The feeling of being overwhelmed

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 2:32 pm

Sometimes I get angry, sometimes I feel really sad, but the feeling that eats me up the most is being overwhelmed. When I get the feeling of being overwhelmed, I can't think clearly because there's so much stuff going through my head and it feels like it's too much for me to handle. I'm not sure what this feeling is called, but I usually get it when I don't know where to start or when there's a deadline.

Homework causes me to feel this way all the time. I always feel unmotivated to do it and when the last day to do it comes, I feel overwhelmed. I have two choices: do or do not. The things that are stopping me are boredom and feeling like I'm being forced to do it. Does anybody have any tips on getting myself to motivate myself to do my homework and perhaps overcome this feeling?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 3:26 pm

One word: Delusions. Operate under some insane delusion and you will do better. Like imagine tigers will eat you if you don't stop procrastinating or imagine a fairy that will help you if you do your work or something like that.

Ok, joking but a good way to get yourself to do your homework is to get yourself organized to do it. Set times that you will do homework in, like maybe you will do your homework from 4:00 to 4:30 and then take a break or something and start up from 5:00 to 5:30 and so on and so forth. Break it into small increments then do those, take a break, work again and so on and so forth. The problem is tackling the entire amount of homework on at once. Just continually break your homework up into small pieces and take breaks at set increments to make sure that you get it done and decrease break times(both in length and number) for larger loads with less time to do them.

Hopefully that idea works, if not then..... uh..... try something else.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 3:31 pm

Nice suggestion, Awesomelyglorious... the most recent one I tried was when I had to wash the dishes and I didn't want to. I imagined I was working in a biohazard lab and I had to clean the tools that we'd just finished working with some nasty (smallpox, I think) virus with by washing it thorougly with special soap and lots of bleach. Needless to say, I nearly sliced my hand open with one of the knives when I wasn't paying attention. :roll: