The last 5 years of my life have been a waste...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

So I'm a writer, I've dreamed of going into film since I was a little kid and have written countless film scripts that if I do say so myself were pretty damn good and groundbreaking... Probably about 50 or so as well as countless short stories, essays and even books I've written... I've had all of it stored on Google Docs. Today I get on Google Docs to do some more work on my current project and noticed that everything was gone... Literally f*****g everything... I don't know if I was hacked or what but all of my writings for the last 5 years are all gone and I don't know how to handle this... I feel like I'm having a mental breakdown...

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

This sounds tragic, but who knows might be a blessing in disguise.
Perhaps you could write something about or questions it has made you ask about your life in this difficult period. Yes, I'm being serious.

Anyways, sorry to hear this happened and I appreciate it might be a difficult time for you to continue with your passion.

TheElusiveHobo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

Talk to Google. They probably still have your stuff backed up somewhere. It's in their best interest to do that. Good luck!

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2012, 6:50 pm

Have you looked into the trash?
They use a revisioning system, so if you really can't find it, there is the possibility they'll restore it for you.

Always keep backups in multiple places!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:39 am

Makes me feel bummed to hear that, I can relate on a smaller level; I had maps I was building that I kept losing work on, and I've gotten up the motivation to try again and they've locked me out with no way to get back in F- you Google

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:20 pm

I was able to get my stuff restored by Google

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

Xenu wrote:
I was able to get my stuff restored by Google

I was going to suggest that you try to contact support. I'm very glad you got it back & i will suggest that you copy your stuff & back it up on computer or another method.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:50 am

I was about to say, Google MUST have some self restoring feature.

I would like to read one of your stories one day. :)

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

As I writing myself and trying to get one of my stories published as a novel some day, I can relate. I am really happy for you that you get your stuff back, and I really hope to read you / see one of your movies some day. Good luck, I am sure you won't need it!

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

i'm glad you got your stuff restored. But I have to say holy crap, Xenu, your new avatar creeps me out! It looks like nicolas cage, sorta?...I shudder to imagine what the rest of him looks like!