I wish you wouldn't cry, Hurtloam.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 2:55 pm

I'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow and go back on antidepressants. I think that I need to climb out of the hole first before I can move on.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 3:01 pm

beakybird wrote:
How would you like for someone to try and help you figure this out? Don't just allow yourself to fall into a hole over it and not try to find a way out. You'll just waste even more time that way.

Do you actively involve yourself in trying to find people? Are you just waiting for people to come to you? What are you trying?

I've tried both. When I was younger I was more confident and would just go for it and ask guys out. That didn't work.

Other women told me that if a guy likes you. You just know and he will make the effort for you if he really wants you.

So I tried being more demure and waiting for them to come to me. But that didn't work either.

Now I've lost my confidence. So I wouldn't say I'm actively trying now. I don't have the guts to just go up and talk to someone and introduce myself now.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 11:02 pm

The thing that frustrates me is that even one tint mistake can completely ruin the beginning of what could be a relationship.

No wonder I have anxiety when no one is willing to accept me for who I am.

It's always mix ups or just misfortune. I arrange to meet up with a guy, but I get ill, transport fails etc and I don't get second chances.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 11:08 pm

Mod note:

Following a reported post here for being out of place, please remember when posting here that The Haven primarily exists for help and support. General banter is better located in Random. Peace.

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2016, 4:25 am

hurtloam wrote:
The thing that frustrates me is that even one tint mistake can completely ruin the beginning of what could be a relationship.

No wonder I have anxiety when no one is willing to accept me for who I am.

It's always mix ups or just misfortune. I arrange to meet up with a guy, but I get ill, transport fails etc and I don't get second chances.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, hugs.

Do you have/receive any kind of irl support, professional or otherwise?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 4:36 am

I habe my sister and a couple of close friends, but I feel like I'm just bringing them down. So I vent here so that I don't drag them down.

I could reach out to a church pastor, but I feel like I'm not good at expressing myself in person and I'm too close to them, they're friends, so I always just end up having a nice chat. I have a bit of responsibility at church myself, believe it or not, I am good at encouraging others. People do come to me. But I'm not good at looking after myself. I think I've burned out. Maybe I should directly say I need help rather than being my positive self. Maybe I should say that I'm the one who needs help now.

Although to be fair I feel like that with therapists I've seen, even though they are strangers I feel like all I'm doing is having a nice chat.

The thing with therapists is they have work hours when I have work hours and I'm going to be starting a new job soon. I can't ask for time off for therapy!

I will go to the doc and get antidepressants and I'll talk to someone about how I feel. I promise.

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2016, 4:49 am

hurtloam wrote:
I habe my sister and a couple of close friends, but I feel like I'm just bringing them down. So I vent here so that I don't drag them down.

I could reach out to a church pastor, but I feel like I'm not good at expressing myself in person and I'm too close to them, they're friends, so I always just end up having a nice chat. I have a bit of responsibility at church myself, believe it or not, I am good at encouraging others. People do come to me. But I'm not good at looking after myself. I think I've burned out. Maybe I should directly say I need help rather than being my positive self. Maybe I should say that I'm the one who needs help now.

Although to be fair I feel like that with therapists I've seen, even though they are strangers I feel like all I'm doing is having a nice chat.

The thing with therapists is they have work hours when I have work hours and I'm going to be starting a new job soon. I can't ask for time off for therapy!

I will go to the doc and get antidepressants and I'll talk to someone about how I feel. I promise.

Ow sweetie I can relate so much to this :cry:

Yes, pills might help. But a good behavior therapist that can actually provide you with clear feedback would be so much more helpful.

It seems like you've been struggling for years and that are some patterns there. I can especially relate to the the chameleon like stuff and not showing your vulnerability irl in a safe space.

But if you ever find the courage, with or without meds, I truly believe some kind of new impulse to do/see things just slightly differently will arise.

Please feel free to keep venting here :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 6:50 am

I've had many "nice chats" which have helped enormously.

Many times. a "nice chat" could serve as a sort of "indirect" therapy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 7:23 am

Sorry to hear that, knowing what you are going through, I don't think anything one can say can comfort you.

I wish you luck.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 7:42 am

I think, sometimes, just talking to somebody in person or online helps a lot more than just being alone with things.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 12:44 am

I feel like I messed up. I wouldn't have thought that I had a chance with this guy if he hadn't shown an interest in me first and I feel like ife lost that interest now because I messed up. I don't think I reciprocated properly. I didn't know what to do.

I'm having trouble forgiving myself for being so stupid. I feel like I've lost something I didn't even have.

It hurts so much.