born ugly and socially impaired, no girls ever like me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2006, 2:00 am

ok, i realize this may seem like special pleading or logical fallacy, but i look at my life compared to others and i just cant catch a freaking break. i hate this life sometimes.

:( :cry:

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 6:42 am

Let's face it though, we never compare ourselves to someone worse than us (unless we're gloating or sympathising - rarely), only those better and no matter who you are or who you will ever be able to become in life, there will always be alot of people better, smarter and/or more efficient than you. So don't even bother. Instead, make do with what you have. In a game of poker, a good player doesn't screw up his face because his cards are horrible - it gives him away and makes him lose. Instead, you keep a cool poker face and stick with it to the end - you just may win! Yes, lame but... :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 8:37 am

I'm one of those "Ugly People". Than something unexpected has happened to me. There's a Guy at my Clubhouse, who's Hot For Me. You might find a companion, as well.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 10:14 am

You have caught a break. Now no one cares about you at all. Complete freedom to be out of the public eye, free to do whatever you want without any loss of friends. That's what I do.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 9:28 pm

Ditto, to what Cockneyrebel said....Also,I think some of the people who complain about nobody liking them really mean the two hot chearleaders in their school and are totally oblivious to someone who may not be a supermodel who pays them attention or the shy girl who needs alot of patience and nonthreatening persistant(not stalking :D )approach.True you may not get the person you think you want but may find someone more interesting if you can be openminded and patient....I think that might be easier for some females?dont know, but I have had many boyfriends both "traditionally "
attractive and "nongeneric/uniqully attractive"I try not to rule out someone because they are too "generic" but for me its at least easier to find my "unique" looking boyfriends in a crowd :D (its the face recognition thing)

good luck and dont give up....LOve is out there(but you may find its not all its cracked up to be...lots of work and sacrifices...I didnt find the right person for me until I was 39!lots of interesting mismatches along the way but regret very few of them.....

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2006, 2:24 am

well thanks for being there despite how little ive said.

cockney, best of luck. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 7:59 am

ericmc783 wrote:
ok, i realize this may seem like special pleading or logical fallacy, but i look at my life compared to others and i just cant catch a freaking break. i hate this life sometimes.

:( :cry:

Your problem is you're spending too much time looking at others that you wish you were.

If you thought about the fact you have things that some people don't
eg: walk, hear, see, ect.
you might be a bit happier, and feel lucky to be able to be like that. If you constantly compare yourself to a small group of other people you wish you were like, you're always going to be disappointed.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 9:03 pm

No matter who you are, there is always someone worse off than you, unless you are the least well-off person on the planet. However, since you have internet access and can read and write, I assume you are not this person.

Also, what subatai_baadur said.

Ricardo
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2006, 8:31 am

subatai_baadur wrote:
You have caught a break. Now no one cares about you at all. Complete freedom to be out of the public eye, free to do whatever you want without any loss of friends. That's what I do.

That's meant as a nice comment, no doubt. But it just doesn't make sense, when you think about it. You can't do what you want, for example, if what you want is kissing someone. In general, somebody who is unhappy is never able to do what he or she wants, because otherwise, he or she could return to happiness (which is normally the goal of an unhappy person, isn't it?).

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2006, 1:48 am

There are inherent restrictions on what anyone wants. Restrictions caused by the laws of physics, and the rules of society. He has limited freedom to do what he wants, just like the rest of us.

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2006, 5:03 am

werbert wrote:
There are inherent restrictions on what anyone wants. Restrictions caused by the laws of physics, and the rules of society. He has limited freedom to do what he wants, just like the rest of us.

werbert, f**k your unlimited freedom.

it doesnt include kissing a girl who likes you, making out, having sex, having friends, etc.

f**k it.