Everything is going wrong at once!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jun 2012, 4:25 pm

Unfortunately, everything in my life seems to be collapsing at once. I have just found out that my parents' house is going into foreclosure, and I have less than 3 months to find a job and a place to live. I have also just found out that I am no longer eligible for unemployment, so now i'm flat broke. I know it isn't impossible to find a job or a place to live, but since I was kind of blindsided by this sequence of bad news. I'm still in shock, and i'm finding hard to focus on looking for work. I'm just feeling really blue right now. the only good news I've had is that I received a 4.0 (straight A's) in my classes and i'm eligible for a grant next semester.

I feel like I can't even enjoy the good news due to the cloud of bad news hanging over my head. I now have to overcome my AS, and grow up somehow. I'm scared of having to fend for myself, due to my condition it is much harder for me to do this than a neurotypical person for instance. Also, my parents don't buy that AS is a true condition (even though i have a professional diagnosis.) They just think i'm lazy. There might be a chance of us keeping our house, but it's like a 1 in 100 chance. sorry for the long post, but i needed to tell someone. Any advice or comments would really help. Thanks guys.

aspergerbil
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

Hey! I am sorry about all the bad news! I wish you the best. *hug* (though generally i am not a hugger. still. :) )
it is terrible to be not believed like that. it is so hard convincing others that it is in fact real, if they are not open to it. i wish you the best.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

Well if you have an official diagnosis apply for disability ASAP and while you're waiting for your disability application to go through, apply for welfare and tell them your situation. They'll more than likely give you emergency funding on the spot to find your own place so you're not on the streets, you may have to get a place with a room mate though depending on how much apartments are in your area.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

Hang in there, roninninja!

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

Thanks for all your positive words and advice guys. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. 8)

greenheron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2012, 1:09 am

Best of everything, my friend. I always keep in mind that for every drop of rain that falls, someone gets wet.
Think of where you'll be in a month, or a year, if you stick in there and survive. It will be very past history, and you will be stronger and more experienced.