Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

LisaOfShades
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

I'm always judged for the way I think, am, my opinions, my type of humor, my hobbies, even my IQ result on some quiz or even quoting medical information, or talking about my personal experience...

Someone always find a way to be offended... even when I never seen him or spoke to him, even when it wasn't even related to him... my words taken out of context, or disagreeing with knowledge that isn't even an opinion, but something he just never read before...

And then I get harassed, bullied, taken away from my friends...

I'm terrified... I think someone is going to insult me, belittle me, make reproaches, and get rid of me at any moment...

I wish it was just some fear of fear, but it keeps happening for real...

People dump their personal frustrations on me and it often have nothing to do with me, with what I said, or who I am... I just seemed like an easy target.

I speak French and I read hat people got banned for misspelling... deemed annoying... I'm working very hard... but I can't be perfect... all the time...

Everyone have different tastes... so no matter what I say, someone will love me, another will try to destroy me for the same thing!

I'm scared to get out, to answer the phone, my emails... scared to even post online...

I tried another site to meet people than run in private but they limited the number of PM you could send!! ! Thank god we don't have that here...

Anybody else feel this way? Or lived similar? How did you heal?
If I could meet people and be in a place without anyone to ruin my efforts and success and get rid of me... that would be a start...

I have to admit, in the state I'm in myself... I'd get rid of myself too...
For the last 3 days, I wake up thinking... "Oh no... no more... I just want to die already... 50 more years... of utter loneliness... Please just die... You endured enough poor body, just die..." I had deadly accidents and sickness before... he just won't die...
Well... I thought of trying here...
Sorry if I like morbid jokes...
I really need a laugh... I wish I could right now...

tikidweller
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

Wow, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post. I deal with similar feelings on a day to day basis. Unfortunately I don't have much to offer you for advice on how to cope as I am very caught up in the storm myself at the moment but if you want to talk to someone, feel free to PM me.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 2:18 pm

Lisa, your avatar is the most beautiful I've seen in ages!

When I first meet someone they're fascinated by everything I say and do. Then they start finding fault with everything about me till they leave in disgust of me. I'm the same person at the beginning and later on, so beats me what the problem is. It's been so forever and nothing I do changes the outcome.

saraip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2012, 5:07 pm

Social terror - yep, I'm familiar with it - and I ended up resorting to some very negative coping mechanisms like smoking weed to cope... I don't recommend it at all! :)
I'm not sure how old you are, but I hope you can find time to spend alone where you can be away from people - sometimes having a bit of distance from the problem can give you time to clear your head - but I know it isn't always feasible. On the other hand, make sure you have lots of affirmations around - I like sticking reminders on my wall and I have positivity cards that say "I love being me" and "I am awesome" and stuff like this - and I use them frequently during the day! I'm not saying this will change other people - other people are always a bit yuck :) BUT it can change YOU.

Good luck! I hope you find healthy, positive ways to cope. If all else fails, type "What to do about social terror" into Google and see what you come up with... at least it will keep you away from people for a while?

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2012, 6:05 pm

Boy that's a familiar feeling to me. Go to bed depressed, wake up later, "Ah, dammit. I'm still alive."

I don't deal with people anymore. They only seem to be interested in making me miserable. I stay in my house, I watch tv, I play games and avoid people while I'm doing it since every bloody game is multiplayer now... :evil: Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want friends. I just know better to go looking for them when all that's out there is bullies and abusers.

People will probably ask why I'm here if I'm avoiding people. Well, I don't know why I'm here. Except to vent and I already got in trouble for that once. :cry:

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 7:17 pm

Last edited by BlueMax on 26 Aug 2012, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2012, 7:33 pm

BlueMax wrote:
[img][800:1269]http://www.hsoi.com/resources/offensensitivity.gif[/img]

Haha, Bloom County. Genius little strip that it was. But yeah, that pretty much sums it up. People are out there looking for any reason to get offended by anything and everything. Frankly I'd be amazed people don't kill each other over it, but then I remember it might offend someone.

As for me, the only thing that truly offends me is hypocrites. Sadly, hypocrisy is pretty rampant in this day and age.