I think I found the answer...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:03 pm

...just sleep all day or as much as possible. Avoid everything. Sure you'll be bored and miserable, but what's the other option, going out there with those vicious animals we call NTs and then being even more miserable?

Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

I don't use this term religiously, but for this I will say... Amen

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

That's what I do, but not to avoid people. I'm usually quite happy alone.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

I'm happy alone too but wish I had a like-minded gf I found somewhat attractive. But I doubt even if I dropped the "somewhat attractive" part that I would find a like minded gf. Have been to local aspie groups and just a bunch of guys, and very very low functioning guys that are probably more so full-fledged autistic and call themselves aspie.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:33 pm

Oh, see, I don't mind being single. It's quite nice. Been enjoying it for the most part as I haven't been for 10 years.

Like-minded people are hard to come by for me, though. Not that I need a partner to be like-minded... I just want to be able to connect with them.

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

nilescrane wrote:
I'm happy alone too but wish I had a like-minded gf I found somewhat attractive. But I doubt even if I dropped the "somewhat attractive" part that I would find a like minded gf. Have been to local aspie groups and just a bunch of guys, and very very low functioning guys that are probably more so full-fledged autistic and call themselves aspie.

I have no local group... :(

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

Sextaesada wrote:
nilescrane wrote:

I have no local group... :(

Me either. I looked, but all I could find were plans to make one from 2 years ago. :?

Dunnyveg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

I'm happiest alone too, but I wouldn't be happy being alone one hundred percent of the time. For me the ideal would be to spend around two hours a days with others, and the other 22 hours of the day alone.

The one thing I can't do though is nothing. I can't think of anything more depressing, especially in an apartment. So, I bought a small ranch. This allows me to control who I interact with, it gives me plenty to do, and I also earn a little extra money to boot. The stillness and quiet are priceless--at least for me. I turn off my household appliances, and all I can hear is the blood rushing through my head and the birds singing.

Watching my cattle is particularly entertaining--and instructive. They are rugged individualists when compared with normal people:)

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

You're probably not missing out on much. The only people that attend are very very low functioning people that like I said are probably more rain man like than actual aspie.

And I don't need a woman to be completely like-minded, but there are certain things we have to agree on that I doubt most women in general regardless of looks would agree on...for example, no kids ever, also I have a low sex drive but am very touchy feely...don't like to leave the house much and aspire to be in the country somewhere etc. .