Is it wrong to know you aren't going to be living?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Anspaughnato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2010, 2:08 pm

I've never really made any friends. I made only 1 good one from high school and I don't even talk to him that much anymore.

I feel like I've lived enough of life. I know it sounds selfish and whatnot, but why go through the rest of life's disappointments when you've already seen all the good in it?

I'm only 19, I don't have a based religion but I do have my own particular beliefs.

I've spent my whole life observing people and never thought about who I am. I don't know who I'm supposed to be.

I have already discussed suicide with a friend and a family member. I often ask them "Do you want me to do what makes me happy?"

Suicide, to me, is a way of taking your OWN life instead of having some drunk as*hole take it. Am I not right?

I'd rather die under the hands of my own that somebody else, or something else.

Besides, death would make me happy. I'm not doing it under depression or loneliness, but rather under complete happiness.

That's the part that most people don't understand. They tell me, "Well you'd make all the people that love you sad."

I've told them over and over again that it would be my own decision, no other factors but my own.

It's not like I'm attempting to do it right now. But I know it's going to happen soon.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:20 pm

Are you sure you aren't depressed? Is there not one single thing more you'd like to do or see in your life before you go?

Most people don't think about killing themselves out of happiness, or even boredom or feeling a bit jaded.

If your life is okay, why not find other people who could use your help? It can be quite satisfying.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:24 pm

Anspaughnato wrote:
I've never really made any friends. I made only 1 good one from high school and I don't even talk to him that much anymore.

I feel like I've lived enough of life. I know it sounds selfish and whatnot, but why go through the rest of life's disappointments when you've already seen all the good in it?

I do not believe in psychic powers. That being, I think my neighbors who run a psychic business are scam artists, and I think their clients are stupid enough to deserve to be scammed.

I also think Silvian Brown is a delusional schizophrenic.

So I don't see what logical basis you have to make the claim that you've already seen all the good in life. You initial statement indicates that you are just depressed because you are lonely.

Anspaughnato wrote:
I'm only 19, I don't have a based religion but I do have my own particular beliefs.

I've spent my whole life observing people and never thought about who I am. I don't know who I'm supposed to be.

Every day physicists look at matter and ask themselves, "but what IS it?" This is a silly question and has a simple answer. It IS matter.

Likewise. You ARE you. What type of definition were you looking for? Anyway identity crises aren't unusual at your age. They do pass if you allow them the time to do so.[/quote]

Anspaughnato wrote:
I have already discussed suicide with a friend and a family member. I often ask them "Do you want me to do what makes me happy?"

The concept that suicide will make you happy is illogical. Perhaps the thought of suicide makes you happy, but the act itself cannot, as once you are dead, you are dead and cannot experience "happy" or perceive or acknowledge anything for that matter as you do no longer exists. Were you happy 100 years ago? What about 1000 years ago? What about 13 billion years ago? How did you feel 13 billion years ago? You see it's irrelevant. You didn't exist one way or another.

Anspaughnato wrote:
Besides, death would make me happy. I'm not doing it under depression or loneliness, but rather under complete happiness.

As I already stated, this is false reasoning for the above conditions. Additionally, you must be unhappy and lonely about your friend situation or for what other reason would you have mentioned it? In fact you did not just mention it, you opened with it, emphasizing it's significance.

Anspaughnato wrote:
That's the part that most people don't understand. They tell me, "Well you'd make all the people that love you sad."

I've told them over and over again that it would be my own decision, no other factors but my own.

Based on faulty reasoning no doubt. You are obviously suffering from an identity crisis and you likely are lonely because you don't have many friends and you have deluded yourself into thinking the life ahead of you will be bleak.

You should speak to a counselor and address specific aspects of your life you would like to change.

Decorequiem
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Oct 2010, 4:58 pm

The only problem with suicide is that, well...you'll be a corpse. And the way I see it, what's the point of either being alive or dead? Yet, by that logic, being alive would be the more optimal choice because A. you started consciousness by being alive, and B. you'll have plenty of time to be dead when your body ages to the point of no return and your cells no longer replicate.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is...

Just stay alive and see what happens. Plenty of time for eternal darkness a few decades down the road. No point in taking an early peek.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:02 am

If you want to kill yourself, at least be responsible about it. Meaning:
1. Don't kill yourself in public and traumatize other people in the process.
2. Don't leave your crap for other people to have to take care of after you die.
3. Have the money for the cost of funeral ready and order a coffin beforehand, and fill out whatever applications you'll need to fill out.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say. Have fun and happy suicide.