Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 11:44 am

Long story short, my landlord has prohibited that I "lock horns" with my harrassers, and demands instead that I inform the superintendent of the building when they harrass me. The superintendent is very close friends with these guys so he won't move a finger to help me. Moving is not an option because I'm often harrassed wherever I live, plus it's very hard to find a place to rent here. My cat disappeared yesterday, and I'm scared they may have killed her because I called the police on them last week.

I'm desperate, and I have no one to talk to. I called a woman who always says we're friends but she didn't call me back.

I hadn't felt this desperate in years. I don't know what to do, who to turn to.

I know this is the kind of situation that is impossible for me because I'm autistic, an NT would instinctly know what to do or how not to get to this.

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

Did you look for your cat?

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

What about this: Ask the Superintendent to help find your cat. If he doesn't seem cooperative or time continues to go by, ask your neighbors if they have seen your cat. If neither of them help you, notify the police that they aren't being cooperative and it's highly unusual for your cat to be gone this long.

I had another idea too, something more practical we could do to help. Is there anyone you'd like us to write a letter to, to help advocate for you?

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

The police here don't do anything when there's no evidence.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Where is the bullying taking place?

If they're going into your own house to bully you; set up a camera of some sort. There's your evidence ;p

Author/Writer

paris75007
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

When you say you are often harassed where ever you live....it makes me think that maybe you are not being the best neighbor. Which is not to say that you deserve the treatment you are getting (especially not if they hurt your cat...that's disgusting behavior no matter what you may have done to them), but maybe you could benefit from examining how you relate to the people who live around you, and seeking advice on what kinds of things most people let slide and what typical 'neighbor' behavior is. Not sure it's fixable at this point with these neighbors, and if they DID hurt your cat, I'd say living there is not safe for YOU either. Moving is probably your best option and trying to figure out what you are doing wrong in your interactions with your neighbors so the same scenario doesn't keep happening. I'd document the harassment very carefully. You can get out of your lease if you are truly being harassed by your neighbors and the landlord won't put a stop to it.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:05 am

I know what I did wrong now. But the pain that my cat had to give her life for me to learn is unbearable. If she was still a stray she'd be alive and well.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 8:22 am

Have you checked with the pound? I'd imagine that if they wanted to be a douche and involve your cat in this that they wouldn't kill it, they would more than likely either take it to the pound, give it to someone who wanted a cat or take it somewhere else and turn it loose. I wouldn't think they would kill it unless they killed it and left it there for you to find.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 8:33 am

Moondust wrote:
I know what I did wrong now. But the pain that my cat had to give her life for me to learn is unbearable. If she was still a stray she'd be alive and well.

I know how you feel about the cat. I had some problematic neighbors (they've moved away-thank you, Lord!!) who rounded up our 3 favorite cats and took them to the pound. It still haunts me to think about my Fred being afraid and wondering where I was. I'd had him for 8 years and he followed me around everywhere.

But if your cat was still a stray, she'd probably be sick, starving, pregnant and/or hurt. She may even have been hit by a car. Be glad that she knew a bit of comfort with you for a while and that she had some happy times with you.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

Niki is back. Turns out she'd been looking for me and I for her at different times. I'm slowly coming back to life, have eaten a bit after 3 days of hardly eating anything. She's perfectly fine and seems like "what's all the fuss about?" but she hasn't slept although she looks tired, so I think she too is still tense. She wasn't even very hungry when she arrived, she didn't want her dinner, only treats.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 6:01 pm

Thank you all so much for being there for me during this ordeal!! !

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 6:31 pm

Pleased to be, I'm really relieved and happy that your cat's ok. That's huge weight; not that your neighbors are great or that situation is easy, but if it were me I would feel totally different just to know something hadn't happened to him/her.

Hope everything continues to improve and you continue to feel better with it, I'll be watching the thread along with everyone here.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 11:41 pm

I had a Manx when I was younger, would disappear for days at a time, sometimes weeks and then show up again in the middle of the night. Even with all the harassment I put him through he always returned from roaming around in the hills and leave little 'gifts' at the door. I can imagine you're feeling the same way I did when my cat would come home. I'm very relieved yours is safe

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 12:49 am

I have the same bad habit as you... assuming the worst of a situation. I try really hard not to, but I inherited that from my mother who still assumes the absolute worst every time!!

I'm very glad the neighbours didn't kill your cat! Maybe things aren't quite as bad as feared?

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 5:16 am

Approach some NGO's or social worker and keep their numbers handy
you might need them when you are lonely and want help

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:20 am

My social worker and I work the same timetable, so I can never come to meet her in her office. I used to go a lot when I didn't work Sundays. I need that badly now, you're right.