Anyone get to the point that they get sick of WP?

Page 7 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

lammiu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm

Not having a disorder, just means you've a choice to take meds or not. For me, I still take a small dosage (20mg prozac), so that when I social in a big group, I don't have a knot in my stomach and my hands won't shake during interviews. It works like a pain killer, if I have a small anxiety, small dosage. If high anxiety, high dosage. For people who averse about chemicals and can stand the knot in the stomach, not necessary to take any SSRI. So far the psychiastrist told me not much side effect and the chemicals are cumulative (2 weeks to accumulate), so you can't decide to take it one day for job interview and works.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 3:55 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
Agreed-- WP is significantly less screwed-up than other forums. Particularly places where hormonal women congregate.

I guess it gets so negative because a lot of us are depressed; positivity tends to be painful for depressed people (but then, a concrete reason to be positive is just what a depressed Aspie needs). Very confusing.

I'd love to find more success stories-- but I guess they're not out there because it is considered shameless self-promotion to publicize your successes. Still, I could use some. Fail stories are starting to bog me down majorly-- FAIL in relationships, FAIL in jobs, FAIL in life, FAIL in parenting...

...I get thinking that my successes haven't even really been mine-- that they were flukes, or through someone else's effort.

Statistics, statistics, statistics.

Yet I knew, personally, three Aspies who managed to build lives (some of them even happy). I've seen lots of people with ADHD build lives-- one of my husband's coworkers at his last job, the best teacher I ever had, a couple of other people.

Yet the statistics say FAIL, FAIL, AUTOMATIC FAIL-- and that is what I end up believing.

HELP!! !!

I think this whole seeing life as something you either "WIN" by having certain culturally expected things, or "FAIL" by not having them is what causes so much negativity. A lot of people who "WIN" at life by having the husband/wife, kids, job, nice house, etc... seem utterly dull to me. Some aren't even as happy as others living off SSI. Why the hell are people not allowed to do what makes them happy and stop internalizing all the garbage society throws at them? People are told they're supposed to be unhappy if they don't have this and that.... then... wouldn't you believe it.... they become depressed. Shocking! Maybe they would have turned out better if they'd just not listened to those voices.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 4:03 am

that's nicely put in this over priced property market my inner city unit has increased 3X since 97 I would buy a boat (if I just left school) and rent the berth for $200 a month :D , people think i'm mad for this mindset, fair enough you can go ahead and fuel the flame of the property market Ponzi scheme....

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 7:44 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:
Lostathome wrote:
Gotta be honest, I understand. It's kind of depressing to come back again and again and not really find many success stories, especially amongst older members. Makes someone younger like me wonder whether I actually do have any chance.
I feel all the Aspies that are the ones doing great things with the world aren't sitting on this forum....
I left. I came back. I'm leaving again. There has to be an Aspie forum out there somewhere for people who are actually trying to better themselves, instead of ruminating on it. This place is more hindering than helpful.

Of course, those comments makes everyone here feel so much better. :roll:

Because like, nobody here has any problems and those who do can solve them easy-peasy.

lammiu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2013, 11:08 am

aussiebloke wrote:
that's nicely put in this over priced property market my inner city unit has increased 3X since 97 I would buy a boat (if I just left school) and rent the berth for $200 a month :D , people think i'm mad for this mindset, fair enough you can go ahead and fuel the flame of the property market Ponzi scheme....

A lady in my sailing course, actually plan to execute your above idea after she pass all the exams to be a yacht owner. With the Hong Kong housing market cost more than US$1000 per square feet. In fact, your idea is not mad but practical.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 11:24 am

I sometimes get fed up with WP, like when a lot of threads come up what are boring to me, and they stay at the top of the list for a few days. I like it when there's new threads about interesting things. But, like everything, WP has it's good times and bad times.

No need to get upset about it.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:29 pm

I think it's pretty bad in China , with the shortage of ladies men think they must own a unit , homes in the capital are 30 x average incomes and I thought Sydney at 10 X was bad. 8O thank god for the recession I bought it at approx. 3 x annual income.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

and autism tv smudgie ? :wink:

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

lammiu wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

A lady in my sailing course, actually plan to execute your above idea after she pass all the exams to be a yacht owner. With the Hong Kong housing market cost more than US$1000 per square feet. In fact, your idea is not mad but practical.

I read somewhere that jackie chan lives on a boat in hk because it is cheaper. That could be just hearsay, I couldnt find the article on a quick google search.

I would love to live on a boat if I could find a really good one somewhere (and if I could afford the boat ;).

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 3:15 pm

^^^

well in Monaco it's unlikely to see a boat under 1 million and a berth costs 300 k + to purchase, their are boats and their are "boats" you can buy a second hand unit size type boat ,2 story ! for around 50 k :o

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 10:36 am

Been here quite a long time myself.

For what it's worth I think I've been able to put my eggs in many baskets, several other kinds of sites and activites, and in a lot of ways I don't rely on WP a lot for edification or support. Seems quite often, at least from my own experience, that aspies have about as much in common as diabetics and for almost all of us we have more in common with an NT who has a lot of common interests than we do with a fellow autie/aspie who doesn't share our interests.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Been here quite a long time myself.

For what it's worth I think I've been able to put my eggs in many baskets, several other kinds of sites and activites, and in a lot of ways I don't rely on WP a lot for edification or support. Seems quite often, at least from my own experience, that aspies have about as much in common as diabetics and for almost all of us we have more in common with an NT who has a lot of common interests than we do with a fellow autie/aspie who doesn't share our interests.

Well said. Would you happen to have a list, or the time to compile a list, of the "many baskets" so to speak? Others could use a quick reference to the multiple online resources as well, and would be very appreciative. I know I would myself.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
and autism tv smudgie ? :wink:

Never bothered with it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Dec 2013, 10:17 pm

I seem to be content with myself right now that I don't want to leave the site. Although, I am getting a bit bored.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 12:42 am

sick of being ignored whats so special about the golden people here ?

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:54 am

I have wondered the same at times.