How to get along with others in a home

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2011, 4:08 am

Right now I've come to a sort of fork in the road. In less than a month I need to leave where I'm staying. I stayed with told me I need to go because their daughter broke up and is moving back in , but I'm not 100 percent sure that this is the truth. Apparently my behavior is having an impact on my current living situation. My friend who lives an hour away has a place for me to stay. I really get along with him but I have many friends here. Another friend, who is a bit younger and one of the few girls that I'm good friends with has offered to ask her parents ( who actually like me!) if I can stay there. I'm really worried that although they are very easy going and carefree, that I might upset them in some way, and I'd hate to jeopardize the friendship. But I don't know yet if I'll find another place around this area to live. I get to hang out with her alot, so I didn't want to move in also because I'm worried our friendship might get old. I really like her and her family though, and adore the numerous cats they have and even the dog! I had a job on the internet but until I get my computer fixed I won't be able to do it and I can't collect unemployment. I give all my money to my mom because I tend to spend it frivolously, and lately I've just wanted to buy hot topic clothes and wigs from ebay. What I want to know is what kind of weird or awkward things should I refrain from doing, things I might not realize I do or say until later, because I want to have a place for more than two months. On lady kicked me out after she was misinformed , and I'd told her that my mom kicked me out. I've thought now I should just say she had no room for me because she's a hoarder, which is true her house is piled with tubs and boxes. Please give me some good advice. I'm tired of getting kicked out of places.

anonymous-shyster
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2011, 4:22 am

I've always felt, when in a share house, that I'm expendable. Of course, when I move in, I'm the newest person to move in, and as such, I'm the best candidate to remove if things aren't going well or they want one of their friends to move in, in my place. I've taken an solemn vow never to live in a share house again. I don't know if you can find accommodation that isn't shared, but if you can, take it.