Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:12 pm

My grandma died of cancer in 1997 when I was 7 years old.

When I was 16 I was crying in front of my mum over her death. My mother then said too me "now James she liked you a lot but at the end of the day she only cared about herself". My mum went on too say. "She was a very selfish in that respect"

Why do u think my mum said that too me when I was crying over death?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm

Sounds like your mother and grandmother had unresolved issues. Regardless, those issues are between them and shouldn't affect you or your grieving process.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

My grandma and my mum did have a small argument once... My gran was not showing much sensitivity over my 4 year old brother being ill with kidney problems.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 10:57 pm

This was an issue from seven years ago. I am surprised you held on to that for this long. No judgment or criticism intended.

I can't tell you what your mother was thinking when she said that. But if your grandmother was insensitive then that probably has something to do with the explanation of selfishness. I must ask you now if you really want to find out some answers, you must do so without judgment and with an open mind. If you don't want to know, I would let it go.