Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 1:20 pm

IMO for me I need something besides a Psychiatrist that says here take a pill. :-( I was suspended from College which for me emotionally is very depressing. (been 5 years Feb.) Well for me emotionally I have a TOTALLY different approach to my behavior issues. For example would you tell an alcoholic to keep drinking alcohol? (NO they need rehab etc.) Well IMO don't tell me to just get over my issue where's MY BEHAVIOR REHAB?! I upset family,friends( to the point of having NONE!) students/coworkers (DON'T want to BE my friend!) and teachers (I jokingly threatended my teacher=suspended) (It was more lets go do X violent act to a friend and that friend STABBED ME IN THE BACK and told this teacher I respected and looked up too.)

I feel I need to learn to change and not just take a pill and everything's better because IT'S NOT! One therapist said it's not about them having an issue with me but issues I THOUGHT I HAD! UH AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES UPSETTING MY PSYCHOLOGY TEACHER AS A HUGE OMG HUMUNGOUS PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUE SHEESH! Where are these people going to be WHEN I have bad behavior and LAND IN JAIL NOT HELPING ME THAT'S WHAT! My Psychiatrist said he wanted me to talk to his wife if I had "women issues" should i bring the school issue up for the 1,000th time?

Sorry for venting but the whole not getting help is REALLY UPSETTING me at times the college issue has mostly drove me to tears and made a NY vacation etc. depressing times when they should of been fun (we visited Boston before the College MECHA which brought up crying etc.)

Any tips would be appreciated.)

Trwn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2009, 3:25 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You could try this kind of therapy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_ ... al_therapy

Nothing to do with psychoanalysis. But no personal experience on it, maybe someone can tell about his personal experience

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 4:09 pm

You definitely need "counseling." Seek a mental health professional with either a Social Work or Psychology background. Or go
to your local, public mental health center in your community and tell them you would like to see a counselor.

Every community in the USA has a mental health center and although, they are not "perfect" places for those individuals who need help and assistance in dealing with the issues they face in life, it is better than suffering alone. Wrong Planet is a good place
to vent your frustrations and anxieties, too. However, it is best to have someplace "close by" in your little corner of the USA where counseling is much more accessible to you.

Public mental health center often have a waiting list...so, get to your local mental health center soon. Such centers are less costly than paying for "private" counseling...and there are many, many people who need counseling services.

Best of luck to you!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

Venting does help I've learned so much about myself and AS thanks to WP. Thank You everyone! :-)