Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Maxima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2011, 8:24 pm

I feel like I'm sleep-walking through life. I feel attracted to no one, look forward to nothing. I do the same thing everyday, Wake up-Go to school-Come home-Do homework-Go on the computer-Go to sleep. I rarely say more than hello, I feel like I can only feel negative emotions, when things that should make me happy happen I feel like it isn't actually real. Why do I feel like this? Am I the only one?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

You arent the only one.

utherdoul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm

Maxima wrote:
I feel like I'm sleep-walking through life. I feel attracted to no one, look forward to nothing. I do the same thing everyday, Wake up-Go to school-Come home-Do homework-Go on the computer-Go to sleep. I rarely say more than hello, I feel like I can only feel negative emotions, when things that should make me happy happen I feel like it isn't actually real. Why do I feel like this? Am I the only one?

Your not the only one. Getting off prescription medications ( dozens of which made me depressed, anxious, violent or a nasty combination of the three) helped me. Smoking has also helped. I know the risks it took my great grandmother twenty years to die of emphysema and my grandmother is on a home breathing machine. All I know is when I smoke I feel half human which is more than I've felt in a long long time.

H.P. Lovecraft

"Pickman's Model"

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 11:12 pm

utherdoul wrote:
Maxima wrote:

Your not the only one. Getting off prescription medications ( dozens of which made me depressed, anxious, violent or a nasty combination of the three) helped me. Smoking has also helped. I know the risks it took my great grandmother twenty years to die of emphysema and my grandmother is on a home breathing machine. All I know is when I smoke I feel half human which is more than I've felt in a long long time.

Being either in or out of meds doesnt generally make it any different for me. I just feel bad that Im this low to have to take meds to survive, would rather be dead than that.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:02 pm

Maxima wrote:

I used to feel this way. Now I feel amazing. Are you on any medication? You need to elaborate. Tell us more about yourself.