Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ItalianStallion1119
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

I just wanted to talk about the horrible week I've been having, maybe someone can say something to help me cope with all of this better...

It all started last Friday when I had a problem going to the bathroom and it involved blood. I was rushed to the ER and stayed overnight, and the doctor ran some tests that I have still not heard from...hope its nothing serious. I've already had a cyst on my tailbone a couple years ago that basically limited me doing stuff for over a year and now I'm not sure what I might have.

Then on Monday, my dad was rushed to the hospital himself when it looked like he had a stroke...it ended being a severe back spasm and he is just not the same right now (he can barely walk, talks funny).

Then came today where my brother-in-law's grandfather (who I've become close to) actually had a stroke and had another 1 as he was being rushed to the hospital. He is still alive but he might have brain damage that will disallow him to live the rest of his life normal (He didn't even know where he was, who the president was, or what year it was.)

So all this had happened and on Saturday (the day after I went to the hospital) my friend was having a party. Now it was an all-nighter and my friend said there were a few girls that were single that were gonna be there. Because of my sickness, or whatever you want to call it, I didn't stay for too long but in my time, my friend introduced me to this one girl who he kind of knew I wanted to talk to. Now I might add that he basically spoon-fed her to me, meaning my horrible conversational skills didn't come into play, and I was able to get to know here a little since we were talking in a group. From that we had common ground, and I learned that she was a Black Belt in Tae-Know-Do like me. I honestly thought I was dreaming as I was actually conversing with a really nice girl.

So like I said I didn't stay very long so I might of talked to her for about 15 minutes. I pulled my friend to the side and told him I was afraid to ask for her number, because I felt rushed since I was leaving soon, so he understood and told me that he was gonna talk to his other friend (girl), that brought the girl I liked to the party (because my friend only knew her, but hadn't seen her since high school).

What happened might you asked...My friend called the girl up and asked if she could talk to her friend and tell her that I liked her...problem was they had a huge argument in that time span, 1 damn week, what are the odds, and since the argument was bad and involved more friends than just those 2, they might never reconcile their differences.

I've been beating myself up about this for the last 24 hours and I'm under so much distress right now that I'm debating going to my friends tonight and have a few drinks. I mean I figured I was going to see her again but I don't have any luck at all...I knew I should have asked because you have to seize these opportunities, and I blew it, and I may never see this girl again.

I'm just hurting so much right now, I've only had maybe 2 other girls that I've ever thought I had a real chance with and 1 told me she was moving to Florida when I asked for her number and the other one died in a car accident before I even had the chance to ask.

With these recent events, obviously I'm very depressed at this time, I'm just hoping that I'm waking up from a bad dream and that girl's number is in my contacts.

Someone please give me some sort of positive outlook, say anything, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

ItalianStallion1119 wrote:
. . . Then on Monday, my dad was rushed to the hospital himself when it looked like he had a stroke...it ended being a severe back spasm and he is just not the same right now (he can barely walk, talks funny). . .

Oh, My God, you've got to take him to another doctor. Just say to him, "Dad, I really think we need to go see another doctor."

That part with him talking funny. That doesn't sound like a back spasm. Sounds like the kind of thing that could be a stroke, doesn't mean it is, but it is a danger sign which warrants checking out, further checking out by a doctor who takes it seriously.

Even one of those mediclinic Doc-in-the-Box, sometime you luck out and end up getting someone really on the ball.

ItalianStallion1119

10 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Oh, My God, you've got to take him to another doctor. Just say to him, "Dad, I really think we need to go see another doctor."

Thanks for your concern...I was kinda vague with that...I meant like sometimes he grunts or loses his breath because his back hurts so words come out funny sounding. It was assured that it was a severe spasm...he's been having problems in the last few months with his back but not to that extent until then.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 10:43 pm

Is there a doctor your dad has a long-established relationship with, maybe even someone in an entirely different specialty?

=======

And the zen of it all is that good things can still happen during family difficulties. And you may still connect with this young woman. An analogy from poker, you can either bet, or check and hope the other player bets, and both are valid. And the beauty of real life is that when you build a pot, with good ping-ponging communication and all that, both people win!