Does anyone else get this lonely feeling?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

dorfin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2012, 4:11 pm

Most of the time I prefer to be one my own and do things my own way and I hate other people interrupting me. But sometimes like now, I also feel very lonely too. I don't have any real friends and can't talk to family about this. Besides I do not really know what I would say to them. I can only describe it as feeling like I am a bit sad about something and I think that would go away if someone were here with me and maybe hugged me.

I know that the feeling will go away on its own soon, but does anyone else get this sometimes too?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 4:31 pm

Yes, I do. The world of ideas is fine, but sometimes it would be nice to have some human connection along with it :king: (and sometimes when I'm ready it's not available)

I don't know. I guess I'd like to make more of an effort to meet people half way.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

Yes. Most commonly I get this feeling when I haven't really seen or heard from any friends for a while

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm

<--- Agonizingly lonely and alone every day.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Agonizingly lonely and alone every day.

This pretty much :/ I spend way too much time alone (not out of choice) and it's not good :/

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2012, 12:01 am

Pretty much everyday of my life I feel this way. Isolated, alone, unwanted, affection-starved.

Yeah, it's like the opposite of fun and happiness. So I've dubbed my house the crappiest place on earth. /rimshot

Seriously though. It sucks. And you can use that joke if you want.

I make a lot of jokes, most aren't very funny.

dorfin

25 Aug 2012, 4:42 pm

So I guess this is kind of my fault then- I need to try and make more friends then I won't feel lonely at times. I just wish that was easier for me to do. I try really hard to be a nice person and get people to like me so they want to be my friend.

It does work I think to start with but then it all goes wrong. If they call me I don't always answer because I'm focused on other things then I forget to call them back, so eventually they stop calling me. Then when I need someone to talk to I still don't have anyone to call.

Like DiscardedWhisper said "It sucks" ( but sorry I didn't understand what the joke was)

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 7:13 pm

I'm kind of that way. When I'm in the midst if an intellectual project, I don't want to talk to anyone.

I've told people I'm not real good at returning prompt emails. I guess I can tell people the same thing about phone calls.

And then, paradoxically, meeting people seems to have a substantial component of under-trying.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2012, 4:23 am

dorfin wrote:
Like DiscardedWhisper said "It sucks" ( but sorry I didn't understand what the joke was)

They call Disneyland the Happiest Place on Earth, and my life is like the opposite of going to Disneyland and crappy rhymes with happy and......yeah. Like I said, I'm not good at making jokes. :cry:

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 5:51 am

I read a quote from a book recently from Psychology book saying that People are not lonely because they are alone, but people are lonely because they cannot communicate well.
The psychologist further says that even in a room full of people you may feel lonely if you are not good with communication.

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2012, 5:55 am

Well I have a lot of friends, so that is good. But I do feel lonely in the sense that I have no loved ones - no relationship or family.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2012, 8:13 am

I hate room fulls of people. Seriously, nothing makes my skin crawl like a crowded room. Especially when I'm expected to interact with it.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2012, 10:23 am

namaste wrote:
I read a quote from a book recently from Psychology book saying that People are not lonely because they are alone, but people are lonely because they cannot communicate well.
The psychologist further says that even in a room full of people you may feel lonely if you are not good with communication.

I disagree. If you are alone and have nobody to talk to is clearly much worse for me than being around with people even if you don't quite understand what is going on or if it sucks because they are so different.

At the moment I am both (alone and lonely) and it really sucks to have nobody that really fits my interests that I could talk to in a relaxed way.
Many people just have boring lives for me. Not thinking about anything interesting.

Even though I am at work at a university am I missing intellectual people. Most of them are really boring and 10 years younger than me.

Sometimes though there are some interesting discussions...

Well I was never particular keen in being alone I always took any chance to be with people

Clefable
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Yup, I get this feeling pretty often. For example, near the end of the week at work, I look forward to the weekend because it gives me some time to be alone. But when the weekend actually comes around, I start to feel lonely.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

Its wonderful when you come up with a great idea. Its depressing when you realize you have no one to share it with.

Glorifel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

DiscardedWhisper wrote:
Pretty much everyday of my life I feel this way. Isolated, alone, unwanted, affection-starved.

Same.