I'm back from jail and a slight heart attack .

Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 6:00 pm

This seems like a prevalent state of affairs:

The US, in general, does not want to make it easy for homeless people. The government is scared that if we treat homeless people well, that they will run amok. This is what I sense.

I'm not saying homeless people should feel sorry for themselves.

I'm saying it's not as easy as it seems. It's really hard out there for homeless people.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 6:26 pm

...I've been trying to write you and (your fellow " my close WP friend " here) an E-mail w/" If I'm jailed again " instructions (He seems to see E-mails , not PMs , more readily) but this machine is being Mr. Cranky Pants right now & my time is limited...I made the (Amazon) birthday orders for my brother just now .

kraftiekortie wrote:
This seems like a prevalent state of affairs:

The US, in general, does not want to make it easy for homeless people. The government is scared that if we treat homeless people well, that they will run amok. This is what I sense.

I'm not saying homeless people should feel sorry for themselves.

I'm saying it's not as easy as it seems. It's really hard out there for homeless people.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:43 pm

...OK , here's what I was talking about.........
A ways ago , in an ASers-orieted magazine (I think oriented towards ASers in Montana ?) I read of a female who moved into a group home , where , immediately , they confiscated the cell phone and lap top she had 9(t least she had one :( ) , and told her she would never be allowed to contact her old friends ever again .
I guess an organization took her case up , and eventually , after a year?? , she won (Whether that means she got to leave the gh or got her stuff back or what I don't know .)
Obviously , then , modern " places " DO do such as that . Really , I maybe tended to think - maybe - at least as " the accepted wisdom " - " ' They ' don't do ' that sort7 of thing ' anymore " .
Obviously they DO .
Now , how many other people probably got caught up in similar situations - but didn't get anyone on their side ? or , if so , didn't win ? Hm :cry:

uote="ASS-P"]...Well , for a rather bad example of what I'm speaking about (And I did tend to think MAYBE what happened to me was more in the past " , but this one).........

cherryblossom wrote:
So you apparently still don't have a place to live. We had written about some "places" for example in this thread in the pages 2 and 3: WHY ????? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=286808&start=15

Those "places" are not prisons like you may have thought. So what do you think about them? Could also someone else check what we had written about them in that other thread?
[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 1:16 pm

...I would LIKE " exccellent medical care " . I have been REFUSED it (in Santa Cruz , now) , briefly !
Look , it seems thi0s is coming around again to " give i0n to The Nice Doctors , and They Will Take care Of You " :cry: .
look , if I were my idea of a well-off , modern-day (younger than me) Aspie , maybe the doctors , psychs , et al Would Be My Friends :( , because I had had nice things from tham and a nice relationship !
But I haven't .

ote="MiLK"]I have read your posts and I was wondering about a few things. There was one day where a non-WP friend offered you to take you to a hospital. Why didn't you accept her/his offer? Do you have trouble trusting the hospital staff?

Also, noting that in the mental hospital they gave you drugs against schizophrenia and psychosis, are you indeed schizophrenic and psychotic? Or was this the method of treating Asperger's syndrome back then?

I actually hope you can calm down a bit with everything that is going on with you and perhaps consider indeed going to a good hospital if your friend offers you again, even if this means taking some pills? I understand you're antagonistic about it but some of these pills are designed to calm you down, help you focus a little more and get back on your feet again. Your body is in serious need of treatment at the moment and you can't go from jail to jail because that only perpetuates your problem. Getting excellent medical help from a hospital is the first step in your recovery. I think it is also what people would like you to do if they decided to support you via a fund raiser.[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 1:42 pm

...As far as getting help , it's occured to me - Look , in Seattle (Presumably full of Aspies) asked for help from other WPers , IIRC specifically saying that I was NOT asking for cash or a place to stay ~ Asking about help getting around to social service/whatever places and help w/what electronics I had .
No replies happened :( .
This has occurred to me before , I hadn't put it up til' now ~ However , just yesterday?? it occurred to me , that , had I help like that in Seattle , post-the both big toes amputation , maybe my open wound on my left big toe remnant wouldn't have happened . :cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:25 pm

...The jail possibility worked itself in a quite unexpected , quite conventionally nice :lol: , manner...At this time , the possibility of being incarcerated in Santa Cruz again is essentially , if not 100% ruled out , very much on the back burner...However , something very bad happened last night - See my " Assaulted post " :( - And I HAVE TO ! get away from Santa Cruz but I have NO ! money to get to San Francisco nor even a ride handy :( :cry: .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 2:11 pm

