Anyone else feel there's nobody in the world like you?

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

21 Oct 2009, 9:12 pm

marshall wrote:
Does it bother you?

Every time I'm out in public I get this intuitive feeling that people are not like me at all. It's not just being on the autism spectrum either as I'm also very different from other aspies here. For one thing I'm asexual and it seems like everyone else in the world assumes I'm a regular heterosexual male. I feel like I'm missing out and it hurts. I want to be able to feel something deeply, to love, but I can't.

Lately I just feel so useless and empty and distant from everything. I get so introspective that I feel like I'm losing all my interests. And it bothers me that it doesn't seem like other people are as introspective as I am, they just seem to glide along in life without having to really think about much. Jesus, I don't even know how to articulate what I'm thinking or what's bothering me so much, it just is - painful.

Not the whole world because not everyone knows I exist if they have never seen me. But I have felt that everyone on a forum hates me and I sometimes feel lot of people here don't like me because my posts get ignored when I post a thread and hardly any replies be made in them. Then other times I feel I am liked after all when I get lot of replies. When I get a PM, it makes me happy, especially a reply.

But it if did bother me, I wouldn't still be here posting. I rarely send people PMs here unless they PM me first. I did send one person a PM and she was defensive and never apologized for it. She thought I didn't like her so she was all being defensive with me when I asked her a curious question about something. Just makes me even more shy to talk to people but I should take chances but then it makes me obsessed about it and hard to move on thinking what did I do wrong when I get meanness.

I also get bothered sometimes I am different than other aspies here because I can't relate to their problems and they have more problems than me with their condition. But I look at it another way, being different is good so it's cool of me to be different. I'm different in the none aspie community and I'm different in the autism community. Now I wish there was a community for borderline aspies. I remember being so happy when I had seen a few members here claiming they are different than other aspies and don't fit in. In the past I had felt like leaving this forum and wanted to but I was too addicted to leave. I had the compulsion to come back.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2009, 9:37 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
marshall wrote:
Does it bother you?

Every time I'm out in public I get this intuitive feeling that people are not like me at all. It's not just being on the autism spectrum either as I'm also very different from other aspies here. For one thing I'm asexual and it seems like everyone else in the world assumes I'm a regular heterosexual male. I feel like I'm missing out and it hurts. I want to be able to feel something deeply, to love, but I can't.

Lately I just feel so useless and empty and distant from everything. I get so introspective that I feel like I'm losing all my interests. And it bothers me that it doesn't seem like other people are as introspective as I am, they just seem to glide along in life without having to really think about much. Jesus, I don't even know how to articulate what I'm thinking or what's bothering me so much, it just is - painful.

Not the whole world because not everyone knows I exist if they have never seen me. But I have felt that everyone on a forum hates me and I sometimes feel lot of people here don't like me because my posts get ignored when I post a thread and hardly any replies be made in them. Then other times I feel I am liked after all when I get lot of replies. When I get a PM, it makes me happy, especially a reply.

But it if did bother me, I wouldn't still be here posting. I rarely send people PMs here unless they PM me first. I did send one person a PM and she was defensive and never apologized for it. She thought I didn't like her so she was all being defensive with me when I asked her a curious question about something. Just makes me even more shy to talk to people but I should take chances but then it makes me obsessed about it and hard to move on thinking what did I do wrong when I get meanness.

I also get bothered sometimes I am different than other aspies here because I can't relate to their problems and they have more problems than me with their condition. But I look at it another way, being different is good so it's cool of me to be different. I'm different in the none aspie community and I'm different in the autism community. Now I wish there was a community for borderline aspies. I remember being so happy when I had seen a few members here claiming they are different than other aspies and don't fit in. In the past I had felt like leaving this forum and wanted to but I was too addicted to leave. I had the compulsion to come back.
lol, your talk of PM's it reminds me of how i feel about getting mail. i love getting a letter like no other :) .

but that's also true of PM's and replies. it's silly i know. but i guess it's just because it gives a feeling of validation.