I dont know what to do. I think Ive stalled as long as I can

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jpfudgeworth
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2011, 9:26 pm

I think I'm reaching a critical point in my life where some major changes need to be made. I quit college and I don't have a job because I'm so afraid of being around people that I panic. I don't want the things that everyone else my age wants. I desperately want to be alone and feel peaceful. I dont know how I'm ever going to make money and move out of my mother's house. She's given me more than I deserve and now it seems that I'm going to have to explain to her that I'm mentally incapable of surviving the world.

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

are you seeing any one for mental health issues? you may need professional help to get past the anxiety and negative emotions you're feeling right now.

Bonafan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2011, 6:30 pm

Wow, I am at the same point in that I am stuck at my dads place and getting to the point where I think Im gonna have to tell him that I cant cope. Its a difficult one. I really want to make my dad happy after all he has sacrificed for us, so I want to get out there and earn loads of money to buy him holidays etc.

The way I see it is that I just keep going in the hope that something will change. Some people on here in another post were saying about how things start making sense when you hit forty, everything in you grows up or something like that. I am hoping that they are right and waiting for this time. At the moment I still feel quite young and like I am being dragged up rather than growing up.

If you want to pm me anytime to chat, please do. Might help if we are both doing this!