Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2011, 9:11 am

Last week me and my girlfriend of 4 years broke it off. This doesn't bother me as much because of the abuse she handed me and the fact that I usually perceive things logically. Now, back at my home, I am watching my grandma die of cancer and alcoholism as my grandfather slowly drops into the depths of dementia. I have been so low functioning the only things I have are my special interests. Going to work seems impossible and I've been making bad decisions. I.E. Starting smoking again, spending too much money, acting impulsively, etc. All of our accounts in the house are in the negatives as I have to use the money I got from selling my childhood objects to keep my grandma from going into delirium tremens. I've no money till the first and little food. Not even enough money for college application which would solve everything.
I'm positive but it's really hard. Now without my girlfriend no one can reassure me but myself.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

I'm so sorry. I would like to help in any way possible. Do your grandparents receive social security payments? Also many colleges are willing to waive even small fees like application fees for applicants with financial need. This situation can be made better. I know you and your family are having a VERY rough time right now and I'm so sorry.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Oh also not to be creepy but to find out what interests you have in hopes of being able to suggest possible moneymaking opportunities I saw in your recent post history you're a guitarist and you have very similar musical tastes to mine (Muse, Fleet Foxes, Sufjan Stevens). I like singing and am semi-capable of playing the piano so just putting that information out there, as I am an extreme idealist who likes dreaming up creative projects and it seems like it would be fun/lucrative to make a band.

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

Not creepy at all. I love making music with people but I'm anal about how it goes about. And we receive payments from the veterans admin but my grandmother spends it on lottery and alcohol. All of it. Back to the music, I'm so happy to find someone who likes those groups! Me and my friend were attempting to play and sing micro cuts but I can never hit that last part of the chorus. What do you play?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Well I sing around the house all day and I play the keyboard and piano. I'm not especially good with the technological aspects of keyboarding and my piano skills are very hit-and-miss (for instance I don't "know" chords, I just have to play around and hit on a combination/sequence that sounds good and save it in muscle.auditory memory). I also like doing what I can only call non-percussive instrument percussion... so pretty much when I'm singing I am also stomping around the house like a maniac hitting things to achieve something like a percussion section, and I play the piano like it's the rhythm section as well as harmony/melody.

Anyway I hope to get better at piano, I feel I've made some progress lately, and I just absolutely love to sing.

So yeah if I could help you any way in your musical endeavors feel free to contact me by PM or whatever! I don't mind analness, someone has to take the reins and direct the vision where multiple musicians are involved! I have very specific visions too but I'm not a good enough composer I guess t o make them come to life so I'm happy helping to make someone else's vision come to life.

Sorry about your grandmother's addictions... I wish I knew what to say... has anything like the group for family members of alcoholics been any help?