Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

I am male and 17 with ASD/AS and I am wondering why am I so bored all the time? I have self esteem issues and some depression a little and I don't know why but I feel so lonely at school. None likes me or talks to me and I am mostly invisible there. I also don't talk much and avoid people. Like at lunch I would go up to a place where it is quiter so I can eat there and I want to have people talk to me but none does. I notices that none sits next to me in class and are always avoiding me and I don't know if there is something wrong with me. I am usually mute throughout the most of the day but only say like less than 200 words. I am told that I am really annoying and people don't like me. I am also never heard about. If I was mentioned in a conversation and my name was heard the person would go "Who?" and not know who I am. Even if I talked to them all last year. I also am a nice person and I am shy most of the time. I get picked on by poeple and I don't know why I am such an easy target to be picked on. I also don't have any friends but I have on;y like 2 people who talk to me at all and they don't really notice me. When they see some one else that they know they go up to them and talk to them instead. One of the problems which I said earlyer is people don't know who I am but I don't know why even if I had a class with them or a aquaintence of their friend. I also don't have any hobby or activity and I am completely boring most of the time. Like when I go home I don't do much and I am also living far away from people, plus I also don't have any clubs at my school and none of them seem interesting if there are any and none joins them. Sorry if I wrote this to long. I am also sorry for some bad spelling you see. But I would like to know if there is anyone in a simmaler situation as me?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:28 pm

Hi User1001!

It sounds like you have the potential to be not bored but you don't get the chance to use that potential because the people around you aren't very friendly and your school doesn't really have any clubs.

I'm really sorry to hear about the unfriendliness or downright rudeness of the people at your school. I'm not sure how close you are to graduating, but when you graduate, if you are thinking of going to college/university, I know art schools have a reputation for having really open-minded and accepting students, and people at the university level have generally matured so that they would be embarrassed to be so closed-minded and nasty as the people in your school you're describing. I know that is a while off but maybe it will give you something to look forward to if you plan on attending a university. And even if not, there are lots of similarly accepting adult environments (I could think of some specific ones based on your interests).

As for now, though, maybe you could look into a club or activity outside your school that you could do in the afternoon, like martial arts or an art class at a public library or a similar place or volunteering somewhere (I volunteered at an animal shelter, for example). If there's anything you've been wanting to try maybe now would be a good time to try it out. If you have any luck, and I really hope you do, the people in the non-school club will generally be way nicer and more mature than the people you've been encountering!

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 11:51 am

So what do you do?

Boredom can sometimes be caused by attention problems, could that be you?