People were going on about a supposed " Kickstarter campaign " for me for some promised " help "...Well , PLEASE , I REALLY ! need ,to get away from here , in SC County , to (where I had planned to go already) San Francisco ! PLEASE !
I am REALLY IN PHYSICAL DANGER .
A ride or some assistance to allow me to get out of SC County NOW . PLEASE .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 5:09 pm

...So , the concept is " I) could get help if I committed myself to a loony bin indefinitely and took lots of Thorazine/Mellaril/the Latest equivalent " ? (THL) . From " The Nice Doctors Who Are Always Great " ? :cry:

uote="ASS-P"]...I would LIKE " exccellent medical care " . I have been REFUSED it (in Santa Cruz , now) , briefly !
Look , it seems thi0s is coming around again to " give i0n to The Nice Doctors , and They Will Take care Of You " :cry: .
look , if I were my idea of a well-off , modern-day (younger than me) Aspie , maybe the doctors , psychs , et al Would Be My Friends :( , because I had had nice things from tham and a nice relationship !
But I haven't .

ote="MiLK"]I have read your posts and I was wondering about a few things. There was one day where a non-WP friend offered you to take you to a hospital. Why didn't you accept her/his offer? Do you have trouble trusting the hospital staff?

Also, noting that in the mental hospital they gave you drugs against schizophrenia and psychosis, are you indeed schizophrenic and psychotic? Or was this the method of treating Asperger's syndrome back then?

I actually hope you can calm down a bit with everything that is going on with you and perhaps consider indeed going to a good hospital if your friend offers you again, even if this means taking some pills? I understand you're antagonistic about it but some of these pills are designed to calm you down, help you focus a little more and get back on your feet again. Your body is in serious need of treatment at the moment and you can't go from jail to jail because that only perpetuates your problem. Getting excellent medical help from a hospital is the first step in your recovery. I think it is also what people would like you to do if they decided to support you via a fund raiser.[/quote][/quote]

MiLK
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2015, 5:14 pm

We're used to medical staff that is always there to help you and is professional. However, I understand that your experiences are different. Is it bad to wonder why?

A different matter now: You want help, you want someone to drive you to SF but how do you want to achieve that? What are your options? I have already offered to make a phone call. Heck, I'm not even on the same continent as you are.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

I think your intentions are laudable, MiLK. And I believe ASS-P thinks so, too.

But the US is a big place, and people just don't give rides to strangers if they don't know them. It would not be practical. People get killed like this all the time here.

It's great that you want to help ASS-P. Please let me emphasize that. You're doing more than what I'm doing.

I could be wrong: but if you call a church in Watsonville, I doubt it very much if the person who received the call would be able to get a guy to go get ASS-P and drive him to San Francisco. It's possible, unfortunately, that should the person in the church be successful in getting a person to drive ASS-P to San Francisco--that the person driving ASS-P might not have decent intentions him/herself.

If you were able to do this, I will put my foot squarely in my mouth, and rub it around and around.

I'm an idealist, too. I would love to be able to get ASS-P to San Francisco.

Please...I'm not criticizing you at all. Maybe you know something I don't know. I'm not being sarcastic at all. If you have some way to do this,

But how would you get a person to drive ASS-P to San Francisco from Watsonville? I believe you could only do this if you knew one of ASS-P's personal friends in Watsonville or nearby.

MiLK
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2015, 5:45 pm

Not doing anything is not an option. Sure you can get many responses that are negative and refuse to take him there. But for so many "no's" there is always a "yes". You've got to try. Staying negative won't do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

I agree, sir.

I don't believe in negativity AT ALL.

Yes, we have to try to find solutions.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 3:28 pm

...Someone PMd me and seemed to want to send me money via Paypal but when I indicated that I didn't have a PP account the person seemed to feel they were not able to send money via Western Union or Moneygram . I don't see why , if they could send something via PP :?: .
Milk , KK sort of indicated the problem with " trying to call a church " better than I could , possibly , plus , frankly , I think my apparent problem is not an apparent " real emergency " in the sense of " My mother is dying !I must get a blood transfusion ! " plu9s may8be even other reason/s...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm

Western Union is the best way to send money. You probably have to have ID to pick it up. 7-11s usually do Western Union.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm

...I do have an ID . That is no problem . Okay , since I suppose I've fairly heavily HINT HINT HINTED...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 3:41 pm

...I could us some money .
I think I said?? I am without any real money , and I can't take the bus to the Salinas shelter back & forth now , actually , my bus card DOES allow me to go back to Santa Cruz from Watsonville - If anybody wants to contact/PM me , they could - I will use up a remaining 1/2hr. in an hour or so at this computer lab .