so this may seem lnsignificant

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 11:28 am

I know everyone on this forum is having a really hard time but I'm livid......

but my brother came over to my mom's yesterday and brought his dog. We went to talk in the living room and somehow his dog overturned my snakes terrarium and killed her. I've been through so much crap since December and only after the second surgery did I get really deep into the pity party..... but this just set me off like nothing else. I don't want to get into the whole surgical ordeal again, there's an oh pity me thread somewhere..... but this was like the straw that broke the camels back. Why the hell did he bring his damn dog over?Who does that? It's awful. My mom hates the big nasty thing too. (not that she liked the snake) an I can't even express my frustration without texting him b/c I'm so screwed in the head after surgery I can't string sounds together to make words! I'm so pissed. That snake was pretty much the last part of my independent life I had. Now there's nothing.

I'm sad.
I'm frustrated
i want to communicate verbally. not txt my family in the room

huge meltdown last night, i am still exhausted and destroyed my room and myself

now I have a mess, no snake and a bruised ego.

I'll get over it. But who brings a freaking mastiff over to someone's house? Isn't that the dumbest thing in the history of the world?

anyone want to give me a free ride through life? I could use it.... :( (at least for a week or two)

rant over.

now what's a proper burial for a 4ft long snake? Is it fair to have my mom dig the hole? I am still on the walker so I can't.

chiyoko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2011, 1:41 pm

OMG, that is terrible! I'm so sorry. Snakes are not really my thing but a pet is a pet. It is very significant. Your brother should dig the hole.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:48 pm

^ That's a good suggestion.

& gosh, if i was your brother i'd feel terrible. :/

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:50 pm

Ahh, that's sad. I'm very sorry that you lost your pet.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:59 pm

I feel for you. If someone's dog overturned the cage of one of my tarantulas and killed her, I'd be in tears for a week.
It's only fair to make your brother dig the hole. Everyone loves their pets, after all, if, for an example, his dog was bitten by your snake (if it was venomous, that is) and died, things would be the same.
I am really, really sorry you lost your snake. It must have been very hard on you, with all recent trouble and all.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

Your brother should dig the hole, he's the one who committed the homicide.

I'm sorry for your loss. :\

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks all, I'm just venting.

She's going to be cremated and kept about for a while.
On the upside my mom banned him from ever bringing his dog over here.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:48 pm

What an awful thing to happen on top of everything else. :(

I hope you'll find the strength to go on. *offers a hug to hyperbole* Hopefully, the terrarium was not damaged too much so you can get yourself another snake when you are ready for a new pet.

I think properly burying your snake is important as a step in saying good-bye to her. It would only be fair if your brother helped with that.

Sahmiam
Raven
Raven

20 Jan 2011, 3:45 pm

That doesn't seem insignificant at all. I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. Hopefully your brother will step up and try to make this right.

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2011, 4:23 pm

I'm glad your mother's taking it seriously, that will help your brother see that it is serious.

I'm sorry that happened to you.